PDA

View Full Version : The Don Is Back !!!!

DonCanabis
06-03-2009, 12:09 PM
The Don is Back!!

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f125/atw217/brando.png

Hey, last year I posted my column on some new team boards. And I felt I really did not do a proper introduction of myself. I decided I would like to do that this year.

As you noticed...I'm The Don, "The Godfather" of predictions. I've been betting on football for the past 13 years. I have been posting my Prediction Columns for 5 years now. I'm a football enthusiast that loves the sport. I am constantly trying to learn every thing I can about the game and what happens each week around the NFL. I love to bet on sports but,I hate to gamble. I study a lot about the teams, injuries, tendencies etc...to try to lower the chance of making a bad pick. I watch at least 12 games per week to learn more about the teams. This allows me to really pay attention to the small details on every team each week. I do this because I love it, and it is my Passion.

I decided that since I put so much study and work into my preparation each week that I wanted to share it with other Football Bloggers. My hope is that it will help you in some way make more focused picks each week.

I have a 64% career record against the spread. Last year I had a down year and finished with. But lets face it, it was a pretty weird year, Miami going 11-5 after going 1-15 the previous year, NE going also 11-5 with out Brady and a QB that hadn't played since High school, Atlanta and Baltimore making the playoffs with rookie QB's, And what can be more weird than Arizona making the playoffs. But I'm really happy about the last one because they made me a lot of Money in their Playoffs run.

Well, the Offseason is almost finally over, we already had the start of FA, the Combine and Draft and most team right now are having their first OTA's and Training camp is just around the corner. So this being the slowest part of the offseason I decided it was time to show myself again.

This year I will be doing a preview analysis of each team I post in their board just to get the motors started. Also I will be back with My Crystal Ball Column each week for you guys that use it, like to read it or just for the ones that want to call me a big Dummy for picking against their team.

And last and more importantly, I'm here to invite all the board members that would like to join to my 4th Annual predictions league which I will explain more in another post.

So GL this season and I will be posting shortly.

The Don.

OpIv37
06-03-2009, 12:11 PM
you are definitely on cannabis, if not something a little more potent.

bigbub2352
06-03-2009, 12:27 PM
chronic

ServoBillieves
06-03-2009, 12:29 PM
64%? No thanks.

Slick
06-03-2009, 12:55 PM
"big Dummy"? Sounds like theblackbear lol

TigerJ
06-03-2009, 05:01 PM
I don't bet games, so you are irrelevant. Sorry.

B-DON
06-03-2009, 09:00 PM
The Don's been here the whole time

RandolphDuke
06-03-2009, 09:18 PM
who?

capitolneal
06-03-2009, 09:46 PM
64% is acyually winning money

FlyingDutchman
06-03-2009, 09:56 PM
I dont know who you are, but if you start posting winners ill take the time to find out. Im pretty good at college, made about 3k last year with just 50 and 100 dollar bets for the most part, but the NFL is hard as hell and killed what would have been a nicer bank roll for me.

DrGraves
06-03-2009, 11:02 PM
everyone here is an 'expert'

SABURZFAN
06-03-2009, 11:08 PM
let me jump up in the air and click my heels. :rolleyes:

Night Train
06-04-2009, 04:32 AM
There are only 50 posters on this site.

Most have 12-13 aliases, hoping one will succeed. Meanwhile, they have the losing ones fighting among themselves.

DonCanabis
06-04-2009, 10:54 AM
I dont know who you are, but if you start posting winners ill take the time to find out. Im pretty good at college, made about 3k last year with just 50 and 100 dollar bets for the most part, but the NFL is hard as hell and killed what would have been a nicer bank roll for me.

I clear over 3k also each year and I only do NFL... I stopped doing College like 5 years ago when I couldn't put the time to do both and for me College is a little harder because the lines can get so big. So if you can't put the time to know why a College team is getting a 30+ point spread you don't have anything to do in that one.

FlyingDutchman
06-04-2009, 11:50 AM
I clear over 3k also each year and I only do NFL... I stopped doing College like 5 years ago when I couldn't put the time to do both and for me College is a little harder because the lines can get so big. So if you can't put the time to know why a College team is getting a 30+ point spread you don't have anything to do in that one.

i actually like the big spreads sometimes. i made an absolute killing off of north texas this year. they were usually 24 point underdogs on the average sometimes more, and when playing teams with spread offenses, it was almost a given they were going to lose by that much. the thing i like about college is, if you follow matchups closely and see a glaring advantage for one team (ie. tulsa vs team with a terrible secondary) thats a good bet that they are going to be able to move the ball at will. its a lot easier than NFL, bc NFL's talent level is equal and anyone can beat anyone. If youre smart and just go with the distinct advatages, it will pan out 80% of the time.

FlyingDutchman
06-04-2009, 11:53 AM
and youre right, college is very time consuming. i would spend about 3-4 hours on a friday afternoon breaking down the matchups to get to about 4 games i like

FlyingDutchman
06-04-2009, 11:59 AM
oh and free tip for college. every tuesday night game, bet the under. dont ask questions, just do it. since like 2001, the under as hit like 90% of the time. this shark i know pointed it out to me. i cant explain it, it just happens. remember who told you this.

FlyingDutchman
06-04-2009, 06:51 PM
64%? No thanks.

64% is winning. that is beating the juice when losing. its a lot harder to pick winners on a consistant basis than i think youre aware of

DonCanabis
06-05-2009, 11:34 AM
Yeah Flying I think the guys believe that Analist have a 90%+ Record against the spread they don't get how hard it is and also even if you did all the analysis you can't predict a kicker missing the extra point to cover the spread lol.

I will check out what you said about Tuesday's games this year it's an interesting theory.

ddaryl
06-05-2009, 11:38 AM
64%? No thanks.

against the spread... if he is telling the truth 64% is very good