X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloBillsStampede
    • Aug 2005

Monday nighter in New England

Anyone else going? I think some buddies and I are making the trip. For people that have been there before how is the standing room only? I don't really want to break the bank for tickets, and they have standing room onnly for about 60 bucks.
    SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Monday nighter in New England

why would you put yourself through that hell?

If we lose, and we probably will, you'll be taking tons of **** from drunk, obnoxious Patriots fans.

If we win, by some miracle, the Pats fans will just talk about how the Pats have owned us for the last 11 games and you'll STILL be taking tons of ****.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

Gillette is an awesome stadium and now they Have Patriot Place which is basically an event all in itself.

Standing room for $60 at Gillette is a steal, they are typically 110.

Although it costs $40 bucks to park... FYI.
      Last edited by The King; 06-08-2009, 03:30 PM.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• The King
        • Jun 2004

Dont listen to Op I have been to several games there with nothing more than a sarcastic ribbing.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• Mudflap1
          Next Question!
          • Nov 2004

Actually, from my experience, Patriots fans don't hate Bills fans. They don't think of us necessarily as doormats either. It's more like the "little engine that is trying". They respect the blue collar nature of Bills fans, and don't take Bills games for granted because they feel, while undertalented, the Bills usually give a good effort.

Whether that is accurate or not is another story. But that's been my experience.

As an aside, I am from Philadelphia originally and have attended many Eagles games. If you are a visiting fan at an Eagles home game, that is a totally different story.
          Last edited by Mudflap1; 06-08-2009, 03:34 PM.

Comment

• The King
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Mudflap1
            Actually, from my experience, Patriots fans don't hate Bills fans. They don't think of us necessarily as doormats either. It's more like the "little engine that is trying". They respect the blue collar nature of Bills fans, and don't take Bills games for granted because they feel, while undertalented, the Bills usually give a good effort.
            Basically its dont act like a dick and you wont be treated like one. Although they do consider us a doormat.
            It was all

Comment

• BuffaloBillsStampede
              • Aug 2005

Awesome. Thanks for nothing OP!
              SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• Mudflap1
                Next Question!
                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by MBBedard
                Basically its dont act like a dick and you wont be treated like one. Although they do consider us a doormat.
                Well, we are. It is just that the people I've talked to don't really rub it in.

Comment

• The King
                  • Jun 2004

I get it a lot, but its to be expected since we haven't actually earned respect in over a decade. So it is what it is.
                  It was all

Comment

• jamze132
                    Don’t hate…
                    • Jun 2003

I have a hard time believing that any NFL team doesn't think we're a floor mat.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                      • Jun 2005

Dont listen to OP. The place is nice and its a good time. That is cheap for tix and are good. Parking is the killer. Yea they can rib you but what away fans dont get ribbed at any stadium

Comment

• JD
                        Sabres Zone
                        • Sep 2003

Just park miles away and walk it! Haha. I'd be down to go if I knew some people with balls to make the trip.
                        “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                          The Voice of Reason
                          • Jul 2007

I'm going. Thing is, I'm going with about 7 friends and one used to be the nations 14th ranked wrestler... I'm sorta not worried.

Also, NE fans are the most bandwagon alive next to Pittsburgh fans, so it's semi what Op said, but not with the talking ****, they'll either rub it in or they'll not care with a loss.
                          Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Ed
                            • Sep 2002

I'll be there. A friend of my dad has season tickets and invited us. I've only been to Gillette stadium once, for the Bills game a couple years ago where Trent saw his first action after Losman took a Wilfork cheap shot to the knee.

I don't know about the standing room since I was in the lower level, but I'm pretty sure there isn't a bad spot in the whole stadium.

As for being surrounded by Pats fans, I really didn't get ***** from anyone. Sad part is that people seemed to just feel more sorry for me then anything. They'd say things like "Hey, at least your punter is really good."

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                              Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                              • Jun 2005

And by the way I will also be there. Friend of mine is a Pats fan and got us tickets. Cant wait

Comment

Working...
                              X