X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Can anyone explain why this board...

Can anyone explain why this board is so "pumped" when the consensus is that the this team is no better than 6-9 wins?

Not one person has predicted playoffs and why.

But this is the same board that will get mad when people make fair asssesments of our o-line or OLB stituation.

So this board is okay with mediocirty and that's what we are getting excited about?

Where is the winning attitude?
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: Can anyone explain why this board...

Nobody is OK with mediocrity.

God, I hate when people say that. It is annoying as hell.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
      • Feb 2005

I'm predicting 5 wins, actually.

Comment

• DBrown77
        Watching the Bills suck since 1999
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
        Can anyone explain why this board is so "pumped" when the consensus is that the this team is no better than 6-9 wins?

But this is the same board that will get mad when people make fair asssesments of our o-line or OLB stituation.

So this board is okay with mediocirty and that's what we are getting excited about?

whats wrong with being excited for the upcoming season? That"s why we are called "fans"

Plus everyone thinks their team is going to do big things in June

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

We're fans. Part of the fun of being a fan is believing (or at least hoping) that your team can turn it around, catch lightning in a bottle, go from worst to first, outhouse to penthouse, etc.

Fans can suspend logic this time of year and dream that we can be this year's version of the Arizona Cardinals or Miami Dolphins.

If you can't imagine the Bills being a contender, even in the face of evidence to the contrary, what's the fun of being a fan?
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Of course we all want and hope that this is the year when the Bills finally surprise people and play well. The difference is that some of us are able to separate hope from expectations.

Given all the problems we had last year, and the way they were addressed (ie, they either weren't addressed at all or were addressed with rookies who aren't ready), it's not reasonable to expect good things to happen.

It would be more fun to suspend logic and go "WWWHHHHOOOOO! Everyone's 0-0! Bills rule! Pats Suck! 16-0! Super bowl baby!" but I just can't do it. Sometimes ignorance really is bliss.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

go to a pats mb. they are predicting playoffs there.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• djjimkelly
                • Apr 2003

all they would have had to do was switch coaching staffs and i would have been drinking the kool aid again

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                  Zero for Zero!
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  Of course we all want and hope that this is the year when the Bills finally surprise people and play well. The difference is that some of us are able to separate hope from expectations.

Given all the problems we had last year, and the way they were addressed (ie, they either weren't addressed at all or were addressed with rookies who aren't ready), it's not reasonable to expect good things to happen.

It would be more fun to suspend logic and go "WWWHHHHOOOOO! Everyone's 0-0! Bills rule! Pats Suck! 16-0! Super bowl baby!" but I just can't do it. Sometimes ignorance really is bliss.
                  I don't disagree with that assessment.

But the accepting mediocrity crap is the pessimists version of the optimist "you are not a Bills fan" line of crap.
                  Originally posted by mysticsoto
                  Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                    • Feb 2005

I am not overly optimistic with any team with such a poor coaching staff, and pro personnel
                    I am a fan however and i get excited at the very mention of Bills football
                    so i will continue to torcher myself
                    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                      • Apr 2005

can someone explain to me why some people have a mission to tear down people who dont constantly piss and moan about this team. why do people want other fans to constantly come down to their miserable world. we're not sitting here with blinders on, just always being miserable and discussing negative crap isnt a lot of peoples version of fun.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        I don't disagree with that assessment.

But the accepting mediocrity crap is the pessimists version of the optimist "you are not a Bills fan" line of crap.
                        sometimes, not always.

When people defend Donte Whitner or Dick Jauron or Aaron Schobel, it's really tough to say they're not defending mediocrity. Schobel hasn't lived up to expectations for years and Jauron and Whitner have never lived up to expectations.

When people talk about our great S/T, it wreaks of defending mediocrity, because those great S/T have come at the price of overall depth, which is one of many problems this team has had in recent years.

When people defend Tom Modrak without acknowledging the role he had in Donahoe's debacle years, it's defending mediocrity.

It is crap to apply the "accepting mediocrity" line universally to everyone who thinks the team will do well, but there are certainly times when it is very appropriate.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
                          can someone explain to me why some people have a mission to tear down people who dont constantly piss and moan about this team. why do people want other fans to constantly come down to their miserable world. we're not sitting here with blinders on, just always being miserable and discussing negative crap isnt a lot of peoples version of fun.
                          There's a flip side to this.

Can someone please explain to me why some people have a mission to make us feel good about a team that hasn't been good in over a decade? Why do people want other fans to constantly repeat the few positive things about this team but they get upset when others mention the very real deficiencies that this team has. Choosing not to discuss "negative crap" because it's not fun isn't a lot of people's ideas of a reasonable discussion.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
                            can someone explain to me why some people have a mission to tear down people who dont constantly piss and moan about this team. why do people want other fans to constantly come down to their miserable world. .
                            secereting a huge amount of Estrogen?
                            sacrifice1

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                              There's a flip side to this.

Can someone please explain to me why some people have a mission to make us feel good about a team that hasn't been good in over a decade? Why do people want other fans to constantly repeat the few positive things about this team but they get upset when others mention the very real deficiencies that this team has. Choosing not to discuss "negative crap" because it's not fun isn't a lot of people's ideas of a reasonable discussion.
                              I'm always excited about a new season. It's a new begining.
                              Last edited by justasportsfan; 06-09-2009, 09:17 AM.
                              sacrifice1

Comment

Working...
                              X