PDA

View Full Version : Individual tickets to Bucs, Saints and Browns are sold out

madness
06-08-2009, 11:31 AM
Per V-text.

OpIv37
06-08-2009, 11:35 AM
So, 3 of our 7* home games sold out already?

4 more sellouts and Jauron sticks around for another year.

*=I don't care what the team or the NFL says, Toronto is NOT a home game.

THATHURMANATOR
06-08-2009, 11:36 AM
Overreacting as always Op.... :ill:

OpIv37
06-08-2009, 11:39 AM

if you are Ralph and you can make the same amount of money with a POS team or with a good team, where's the motivation to put a good team on the field? They keep giving us a POS team and we keep buying tickets and merch out of fear that they will move the team if we don't. That's why nothing ever changes.

Patrick76777
06-08-2009, 11:40 AM

When life gives Op Lemons........... he squeezes them into his eyes!

THATHURMANATOR
06-08-2009, 11:40 AM
When life gives Op Lemons........... he squeezes them into his eyes!
Yep.... :doh:

THATHURMANATOR
06-08-2009, 11:41 AM
if you are Ralph and you can make the same amount of money with a POS team or with a good team, where's the motivation to put a good team on the field? They keep giving us a POS team and we keep buying tickets and merch out of fear that they will move the team if we don't. That's why nothing ever changes.
huh?

Dr. Lecter
06-08-2009, 11:44 AM

Except selling out the games is not all that profitable and does not make the team that much money. So sellouts are a moot point.

Other than that, you make a good point.

Ebenezer
06-08-2009, 11:44 AM
1. So we should boycott the team. Then when RW dies the new owner has reason to move the team claiming lack of fan support.

2. Op, you are one of the former WNYers who constantly gripes about this team and area yet you have no formal connections to the area any more. I think I have also seen you complain about the lack of things to do around here. These games are very important to the people who still live here. Some organize their fall Sundays around them. Give it a rest...or go root for Washington or Baltimore.

THATHURMANATOR
06-08-2009, 11:47 AM
1. So we should boycott the team. Then when RW dies the new owner has reason to move the team claiming lack of fan support.

2. Op, you are one of the former WNYers who constantly gripes about this team and area yet you have no formal connections to the area any more. I think I have also seen you complain about the lack of things to do around here. These games are very important to the people who still live here. Some organize their fall Sundays around them. Give it a rest...or go root for Washington or Baltimore.
:bf1:

Night Train
06-08-2009, 11:49 AM
Stupid fans.

If only they were as wise as some of the internet legends here (sarcasm)

OpIv37
06-08-2009, 11:58 AM
Except selling out the games is not all that profitable and does not make the team that much money. So sellouts are a moot point.

Other than that, you make a good point.

except selling out games proves the fans are still behind the team.

OpIv37
06-08-2009, 12:00 PM

1. They have us by the balls. Buy tickets- they use it as evidence of fan support and don't fix anything. Don't buy tickets- they move the team. It's lose-lose for the fans.

2. I gripe because I want the team to win. Where I live now has absolutely no bearing on that fact.

Dr. Lecter
06-08-2009, 12:01 PM
1. They have us by the balls. Buy tickets- they use it as evidence of fan support and don't fix anything. Don't buy tickets- they move the team. It's lose-lose for the fans.

2. I gripe because I want the team to win. Where I live now has absolutely no bearing on that fact.

2. When you gripe at the locals for buying the tickets, where you live absolutely has a bearing on it.

OpIv37
06-08-2009, 12:05 PM
2. When you gripe at the locals for buying the tickets, where you live absolutely has a bearing on it.

I griped about everyone who bought tickets. I don't recall singling out the locals. In case you forgot, some of us do travel for games.

madness
06-08-2009, 12:06 PM
except selling out games proves the fans are still behind the team.

How many games do you plan on watching this year?

OpIv37
06-08-2009, 12:07 PM
How many games do you plan on watching this year?

I'll watch all of them.

I may go to one because I'll be in town for another reason, but it's probably just a waste of money at this point.

Dr. Lecter
06-08-2009, 12:12 PM
I'll watch all of them.

