PDA

View Full Version : Russ is getting it done!

X-Era
06-08-2009, 06:43 PM
If the job is making money and not in making the playoffs!

Too bad the fans suffer... but they appear to lose and then come back for more.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/06/08/bills-1st-three-home-games-sold-out/

SABURZFAN
06-08-2009, 07:23 PM
it's like being married. you love your wife (the Bills) but you tolerate the mother-in-law (losing).

acehole
06-08-2009, 08:26 PM
it's like being married. you love your wife (the Bills) but you tolerate the mother-in-law (losing).

this guy

:afro:
tolerates yer mom.

christhebillsfan783
06-08-2009, 08:52 PM

I've always thought of it as an abusive relationship. You know what's coming but you can't leave and you can't stay away because you don't know any different. Also because you go back every time after you say your done but you know you will be back hoping it will change but it won't, you still end up with a black eye and broken heart at the end of the season.

realdealryan
06-08-2009, 09:01 PM
It's still more fun to head to Buffalo for the home opener than to jump on, say, the Colts bandwagon. I don't know what to do.

I feel like a dumb lady on COPS who never presses charges because "he loves me".

jimbohastle51
06-09-2009, 11:59 AM
i have to say he let our only upgrade at pass rush be a rookie DE that cant even play every down, and hasnt looked good in OTA's so far and no outside LB'r. we really didnt improve our defense at all, in fact we may be alittle worse since loosing greer. i am not going to say ANY rookie is an upgrade before they have played a down in a regualar season game because it is ignorant to say.

X-Era
06-09-2009, 06:46 PM
i have to say he let our only upgrade at pass rush be a rookie DE that cant even play every down, and hasnt looked good in OTA's so far and no outside LB'r. we really didnt improve our defense at all, in fact we may be alittle worse since loosing greer. i am not going to say ANY rookie is an upgrade before they have played a down in a regualar season game because it is ignorant to say.

Id like to give the benefit of the doubt, but this team has been mediocre for far too long.

Going into the season many of us said they needed significant upgrades at many positions.

We got worse at most, probable push at a few, and an upgrade at only one.

To me, on paper, we are at best the same overall as last year.

Details:

1) Peters gone, Walker to LT- at best push
2) Dockery gone, Wood at LG- worse to a push to start maybe better by years end... equals out to a push for this year.
3) Fowler gone, Hangartner at C- probably a bit better but isnt a stud yet either
4) Butler out at RG, Levitre/Chambers in- Butler was one of our best OL last year so this is a downgrade early that could end up being a push
5) Walker out at RT, Butler in- Walker was solid at RT, Butler will be a downgrade early but could end up being a push
6) Royal out at TE, Fine/Schoo/Nelson in- probable puch early considering how average Royal was that may end up being an upgrade
7) Reed out at #2 WR, TO in- significant upgrade
8) Maybin added to pass rush- will struggle early, push to Denney who stepped up last year, may step up by years end and turn out to be an upgrade
9) Crowell out at OLB, no replacement- Ellison has tsunk for years and we are stuck with him again because the backups are all green. Dowgrade actually
10) Greer gone, McLovin in- he developed late so Im saying a push to start that could be a upgrade

I loved our draft class and liked every pick, but these guys are rookies and may take years to develop. They cant be counted on to make a team better year one... Yet thats exactly what we did.

This team was supposed to make a playoff push this year... I dont see it at this point but I hope for some real fast learning from the rooks.

SABURZFAN
06-09-2009, 09:03 PM
this guy

:afro:
tolerates yer mom.

that guy rests his nuts on your chin. :z:

acehole
06-10-2009, 08:19 AM
that guy rests his nuts on your chin. :z:

Yer mom.

SABURZFAN
06-10-2009, 08:32 AM
THAT GUY RESTS HIS NUTS ON YOUR CHIN!!!!!!!!!!!

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

HHURRICANE
06-10-2009, 10:46 AM
I am totally convinced of one thing. The Bills probably make more selling out at 7-9 than they would at building a team that would be 13-3.

justasportsfan
06-10-2009, 10:52 AM
I am totally convinced of one thing. The Bills probably make more selling out at 7-9 than they would at building a team that would be 13-3.

thats stupid.

OpIv37
06-10-2009, 11:07 AM
thats stupid.

impossible to prove but not entirely unfounded.

Check this out: http://www.coacheshotseat.com/SalariesNFLCoaches.htm

The lowest paid guy on that list that I would consider a proven winner is Andy Reid, who makes $2 million more a season than Jauron, to say nothing of assistant coaches and coordinators. And most likely a higher payroll.

The Bills already sold out their entire season after a 7-9 season, so the only additional ticket/concessions revenue would come from a home playoff game or two. TV revenues are already shared, so a playoff game wouldn't count in that sense.

Merch sales would likely go up, but by how much is debatable.

It's not unreasonable to think the team would have to spend an extra $10 million to have the coaches and personnel to go 13-3. Making that up in merch sales and 1 or 2 home playoff games is unlikely.