PDA

View Full Version : Roscoe Article

trapezeus
06-03-2009, 09:02 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/columns/story/691115.html

Im not sure where Allen Wilson is coming up with this "roscoe isn't utiliized." they tried him a lot last year and he wasn't open. True, the first half of the year he had some nice third down catches to keep drives alive late in games, but he also got hurt.

I think Roscoe has a place on the team and that we need him in that role, but for him to be unhappy is ridiculous to me.

mybills
06-03-2009, 09:07 AM
Well he DID break the curse of the # 11. :up:

justasportsfan
06-03-2009, 09:18 AM
Im not sure where Allen Wilson is coming up with this "roscoe isn't utiliized." they tried him a lot last year and he wasn't open. .

He's made to run deep and we know he's in a situation where he's Trent 3rd or 4th target after Lee , the TE's ,Josh and then the rb's.

Roscoe is lost in the shuffle. I'd hate to see him leave because he's a huge weapon in the return game but I would go to a team where the coaches know how to utlize his strengths.

WE couldn't even take advantage of Hardy's height in the redzone, I doubt we know how to use a shorter guy. Thats why we brought in TO.

TO doesn't need a coach to make him thrive. If Turk started coaching TO, he'd end up being useless too.

trapezeus
06-03-2009, 09:27 AM
i don't know if roscoe is just a deep threat. i think we all think of that jets game two years ago where he took like three steps, got the ball and took off. and allen wilson mentions that too. he needs to get the ball sooner rather than later. but he is small and he has been hurt when he plays too much.

The truth is the bills may be very deep with johnson, evans, reed, owens, and hardy. When that's your receiving corp, it's hard to justify getting the ball to a 5'6 receiver

justasportsfan
06-03-2009, 09:41 AM
i don't know if roscoe is just a deep threat. i think we all think of that jets game two years ago where he took like three steps, got the ball and took off. and allen wilson mentions that too. he needs to get the ball sooner rather than later. but he is small and he has been hurt when he plays too much.

The truth is the bills may be very deep with johnson, evans, reed, owens, and hardy. When that's your receiving corp, it's hard to justify getting the ball to a 5'6 receiver
thats the thing, I think Roscoe can do what Reed does but the problem is, since Roscoe can stretch the field, he was made to run deep and because of it, TRent ended up gaining more chemsitry with Reed. Besides Reed has a better ability to block which came in handy with a team that was struglling with blocking.

I think Roscoe could very well thrive more in short to medium routes but in our system, thats been reserved for Reed and our TE's.

He should move to either Denver where McDaniels could give him a Welker type of role or KC where Cassel could use him or a team that knows how to run a sweep.

Lexwhat
06-03-2009, 11:10 AM
You mean this coaching staff isn't utilizing a player's skill set properly??

Shocking.

A smarter coach would definitely make better use of Roscoe on the field than Dick.

Jaybird
06-03-2009, 11:19 AM
I agree with the special plays for him.... I mentioned something about that a few years back. The same goes for Evans; how many times have you seen these guys run a reverse or a trick play?!?

Roscoe can be a weapon in gadget plays and should get 2-3 touches a game

trapezeus
06-03-2009, 11:40 AM
but you have to be more versatile than just run on trick plays...that means everytime he steps on the field, D's know to key in on him. I think justa is right. if he could be a medium range player, then his trick play reverses and what not would be much more effective.

but i just get the sense that an expanded role for him would put him on the IR.

Mr. Pink
06-03-2009, 04:19 PM
He's "underutilized" as people wanna call it in the offense simply because he's not that good as a WR.

Period.