I may go to one because I'll be in town for another reason, but it's probably just a waste of money at this point.

Then don't go.

Calling it a waste of money at this point is dumb and asinine.

It is comments like that from you that make some look past the good and intelligent points you make in your criticism.

And don't order the Sunday Ticket either.

As for you not directly criticizing locals, let's be honest - 90%+ of those sales are for locals.

THATHURMANATOR
06-08-2009, 12:13 PM
I'll watch all of them.

It is never a waste of money to go to a Bills game....

OpIv37
06-08-2009, 12:18 PM
Then don't go.

Calling it a waste of money at this point is dumb and asinine.

It is comments like that from you that make some look past the good and intelligent points you make in your criticism.

And don't order the Sunday Ticket either.

As for you not directly criticizing locals, let's be honest - 90%+ of those sales are for locals.

I'm not criticizing anyone because of where they live. I'm criticizing them for their actions. You're trying to turn this into some discussion about who lives where when it has nothing to do with that. Of course 90% of ticket sales for a sports teams come from locals. That has nothing to do with this discussion.

And I'm seriously tempted to save my money and not get Sunday Ticket, but I'll end up doing it anyway. When the Bills are on and I'm not watching the game, I can't focus on anything except the game. It's really quite miserable. So it's not really a realistic option for me.

THATHURMANATOR
06-08-2009, 12:20 PM
I'm not criticizing anyone because of where they live. I'm criticizing them for their actions. You're trying to turn this into some discussion about who lives where when it has nothing to do with that. Of course 90% of ticket sales for a sports teams come from locals. That has nothing to do with this discussion.

And I'm seriously tempted to save my money and not get Sunday Ticket, but I'll end up doing it anyway. When the Bills are on and I'm not watching the game, I can't focus on anything except the game. It's really quite miserable. So it's not really a realistic option for me.
Don't Threaten us. Jump back off the bandwagon already.

BAM
06-08-2009, 12:26 PM
Well, thank God for Stubhub I guess.

OpIv37
06-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Don't Threaten us. Jump back off the bandwagon already.

I'd like to but I can't. Ever play poker? I'm pot committed.

You know, I used to hate on all the people who turned their back on this team and jumped off the band wagon. But I've reached a point where I completely understand. Everyone roots for their team hoping they'll eventually get it right and win the big one, or at least win a playoff game or two for the victory and the excitement. But this organization is so poorly run that there doesn't seem to be a light at the end of the tunnel anymore. Those elusive big wins just seem to get further and further away. It's so hard to root for this team when there are so few reasons for hope. Nothing will ever change as long as asses are in the seats and Ralph's bottom line is well into the black.

Unfortunately, I committed to this team a long time ago and I've spent far too much time, money and energy following them to give up now. So, I'm in it til the bitter end- I'll hold on to my completely irrational hope until I either die or the team moves.

OpIv37
06-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Well, thank God for Stubhub I guess.

nothing is ever sold out. It's just a matter of how much you're willing to pay to get in. Thank you, Internet.

Dr. Pepper
06-08-2009, 12:33 PM

if you think anyone in the Bills organization doesn't want to win, you're delusional.

OpIv37
06-08-2009, 12:36 PM
if you think anyone in the Bills organization doesn't want to win, you're delusional.

I think they want to win, provided they can win for X amount of dollars or less. Obviously, they can't win with that self-imposed constraint, but they don't care because we, the fans, act like we don't care and continue to buy tickets and merch.

Dr. Pepper
06-08-2009, 12:40 PM
I think they want to win, provided they can win for X amount of dollars or less. Obviously, they can't win with that self-imposed constraint, but they don't care because we, the fans, act like we don't care and continue to buy tickets and merch.

yeah and there lies the old catch 22. spend $ to support a losing team, or dont spend $ and watch them leave for greener pastures.

OpIv37
06-08-2009, 12:41 PM
yeah and there lies the old catch 22. spend $ to support a losing team, or dont spend $ and watch them leave for greener pastures.

they really do have us by the sack and there isn't anything we can do about it.

THATHURMANATOR
06-08-2009, 12:47 PM
I'd like to but I can't. Ever play poker? I'm pot committed.

