• Show
Clear All
  • T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

Pisa was told the job was his

According to PFT

Tinoisamoa: “I Know I Have To Earn My Job”
    Posted by Aaron Wilson on June 5, 2009, 2:37 p.m.

Chicago Bears newly-minted linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa is due to be paid $1 million this season under his one-year contract, according to Vaughn McClure of the Chicago Tribune.

Tinoisamoa, who was scheduled to make $3.25 million with the St. Louis Rams in 2009 before he was cut from the roster during the offseason, is slated to compete with Nick Roach and Hunter Hillenmeyer for the starting job.

For now, Roach is atop the depth chart.

Tinoisamoa is glad for a change of scenery after winning just five games in the past two seasons. And he doesn’t seem to mind that he has to earn a starting position.

“Just the chance to be on a winning team is worth it to me,” Tinoisamoa said this week, according to Brad Biggs of the Chicago Sun-Times. “I’ve been fortunate to get paid in this league, and that was good, but I still had to go home a loser. I’d give all the money back if I could win again. …

There was opportunity to go to other teams, but it was like, ‘We’re going to give you the job.’ And for me, that was awkward because I know there were guys who had been working since the end of last season, coming into this year and all the time they put in, and they felt like they were the starter. The fact that I have to come and earn a job, it definitely makes me more hungry because now I know I have to earn my job.”

Of course, it will be a surprise if Tinoisamoa doesn’t ultimately wind up in the starting lineup.

He led the Rams in tackles during four of his six NFL seasons, and he has a background with Bears coach Lovie Smith as well as defensive coordinator Bob Babich from their St. Louis days.
  • Dying_-2-_Live
    • Feb 2009

Re: Pisa was told the job was his

Lame excuse
    He should have just said he felt more comfortable with Chicago's defense
    "If you ain't first... You're last"

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

As Bruce once said, "Water under the dam." Or was it "Water over the bridge?"
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

I'm ****ing over it.

Is Pisa better than Ellison? Hell yes.
        Is he the next Ray Lewis? Hell no.

He would have helped our D but he wouldn't have made it dominant on his own. He's just not a big play guy. So, I would have liked to see him here, but at the end of the day, he won't be the difference between a good D and a bad D. We need Schobel, Maybin, Stroud, McKelvin, Poz and Whitner to step up big time, and that would still be true if Pisa was here.

So **** it- let him play for the Bears. And honestly, can you blame him? Would you rather play next to Poz and Mitchell or Urlacher and Briggs?
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mybills
          81 st zoner
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
          As Bruce once said, "Water under the dam." Or was it "Water over the bridge?"
          My Dad used to say, "Like water off a duck's back."
          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
            I'm ****ing over it.

Is Pisa better than Ellison? Hell yes.
            Is he the next Ray Lewis? Hell no.

He would have helped our D but he wouldn't have made it dominant on his own. He's just not a big play guy. So, I would have liked to see him here, but at the end of the day, he won't be the difference between a good D and a bad D. We need Schobel, Maybin, Stroud, McKelvin, Poz and Whitner to step up big time, and that would still be true if Pisa was here.

So **** it- let him play for the Bears. And honestly, can you blame him? Would you rather play next to Poz and Mitchell or Urlacher and Briggs?
            Poz and Mitch. There would be a lot more to keep you busy.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

It was a 50-50 gamble. Had we told him that he'd have to compete for the job, he could've easily been pissed off anyway.

What-the-f-ever.

Comment

• yordad
                • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                Poz and Mitch. There would be a lot more to keep you busy.
                And he would have a better chance of being a 3 down lb, boasting his next contract considerably. If he wanted competition (lame excuse) he would have been competing with Poz and Mitch for a nickle package.

What an ***.
                Last edited by yordad; 06-05-2009, 03:56 PM.
                "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Thurmal
                  • Oct 2005

Couldn't you translate his quote into = "Chicago offered me the most money."?
                  "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• seanbillsfan
                    • May 2007

I was never that excited about this guy anyways. He'll just fade away like most of the other free agents that we didnt sign

Comment

• yordad
                      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Thurmal
                      Couldn't you translate his quote into = "Chicago offered me the most money."?
                      One million per year? If that is the case, then it is even worst then him simply being an ***.
                      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Mudflap1
                        Next Question!
                        • Nov 2004

If the rumors off this board are true and the Bills offered in the $3 million range, and he would be a starter, why would he take $1 million and have to compete to be a starter? That makes no sense.

The Bills must have offered nothing, or the Bills must've been tragically uninspiring during the visit.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                          Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                          • Jun 2005

Or he is more comfortable working with his ex coaches and thinks thats his best opp for more money at FA

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                            Peterman Sucks!
                            • Mar 2006

Or he wants to play for a team that has a better chance of (gasp) actually winning some football games.

I know it's hard to fathom that but some players are interested in winning.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                              Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                              • Feb 2006

lol whatever, dude..

Comment

Working...
                              X