• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Whitner not against 17 or 18 game season

Holy ****, I'm actually in agreement with him on this:

I'm not sure I agree that they should money added to their contracts for the additional games, but then again, I wouldn't agree to work 12.5% more for the same pay either.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: Whitner not against 17 or 18 game season

Originally posted by OpIv37
    Holy ****, I'm actually in agreement with him on this:

I'm not sure I agree that they should money added to their contracts for the additional games, but then again, I wouldn't agree to work 12.5% more for the same pay either.
    I think they almost have to add more money to the deals.

The owners will be increasing their revenue by a significant amount and the pay to the players is supposed to be based on league revenue. Why wouldn't they have to give the players (and coaches, referees, trainers, etc) a similar type of increase? The owners will probably see an increase of between 8-10% (a complete guess) in revenue so I would expect the NFLPA, when approving this change, will ask for the same.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      I think they almost have to add more money to the deals.

The owners will be increasing their revenue by a significant amount and the pay to the players is supposed to be based on league revenue. Why wouldn't they have to give the players (and coaches, referees, trainers, etc) a similar type of increase? The owners will probably see an increase of between 8-10% (a complete guess) in revenue so I would expect the NFLPA, when approving this change, will ask for the same.
      just as long as the salary cap goes up by the same.... it would suck to see teams lose their available cap because the new CBA changed the value of existing contracts.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
        just as long as the salary cap goes up by the same.... it would suck to see teams lose their available cap because the new CBA changed the value of existing contracts.
        The cap is based on a formula related to league revenues. It is a certain % of the leagues revenue, so it would go up accordingly.
        Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• TheMan08
          Knocks only the living.
          • Oct 2008

They shouldn't get paid more.

Lots of people work on salary and don't get paid extra for extra hours. Plus some teams already work longer via making playoffs. Do players get paid more for playoff games?

Comment

• jamze132
            Don’t hate…
            • Jun 2003

These whining babies are making millions playing a game we all played as a kid. **** them if they want more money. I say to all the owners, lock their asses out if need be. That way I'll get my chance!

Comment

• mybills
              81 st zoner
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TheMan08
              They shouldn't get paid more.

Lots of people work on salary and don't get paid extra for extra hours. Plus some teams already work longer via making playoffs. Do players get paid more for playoff games?
              True, but retired players benefits aren't that great, so if you add the extra games + the PO's + possibly the SB, you can expect more harm to come to their bodies later on.
              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

Working...
              X