You know, I used to hate on all the people who turned their back on this team and jumped off the band wagon. But I've reached a point where I completely understand. Everyone roots for their team hoping they'll eventually get it right and win the big one, or at least win a playoff game or two for the victory and the excitement. But this organization is so poorly run that there doesn't seem to be a light at the end of the tunnel anymore. Those elusive big wins just seem to get further and further away. It's so hard to root for this team when there are so few reasons for hope. Nothing will ever change as long as asses are in the seats and Ralph's bottom line is well into the black.

Unfortunately, I committed to this team a long time ago and I've spent far too much time, money and energy following them to give up now. So, I'm in it til the bitter end- I'll hold on to my completely irrational hope until I either die or the team moves.

I would never understand a bandwagon Jumper. It isn't in my DNA....

THATHURMANATOR
06-08-2009, 12:48 PM
Again it must be explained that win or lose they are still the 7-8 most fun Sundays of the year.

OpIv37
06-08-2009, 01:07 PM
Again it must be explained that win or lose they are still the 7-8 most fun Sundays of the year.

Before the game is fun, win or lose.

After the game is fun if they win, miserable if they lose, and they've been doing far too much losing lately.

BAM
06-08-2009, 01:09 PM
Thank you, Internet.

Actually... thank you, scalpers. Originally...

OpIv37
06-08-2009, 01:11 PM
Actually... thank you, scalpers. Originally...

yeah but before the Internet, buying from scalpers was a risky proposition. You never knew how many tickets would be available or how much you'd have to pay until you got there, and you always had the risk of getting ripped off.

On the Internet, you can overpay for your tickets well in advance of the event. It's great!

madness
06-08-2009, 01:57 PM
Bills 1st three home games sold out (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/06/08/bills-1st-three-home-games-sold-out/)

By Chris Brown - Posted June 8th, 2009
The Bills announced today that individual game tickets for their first three home games are sold out. That means the Tampa Bay game (Sept. 20), the New Orleans game (Sept. 27) and the Browns game (Oct. 11) will be full houses at the Ralph this fall.
As part of the Bills season ticket holder benefits program, season ticket holders had the opportunity to purchase group tickets on Saturday and individual game tickets last Thursday and Friday.
Season tickets are still available for purchase which includes tickets to all nine home games at Ralph Wilson Stadium. Fans interested in purchasing season tickets can log onto buffalobills.com, call 1-877-BB-TICKS, email ticketsales@bills.nfl.net (ticketsales@bills.nfl.net), or visit the Ralph Wilson Stadium Box Office. Season ticket prices start at $270.00.
Over the weekend the Bills also surpassed 52,000 season tickets for the upcoming season. This is the first time since 1992 (57,132) and 1993 (53,004) that the Bills have had consecutive seasons of over 52,000 season tickets sold, and the credit goes to the loyal Bills fans of course. Bravo folks. The current total of 52,134 ranks as the sixth highest season ticket total in Bills history.

Dr. Pepper
06-08-2009, 02:49 PM

see i had this argument with my friend the other day. it's fun for the first half of the season. by the time the cold weather hits, the Bills are always out of the playoffs and the games that should be the most fun (november, december) lose their luster because we arent playing for anything. the cold is a lot colder when you're watching a team with no hope of a post season. so IMO theyre the 3-4 most fun sundays of the year, followed by a few cold sundays of hopelessness and tailgating.

THATHURMANATOR
06-08-2009, 03:37 PM
see i had this argument with my friend the other day. it's fun for the first half of the season. by the time the cold weather hits, the Bills are always out of the playoffs and the games that should be the most fun (november, december) lose their luster because we arent playing for anything. the cold is a lot colder when you're watching a team with no hope of a post season. so IMO theyre the 3-4 most fun sundays of the year, followed by a few cold sundays of hopelessness and tailgating.
Then Don't go but don't tell me I don't have a great time at every game. There is no argument there.

Dr. Pepper
06-08-2009, 10:13 PM
Then Don't go but don't tell me I don't have a great time at every game. There is no argument there.

i never questioned how much fun you have at the games. thats great you can still enjoy them so much in december when we're 6-7, or 5-8, or whatever.... i wish i could as well.