PDA

View Full Version : Sam Adams Destined to be a ........FAT SLOB!???

WCoastFin
05-19-2003, 11:05 AM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Seems to me hes approaching the Bills with a "you get what you paid for" attitude....

:lmao: he better have 2 oxygen tanks ready to go on the sideline when he faces Miami....

pmoon6
05-19-2003, 11:20 AM
I assume there's a reason why they call it "rumormill" This time in the offseason there's not much to talk about,so I don't put much credence in "reports".We'll see when preseason rolls around and we can see the players on the field.

mchurchfie
05-19-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by WCoastFin
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Seems to me hes approaching the Bills with a "you get what you paid for" attitude....

:lmao: he better have 2 oxygen tanks ready to go on the sideline when he faces Miami....

Which of course has all the credibility of a "Peace, Love, and Prosperity" self-help book marketed by Osama Bin Laden. :rolleyes: Good try WToast and thanks for playing, "I have nothing to look forward this year." :nana::church:

Ebenezer
05-19-2003, 11:27 AM
toast never learns...and each time church pounds him it's even funnier...

WCoastFin
05-19-2003, 11:32 AM
Although it is rumormill, no one can deny Sam Adams is just a leftover, hes got a Super Bowl ring already and he is a year older.......It wouldnt surprise me if this were true and he was doing this just to keep the good income coming in....

Tatonka
05-19-2003, 11:32 AM
an obvious sign that toast is worried.. bring a crap rumor from an "unnamed source" from a highly suspect site over to try and stir it up.. rofl..

toast knows wedding dress isnt gonna be the stud he was last year.

Ebenezer
05-19-2003, 11:37 AM
Although it is rumormill, no one can deny Sam Adams is just a leftover, hes got a Super Bowl ring already and he is a year older.......It wouldnt surprise me if this were true and he was doing this just to keep the good income coming in....

won't come as a surprise to me that Fiedler is average, Seau is over the hill and Thomas has lost 2 steps...

WCoastFin
05-19-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
an obvious sign that toast is worried.. bring a crap rumor from an "unnamed source" from a highly suspect site over to try and stir it up.. rofl..

toast knows wedding dress isnt gonna be the stud he was last year.

If you were part of the Bills oraganization and you seen how fat and slow he is and made a comment about it, Im sure youd wanna be an unamed source as well.....

Ebenezer
05-19-2003, 11:46 AM

If you were part of the Bills oraganization and you seen how fat and slow he is and made a comment about it, Im sure youd wanna be an unamed source as well.....

If I were a part of the Bills organization I'd be putting out as much disinformation as possible...I'd be doing my best Lou Holtz imitation in a minute...

...meanwhile, in Miami, Wanny is trying to beat back rumors started by an agent on a TV show about the starting QB situation...involving a guy not even on the team yet...

justasportsfan
05-19-2003, 11:55 AM
Funny how WCF changes his sig pic of his fat arms and then makes a comment on Sam Adams. :lol:

pmoon6
05-19-2003, 11:56 AM
Ted Washington was "fat" when he was in Buffalo.All he did was make the Probowl every year. When Adams has to get double teamed by Miami's center and guard,the rest of the front seven will be stuffing the holes.Maybe Ricky won't have anywhere to run.

Ebenezer
05-19-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by pmoon6
Ted Washington was "fat" when he was in Buffalo.All he did was make the Probowl every year. When Adams has to get double teamed by Miami's center and guard,the rest of the front seven will be stuffing the holes.Maybe Ricky won't have anywhere to run.

Sam Adams doesn't have to have 1 tackle this year...as long as he takes up 2 blockers on every play he has done his job, imo.

justasportsfan
05-19-2003, 12:04 PM
Don't we want Fiedler or Griese to scramble? I'd love to see them both pancaked by Pat and Sam or hit head on by Spikes. That would leave Sage to be their QB. Too bad they won't have a Lucas excuse this time.

