PDA

View Full Version : Modrak

Marvelous
06-05-2009, 12:05 AM
--Regardless of The Ralphs health status...with that being said-
-We need a STRONG/ All Balls GM.. One who is like Jimmy Johnson,The Tuna, ozzie,, This young awesome up & comier in Atlanta etc... But we need to start with solid trading & maneuvering,,then get the right positions targeted. Then we need some good old fasioned L--U--C--K that they aren't uncoachable bust, but then again,,,, a STUD GM/talenet evaluator could sense/predict such things to a certain extent eh....

--Enter Tom Modrak-- Sure he's a great talent finder.. He alone found Jabari Greer as a unwanted rookie that was ignored by the league.. Maybe luck, maybe just a hard working rook, who was coached right & got plenty of playing time and just progressed.....Remember the monday night game against Dallas Two years ago? Jabari Greer OWNED T.O. BIGTIME/THE WHOLE GAME TOO...

--Modrak--But there's another trend w/ Modrak- LOSING & MEDIOCRITY on a consistent level since post Marv Levi(1st stint) and Bill Pollian...
---Kinda like the way Jonas Jennings was good, but we wanted MORE, or BETTER from our starting LT. maybe that means a starting LT who can stay healthy, or just a starting LT who plays like a star outside of OWNING Jason Taylor..
-Point is that ~ even though Modrak is a awesome rookie evaluator, maybe we need MORE. I know is rediculous that we aren't winning for soooo long now. & even more rediculous that NE owns us so bad. Esp considering that The Jets and Miami got a NE win here & there & we KILLED NYJ's & Miami during that time.. Dick is a really good coach & not only do i like him, but i believe he is the coach to take us to the plaofffs. So i say we keep him as long as we don't get a new president type head coach who does a Mike Holmgrem or Andy Reed type takeover where they coach & do the GMing etc....

----So what are the Zoners feelings about Russ & Modrak & our future? && Where does is start for us to get over the mediocrity hump and become "goood" again?
--Seems obvious that we start with finding our QB of teh future and build around.. We had & lost our freaking franchise LT. :mad: No way will i EVER forget the way OBD dropped the puck on that one. Regardless of how greedy etc Jason Peters was/became... He shoulda been paid two years ago.. Yes, we lowballed him and had him play on a contract that ideal for a average starting LT,,not a probowl/elite LT.. No surprise that it blew up in our faces when Peters became obsessed with anger & eventualy bitterness & ressentment.. So Star LT aside.
--We have a nice up & coming O-line. With Butler & the new class.. We have Evans to build around and Evans should be elite for another 7-8 years/seasons..
--Our offense has our super star Running back. And there's a chance that, that said RB is not Lynch. Fred Jackson looked awesome last year running and the best reciever outta the backfield since Thurman. Not counting Larry Centers :lol:
----So it's all about finding our QB. In the case that we already have him then we/he really needs to get that comfort level and show us that the honeymoon is over. He had last season for leaning curves with seeing complexed blitzes & coverages & dealing with injuries and how to avoid for the future..
-----I really do believe that T.O really will be the best learning experience for Trent. T.O will force Trent to pay better attention to routes. Something i've been VERY vocal about here @ Zone.. How Trent Edwards is not very good at route-reading. Hence the Josh Reed attention, and the Running backs getting soo many passes etc. And Lee Evans not getting the same attention he got with JP etc... So ima thinking that Trent will improve this year.. If i'm wrong then we know where our teams biggest whole/weakness is & where we need to focus on to become a winner again...

--Post Jimbo hasn't been kind to us..

Thoughts about Modrak,,,,Russ,,,Front Office & 1BD in general with what i said/posted?

jamze132
06-05-2009, 08:07 AM
If we suck again this year, I am all for a complete FO overhaul. Let the new regime sort out the srubs on the roster.

DesertFox24
06-05-2009, 08:10 AM
I personally like what Russ and company have done the past two years.

