PDA

View Full Version : Berman to present Ralph for the Hall!

Dr. Lecter
06-04-2009, 01:44 PM
ESPN broadcaster Chris Berman is known for waving the Buffalo Bills' banner. That trait helped earn him a special honor this summer. Bills owner Ralph C. Wilson Jr. has picked Berman to give the presenting speech for him at the Pro Football Hall of Fame ceremony on Aug. 8 in Canton, Ohio.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2009/06/berman-gets-hof-gig.html

I am shocked. I was sure it would have been Marv.

Dr. Lecter
06-04-2009, 01:47 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/692732.html

Buffalo Bills owner Ralph C. Wilson Jr. has picked ESPN broadcaster Chris Berman to be his presenter for the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Berman has been known as a Bills booster since the late 1980s. He picked the Bills to make the Super Bowl almost every year in the 1990s. And he popularized the phrase, "nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills."

Berman also is the master of ceremonies for the Hall of Fame event, which will be held Aug. 8 at Canton, Ohio.

Mudflap1
06-04-2009, 01:51 PM
Cool!

don137
06-04-2009, 02:09 PM
Berman is one of the few I sill enjoy at ESPN. Got his autograph for my son when he was in town last month for a pro-am golf tournament. Very personable with the fans. Mentioned something about Buffalo and he gave a thumbs up and a smile. Always been pro-Buffalo.

Horns
06-04-2009, 02:38 PM
Berman has never made it a secret that he has an allegiance to the Bills. Plus, Berman will probably make it entertaining.

I would have thought that Marv or Jim Kelly would have been the choices.

Ickybaluky
06-04-2009, 02:41 PM
Berman has never made it a secret that he has an allegiance to the Bills. Plus, Berman will probably make it entertaining.

I would have thought that Marv or Jim Kelly would have been the choices.

It is too bad his daughter died recently, as I bet he would have liked her to present him.

Mudflap1
06-04-2009, 02:54 PM
Here's a conspiracy theory: Maybe Marv left the Bills last year under strained circumstances with Ralph?

DBrown77
06-04-2009, 03:03 PM
Bermans schtick is getting old. I hate it when ESPN puts him on anything other than football.

He was the commentator on a golf tourney once and was horrible

Mr. Miyagi
06-04-2009, 03:07 PM
Bermans schtick is getting old. I hate it when ESPN puts him on anything other than football.

He was the commentator on a golf tourney once and was horrible
:lolpoint: watching golf on TV

The Spaz
06-04-2009, 03:34 PM
Love Berman. Why? Because he's a Bills fan!:up:

jimbohastle51
06-04-2009, 04:48 PM
for alot of years, (and you young guys probably dont remember). chris berman and the late (great) tim russert were the ONLY public figures that kept buffalo among the living as far as media attention went. berman is a proud bills fan and lets it show. weather people say he is a good guy or not i dont care, we all have our vices and we all have one thing in common, we want the bills to win, and we all love buffalo, weather we were forced to move away or not. i could go anywhere i want for vacation, europe, california, wherever, but there is something about home, and that city that always brings me back there. 3 months ago when my mother passed her dying wish was to be brought back home from florida to be buried there (she was a die hard bills fan!!), its a special place and a special team. do it up right boomer and make ralph sound good http://boards.buffalobills.com/images/smilies/smile.gif lets go bills!!!

Luisito23
06-04-2009, 06:19 PM
I like Boomer, but it should of been Marv.

Jeff1220
06-04-2009, 07:30 PM
I think we now know who Berman's "cab driver" to the draft was all those years.

sdbillsfan2
06-04-2009, 09:41 PM
Berman= Good choice ! A shocker would have been Bill Polian !

jimbohastle51
06-04-2009, 11:24 PM
"Fifty years in sports, there's only one constant: Ralph Wilson is the owner of the Buffalo Bills. What Mr. Wilson has done for pro football and for the city of Buffalo and Western New York, it's hard to put into words. He remains in it for the same reasons he got into it in 1959: He loves the game of football, and that's apparent in everything he does. It will be an honor to have a bird's eye view to watch him be inducted in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, especially this year, in the 50th year of the old American Football League. He's a man I admire very much and I'm honored to just be there."

this is bermans press release after he had been asked to induct mr. wilson per tim grahams blog.

he is a bills fan and he is a man who loves western NY and even comes back for jim kelly's golf tournament and always says positive things about our team. any bills fan is ok in my book. of cource i think had russert still been here (god rest his soul) he would have been easily the choice.

jamze132
06-04-2009, 11:58 PM
I'm shocked he didn't ask Angelo Crowell to do the honors.

Dying_-2-_Live
06-05-2009, 03:00 PM
Eric Moulds or JP Losman would have made interesting speeches ;)
I am honestly surprised our savior Terrell Owens wasn't considered lol