PDA

View Full Version : Warner warms up, puts heat on the ball

Gunzlingr
05-19-2003, 08:23 AM
He threw high, low, tall and short. Some passes arrived too early. Some too late. One went right to Ryan Pickett - not a desired destination because Pickett plays defensive tackle.

It was clear by Kurt Warner's body language that he wasn't having much fun Friday at Rams minicamp. He said his footwork was off and he felt uncomfortable throwing the ball.

"I guess when I'm used to playing at a certain level, it frustrates me to not be able to throw that way, even if it's the first day back," Warner said. "And even more than that, I made some bad decisions Friday just based on not seeing things very well. So that was as disappointing as anything."

Saturday morning brought more of the same in a steady rain at Rams Park. But things got better Saturday afternoon. And by early Sunday afternoon - in the fifth and final practice of the minicamp - it seemed like old times. Warner started hitting receivers in stride and had some zip - yes, zip - on the ball.

more (http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/Sports/Rams/F69384766A39714486256D2B000F1C87?OpenDocument&Headline=Warner+puts+a+little+heat+on+his+passes)