X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SABuffalo786
    • Feb 2003

New Stadium Rumblings?

It's all hearsay but it's a potentially good sign admist all the Toronto doom & gloom:

Western New York’s number one source for daily sports talk and play-by-play as the flagship station of the Bills and Sabres. Stream, read and download WGR 550 AM from any device on Audacy
    "Do me a favor, say a prayer for brother Timmy. And tip a cold one. Go Bills." - Tom Brokaw

We are the Rockpile
    We are the Rockpile
    We are the Rockpile
    BUFF-A-LO
  • hydro
    • Oct 2005

Re: New Stadium Rumblings?

Don't we hear this crap EVERY freaking off-season? Boy has cried wolf way too much with this stuff. They are going to have to have a shovel in the dirt before I get excited about anything dealing with a new stadium for the Bills.
    BERNIAC!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

GET IT DONE.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

I don't want a new stadium.

Ever hear all the complaints about the new SOTA ("state of the art") stadiums?

Sure, they have great video replays and ribbon bars and fancier food and full bars, but only yuppie bastards who don't really care about the game can afford the close seats. The hardcore fans are relegated to the cheap seats, which means it's not as loud near the field. Read this article from Bill Simmons:

In the era of state-of-the-art stadiums, Bill Simmons has discovered that home-field advantage isn't what it used to be.

Plus, while a downtown stadium would probably be good for the city itself, it would ruin the best tailgating atmosphere in the NFL. Go to a game in Baltimore, or talk to someone who went to the Toronto "home" game, if you want to see what I mean.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

I agree, OP. I like the Ralph just fine, but from a city/waterfront development standpoint, a dowtown stadium would make sense. Especially if some of the Obama stimulus money were to be made available.

But I'd just as soon they keep the Ralph, and continue to make upgrades to it.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

I think Dallas' TV alone is worth more than the entire Ralphy stadium .
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
              I don't want a new stadium.

Ever hear all the complaints about the new SOTA ("state of the art") stadiums?

Sure, they have great video replays and ribbon bars and fancier food and full bars, but only yuppie bastards who don't really care about the game can afford the close seats. The hardcore fans are relegated to the cheap seats, which means it's not as loud near the field. Read this article from Bill Simmons:

In the era of state-of-the-art stadiums, Bill Simmons has discovered that home-field advantage isn't what it used to be.

Plus, while a downtown stadium would probably be good for the city itself, it would ruin the best tailgating atmosphere in the NFL. Go to a game in Baltimore, or talk to someone who went to the Toronto "home" game, if you want to see what I mean.
              Sure the Ralph is fine but if a new stadium ensures them staying I could care less about the tailgaiting.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                Sure the Ralph is fine but if a new stadium ensures them staying I could care less about the tailgaiting.
                good point.
                sacrifice1

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

I'll agree with you on that.

A good tailgating spot with no games to tailgate for is useless.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    I'll agree with you on that.

A good tailgating spot with no games to tailgate for is useless.
                    Yep! I know it wouldn't be nearly as good tailgaiting but I have been to Sabres playoff games where tailgaiting was just as good really.

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                      • Feb 2009

Don't we hear this crap EVERY freaking off-season? Boy has cried wolf way too much with this stuff. They are going to have to have a shovel in the dirt before I get excited about anything dealing with a new stadium for the Bills.
                      No man it's the opposite, every offseason it's talk of the team leaving, not building a new stadium.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Yep! I know it wouldn't be nearly as good tailgaiting but I have been to Sabres playoff games where tailgaiting was just as good really.
                        yeah, it's not the area that makes the taligate, it's the fans
                        sacrifice1

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                          • Feb 2009

This is Buffalo, as long as they have parking there will be tailgating. I read on WBEN that the site would be the Perry Projects, they would demolish them and put the stadium there. That would be a good spot, have a view from the field overlooking the sky and HSBC.

Comment

• ddaryl
                            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                            • Jan 2005

They should clear up the area just north of the wind mills for the stadium. That whole area would look alot better with a state of the art venue then what it is now.

Then put in light rail that heads north and south and encircles the city to keep auto traffic down.

It would only cost 20 billion but could anyone think of a better way to use over taxed NYS taxpayers money

Comment

• HAMMER
                              I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                              • Jul 2003

If you build it we will come, tailgating is football, they will not build a stadium where fans can't tailgate in Buffalo. This is not Canadia.

Comment

Working...
                              X