X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TypicalBill
    • Sep 2002

great article on Sam Aiken...

Sam Aiken doesn't say much, but he doesn't have to. Most of his personality is evident in the way he wears his uniform.

CLICK for the article.

I really like the guy, sounds like a winner to me.
    For the latest Bills news, visit the front page www.billszone.com
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

I actually noticed him doing that during his post draft interview with WNSA. You have to love a guy that understands that this is a team sport.

Comment

• Travis Hunter
      • Jul 2002

Excellent link.
      TD nabbed another character player. I'll be in this guys corner. It should be interesting to see what he does.
      Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• lordofgun
        in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Sounds like a good guy. I hope he can play!

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

good article.
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• wbat27
            • Apr 2003

This is the guy you want on your football team. That was a good article thanks for the link. GO SAM

Comment

• TigerJ
              • Jul 2002

Wow! Long article isn't it. Sounds like a good guy. I notice it said he was timed at 4.5. I know in the post season his time has usually been listed at around 4.62 which is pretty slow for a WR. Maybe Willis McGahee can get him to adopt his training regimen for increasing his leg strength and speed. McGahee (when healthy) reportedly pulls pickup trucks. Supposedly McGahee dropped his 40 time down to 4.28, and is showed in his running. Lack of speed is Aiken's main drawback. If he could drop his 40 time into the 4.4 range, he'd bee that much more dangerous.
              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• venis2k1
                Youboty can hope
                • Jul 2002

This guy can be a great #3 WR in a year or two. He has good size, and good hands. a 40 inch vertical helps too. Too bad he is a slow as a snail.

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

i really dont think eric moulds is a 4.4 runner. i think their are tons of guys that have been good receivers that have run in the 4.5 range.. he obviously has football speed.

i just dont think that every WR in the nfl runs a 4.4 or below. moulds, owens, conway, troy brown, chambers.. none of those guys are sub 4.4 guys.. i just dont see one tenth of a second being a big deal.. either he gets open or not.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• HenryRules
                    • Jul 2002

I agree T. Unless you have blazing speed, which can give you a psychological edge over the DB, I don't think speed really makes a big difference. As soon as the DB can move fast enough to keep up with you, I think your route-running is what gets you open.
                    I never watched Aiken play, but I hope he runs routes as well as advertised.

Comment

• Travis Hunter
                      • Jul 2002

I forget which coach it was, but they brought up Jerry Rice. Jerry Rice didn't have the real fast 40 time, but you never saw anyone catch him once he broke open. A lot of the real speed issues are related to quickness. Andre Reed was another good example.
                      I still think we could use a burner just to keep the defense honest, but having a low 40 time isn't everything.
                      Last edited by Turf; 05-20-2003, 07:48 AM.
                      Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• TypicalBill
                        • Sep 2002

i read somewhere that Jerry Rice ran a 4.6 in his combine..ill try to get a link.

BTW, Aiken was named MVP of the Senior Bowl.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                          Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Aiken this year = Josh Reed last year.

Comment

• lordofgun
                            in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

That article was average to good.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• TypicalBill
                              • Sep 2002

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