The only thing I am not happy with is the coaching, but that was not their decision.

I kind of can not blame them for keeping Dick for one more year and hoping that Trent entering his third year with legitimate weapons for the first time in his whole life will shine.

I really like for the first time since ruben brown that we invested heavily in both lines this off season and the draft. I personally think Wood and Levitre are going to become studs and make the interior line that much better, in time, which is the only bad thing I can see about this offense. Well that and I am not a big fan of Langston at LT, butler at RT is ok he just needs reps in my opinion.

OpIv37
06-05-2009, 08:10 AM
Modrak was here under TD, which means one of two things:

1. His talent evaluation is not that good
2. He didn't stand up to TD to defend his opinions on talent and TD made bad draft choices despite Modrak's opinion.

Either way, I'm less than impressed. If the Bills don't do something this year, I want a COMPLETE house-cleaning.

Jan Reimers
06-05-2009, 08:28 AM
Funny how Modrak was a very highly thought of talent evaluator before he got to Buffalo, but now he's virtually an idiot. Must be something in the WNY water system that turns so many of these guys stupid after they come to work for the Bills.

bigbub2352
06-05-2009, 08:46 AM
Modrak is the brain child for many of our busts over the last 9yrs, if we come anywhere near a 7-9 season i say fire everyone top to bottom, and start with Fewell and his **** cover 2, turk and his unimaginative O, and DJ and his score board starring emotionless hand clapping

justasportsfan
06-05-2009, 08:50 AM
IMO he was just a scout but had no say in who we drafted up until this year.

I also cant blame him for what goes on or how the players perform on the field. A lot of that has to do with coaches. WE could've drafted the best players but if the coaches set them up to fail, there's nothing they can do especially in a tough division were the other coaches know what to do with less.

It also wasn't his fault that our young players tend to get injured either in their 1st and/or 2nd year.

Jan Reimers
06-05-2009, 09:55 AM
IMO he was just a scout but had no say in who we drafted up until this year.

I also can blame him for what goes on or how the players perform on the field. A lot of that has to do with coaches. WE could've drafted the best players but if the coaches set them up to fail, there's nothing they can do especially in a tough division were the other coaches know what to do with less.

It also wasn't his fault that our young players tend to get injured either in their 1st and/or 2nd year.
I agree, given his success in both Philadelphia and Pittsburgh.

DesertFox24
06-05-2009, 10:04 AM
Modrak and Brandon are not the problems here, we have had two excellent drafts the past two drafts.

I agree that I think our problem is coaching and it is not so much dick as it is the coordinators.

I do not like the fact that we do not blitz enough on defense and play soft coverages which allow teams to hit the short throws all day on us. Hell I say play them up tight and let them beat us deep.

On offense I am willing to give Turk one more year before I make a judgement. There were some game plans that were excellent and some decisions he made that were great, there was also horrible game plans and decisions. Week 17 why go for the field goal at the end of the half instead of going for the td, was that dick or turk?

Ginger Vitis
06-05-2009, 11:26 AM
Modrak and Brandon are not the problems here, we have had two excellent drafts the past two drafts.

That still remains to be seen

Mr. Pink
06-05-2009, 11:41 AM
Why is that guys can succeed elsewhere but when they get here they're inept?

Modrak, Fairchild, Mularkey, Donahoe, etc...

It starts all the way at the top and unfortunately it looks like we need to catch lightning in a bottle to put together a run. It's been that way since the franchises' inception.

justasportsfan
06-06-2009, 07:09 AM
Why is that guys can succeed elsewhere but when they get here they're inept?

Modrak, Fairchild, Mularkey, Donahoe, etc...

It starts all the way at the top and unfortunately it looks like we need to catch lightning in a bottle to put together a run. It's been that way since the franchises' inception.
you list mularkey who at least made 9-7 but not dick? Mularkey never went 0-6 in the division while Dick went 0-6 in his 3rd. Not trying to defend Mularkey but you're obviously trying to defend Dick .