X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Bills have another WR you should know about

Toward the end of training camp last year, a member of the Buffalo Bills told me what a steal Steve Johnson would turn out to be.

"Steve Johnson is going to be a player," the source said, emphasizing the final word.

Not much could be expected when Buffalo drafted the 6-foot-3, 198-pound Johnson in the seventh round out of Kentucky last year. Only three other receivers were drafted after him.

• TigerJ
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills have another WR you should know about

I'm high on Johnson, but he's still no better than the fourth receiver on this team. Obviously Evans and Owens are #1 and 2. Reed is #3. So Johnson is competing with Parrish to be #4. Hardy is probably out of the mix at the start of the season. If Hardy is on the roster, and not on IR, I think the Bills are still going to start him out slowly. Hardy might not have any receptions through the first quarter of the season. I think Schonert will try to figure out how to get Johnson on the field, but he's just not going to get a ton of catches this year. If he averages two receptions a game, that would be a good season for him. It will be very interesting to see what happens in 2010. Will the Bills try and re-sign Owens? The answer to that might depend on what they see in Johnson and Hardy this season.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
      The Voice of Reason
      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by The Spaz
      Toward the end of training camp last year, a member of the Buffalo Bills told me what a steal Steve Johnson would turn out to be.

"Steve Johnson is going to be a player," the source said, emphasizing the final word.

Not much could be expected when Buffalo drafted the 6-foot-3, 198-pound Johnson in the seventh round out of Kentucky last year. Only three other receivers were drafted after him.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0...now-about.html
      Easily my favorite receiver on the team. He's the next Housh after T.O. is gone.
      Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Lexwhat
        • Feb 2005

Nice article. I don't think Steve Johnson is going to contribute too much this year (unless Josh Reed gets injured), but I have very high hopes for his 3rd season.

He has excellent size and could really develop into a great possession receiver.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Johnson will overtake Parrish, no doubt in my mind.

Owens is a 1- year rent-a-player.

I believe Reed is in the last year of his contract.

Johnson will get his chances this year and he'll be a regular in the offense next year. He's going to turn out to be a steal.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• homeslice5484
            • Jul 2008

been saying this since he was drafted...thats my boy!

Comment

• Jeff1220
              H to the 12:20
              • Jul 2002

While I agree that Johnson is going to be good, I'm starting to wonder if Tim Graham is trying to steal Chris Brown's job.

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                Johnson will overtake Parrish, no doubt in my mind.

Owens is a 1- year rent-a-player.

I believe Reed is in the last year of his contract.

Johnson will get his chances this year and he'll be a regular in the offense next year. He's going to turn out to be a steal.
                you better be careful. your starting to sound somewhat optimistic. very disappointing.
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Dujek
                  Hall of Fame Zoner
                  • Jan 2008

Johnson was a steal in last year's draft, he showed some flashes of his ability towards the end of last season, and could well turn into a long term #2 receiver here. Of course at the minute it's all speculation, but I can honestly see him being a big influence on what this team does from 2010 and beyond.

Comment

• yordad
                    • Dec 2007

We have the deepest most talented WRs in the league when you factor in the "projected long run" stat I just made up!
                    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• jamze132
                      Don’t hate…
                      • Jun 2003

I was pushing for Johnson when we drafted him too. It must be the hair.

Comment

• methos4ever
                        • Apr 2004

I loved watching him (in hindsight) as the dude who ruined LSU's, Louisville's and FL. State's days respectively. And to me, correct me if I'm wrong but he plays WR like Marshawn at RB: running through contact and trying to get every yard possible.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Hardy better get his arse in gear or Steve's gonna leave him behind and become no. 2.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                            • Feb 2005

I don't understand all this badmouthing Hardy... He had 2 TD's as well. That's 4 TD's total from our rookies last season. Nice output if you ask me... The future looks bright.

Until then... 50+ receptions will be hard to beat. Reed is #3 at the moment and will remain there until someone can knock him off! It's not even close at this point.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                              • Jul 2005

I think the #3 receiver slot is up for grabs.

Reed's a good slot receiver. But if Johnson truly has the talent to be a "player" for this team, he should be able to at minimum give Reed a very serious run for his money at #3. That's going to be interesting.

I don't think that Hardy figures in the slot competition. I think he's going to be mostly backup to T.O.
                              Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

Working...
                              X