TedMock
05-19-2003, 12:27 PM
Taking up blockers is exactly what Adam's job is. As far as that article is concerned, look who wrote it. I'm not saying this as a Bills fan either. Mike Florio's rumor mill column has always been crap regardless of the teams and players he writes about. I look at several sports sites and his column was one I added to my "do not read" list. He's rarely correct and his articles are written in a snotty, "I'm a punk, know it all who sat the bench in high school and never played beyond that", angry manner.

WCoastFin
05-19-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
Funny how WCF changes his sig pic of his fat arms and then makes a comment on Sam Adams. :lol:

I was asked kindly by a mod to remove it so there wouldnt be anymore idiotic off topic posts like these anymore but I guess either some people just dont learn or are just plain stuck on stupid....BTW, I put the pic up in the first place so you can check out the Tat, Not my arm..... :banned: :snicker2:

justasportsfan
05-19-2003, 12:34 PM

I was asked kindly by a mod to remove it so there wouldnt be anymore idiotic off topic posts like these anymore but I guess either some people just dont learn or are just plain stuck on stupid....BTW, I put the pic up in the first place so you can check out the Tat, Not my arm..... :banned: :snicker2:

:snicker:

Replace off topic posts with smack threads? BTW , what do you use you treadmill for? :jk:

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-19-2003, 12:49 PM
What's wrong with you, posting a rumor from profootballtalk.com. That is some 15 year old kid.

Romes
05-19-2003, 01:00 PM
and this is from a much more credible source.

Bills | Adams Looking to Trim Down
Sat, 17 May 2003 20:09:52 -0700

Allen Wilson, of the Buffalo News, reports for the Sporting News that Buffalo Bills DT Sam Adams appeared to be heavier than usual during the team's recent minicamp. Adams, however, moved like he was much trimmer than he actually is. He said he's determined to be in the 330-pound range this season.

Sounds to me like profootballtalk took a fact and twisted it out of context.

BillC
05-19-2003, 01:19 PM
Anyone who gets their news from ProFootballTalk.com basically rubber stamps "Idiot" across their forehead when it comes to NFL knowledge.

The Spaz
05-19-2003, 01:25 PM
People seem to forget that he signed a incentive laden contract which means if he don't produce he gets no cash! Go Bills!

TypicalBill
05-19-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
People seem to forget that he signed a incentive laden contract which means if he don't produce he gets no cash! Go Bills!

:attn: exactly... TD knows what he's doing. Sam is gonna work his :angry: off to get his paycheck.

mchurchfie
05-19-2003, 01:40 PM

I put the pic up in the first place so you can check out the Tat, Not my arm..... :banned: :snicker2:

You talking about this one......

http://mchurchfie.freeyellow.com/WCOAST%7E2.jpg

:lol::D:church:

PA Season Ticket Holder
05-19-2003, 01:42 PM
I like to go to profootballtalk. I find it entertaining.

justasportsfan
05-19-2003, 01:42 PM
:rofl: You don't mind if I use Chuchie's picture as my sig on FH, do you WCF?

Doc
05-19-2003, 01:54 PM
What's all the hubbub, bub? It's obvious this Florio guy saw the report on TSN or KFFL.com about Adams being heavier than usual (completely ignoring the part about moving like a man much smaller, mind you), and decided to run it by an "anonymous source" who is most likely a jealous rival AFC East FO type. IOW it means jack.

Stewie
05-19-2003, 05:03 PM
Lets not forget it's May. May people. May.

Turf
05-19-2003, 05:49 PM
mchurchfie...Good Work :fishfry:

Tatonka
05-19-2003, 05:53 PM
rofl church.

madness
05-19-2003, 06:53 PM
People who remain anonymous are cowards.

Ingtar33
05-19-2003, 06:54 PM
2002 3rd Oak : 90.8ypg
2001 22nd Oak : 124.3ypg(w/out Adams)

2002 13th Balt : 110.1ypg (w/out Adams)
2001 4th Balt : 88.2ypg (Adams was injured for 5games in this season)
2000 1st Balt : 60.6ypg

Run stopper extraordinaire is how this reads... I can't wait personally.