Cntrygal
06-03-2009, 11:56 AM
:sigh:

billsfanone
06-03-2009, 12:15 PM
:ill:

mybills
06-03-2009, 01:56 PM
The only thing depressing is that they had to cheat to do it.

streetkings01
06-03-2009, 03:25 PM
The only thing depressing is that they had to cheat to do it.What happened to last season?

OpIv37
06-04-2009, 11:09 AM
Trust me-it would be even more depressing if they attempted to rank the BOTTOM 5 franchises in the NFL over the last 10 years. With Arizona making the SB last year, Detroit really is the only franchise in the NFL as futile as the Buffalo Bills (maybe Cleveland as well).

TheMan08
06-04-2009, 11:11 AM
What about the Jets. They been to one super bowl. But they won :ill:

OpIv37
06-04-2009, 11:13 AM
What about the Jets. They been to one super bowl. But they won :ill:

it's only counting the decade from 00-09.

The Jets didn't make the SB during that time. They did make the playoffs in '04 and maybe one other time too. The Bills couldn't even pull that off.

Patrick76777
06-04-2009, 11:30 AM
Trust me-it would be even more depressing if they attempted to rank the BOTTOM 5 franchises in the NFL over the last 10 years. With Arizona making the SB last year, Detroit really is the only franchise in the NFL as futile as the Buffalo Bills (maybe Cleveland as well).

I almost expected 31st. And I'd really have no problem with it. When the lay out all the stats, it's sobering. 1 winning season. WTF! And that was 9-7 for god sakes!

I expected a few down years after they tried to extend our run into the late 90's, but you should be able to turn any team around within 2 years. Sometimes 1 year! It's not unheard of. Teams do it all the time. But to have 9 years in a row!!!!!!!

And honestly, in retrospect, I think I would have rather strung together 3 or 4, 3 win seasons. At least that way we could have got some talent in here. Winning between 6-9 games every year will never get you anywhere.

OpIv37
06-04-2009, 11:31 AM
I almost expected 31st. And I'd really have no problem with it. When the lay out all the stats, it's sobering. 1 winning season. WTF! And that was 9-7 for god sakes!

I expected a few down years after they tried to extend our run into the late 90's, but you should be able to turn any team around within 2 years. Sometimes 1 year! It's not unheard of. Teams do it all the time. But to have 9 years in a row!!!!!!!

And honestly, in retrospect, I think I would have rather strung together 3 or 4, 3 win seasons. At least that way we could have got some talent in here. Winning between 6-9 games every year will never get you anywhere.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's typical Buffalo mediocrity.

Not quite good enough to make the playoffs or do anything meaningful. Not quite bad enough to get high draft picks and bring some real talent in here.

trapezeus
06-04-2009, 11:35 AM
That ranking was the stark truth of the last 9 years. We're all fans rooting for something big, but it's hard to look at 1 winning season...and that only because our team was fed hamburgers before the game.

Honestly, with the way the sabres have messed up their good 06-07 fortunes, i can't envision a buffalo team doing a meaningul thing where i am sitting on the edge of my seat praying for us to win. I almost know that this streak with the bills will extend on for another 5 years.

Patrick76777
06-04-2009, 11:50 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's typical Buffalo mediocrity.

Not quite good enough to make the playoffs or do anything meaningful. Not quite bad enough to get high draft picks and bring some real talent in here.

You know, I supported the Bledsoe trade and I really think that that 04 team was actually very good, but if we don't trade for him, we probably struggle really bad for the next year or two but would have been able to build a better team as a result.

OpIv37
06-04-2009, 11:55 AM
You know, I supported the Bledsoe trade and I really think that that 04 team was actually very good, but if we don't trade for him, we probably struggle really bad for the next year or two but would have been able to build a better team as a result.

well there's a reason why TD got the boot.

SABURZFAN
06-04-2009, 12:19 PM
all of those 7-9 seasons saved us from being worse. :blowup:

Griz78
06-04-2009, 01:50 PM
Top 3 Reasons:

1.) Never got the "right" coach
2.) Never got the "right" quarterback
3.) Changed our defense alignment from a solid 3-4 to stupid named defenses like "46 and "Tampa 2"

OpIv37
06-04-2009, 02:03 PM
Top 3 Reasons:

1.) Never got the "right" coach
2.) Never got the "right" quarterback
3.) Changed our defense alignment from a solid 3-4 to stupid named defenses like "46 and "Tampa 2"

well the problem is that the Bills are always late on the trends. By the time we ditched Ted Washington and went to the 46, other teams had ditched the 3-4 four or five seasons before that. By the time we ditched the 46 for the Cover 2/Tampa 2, many teams had moved away from the C2 as a base D and were going back to the 3-4.

In another 2 years or so, the Bills will have to break everything down and will try to implement a 3-4, but by that time, the teams that win will have solved the 3-4 on O and moved on to a different scheme on D.

The real issue is that the Bills are followers, not innovators, and that goes back to your first point about coaches.