• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

Jarius Byrd

is he in buffalo or is he still dealing with getting his education squared away? i haven't heard anything on him and was wondering? if he's still gone, when is he reporting? anybody know?
    Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: Jarius Byrd

His schooling is not done and by NFL rules he is not allowed to attend any organized team activities until he is done.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

when is he done? it sucks that he's missing time.
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

I think I read the magic date is June 12th.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• SABURZFAN
          short bus extraordinaire
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
          I think I read the magic date is June 12th.

the sooner the better.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
            the sooner the better.
            You got it, particularly with the guy is making a position switch, even though CB to Safety is not the toughest move.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

I'll be surprised if he starts Week 1, but I won't be surprised if he ends up starting for Simpson/Scott later in the season.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                • Feb 2005

It is June 12th latest...

Not that it makes any difference... mini camp ends Thursday (6/11)

It’s happened before and as long as the league rule is in place it will continue to happen when OTAs begin for the Bills later today and for other NFL teams. Buffalo’s second-round draft choice Jairus Byrd will miss all of the team’s OTAs due to the final exam schedule at his university.

Final exams at the University of Oregon do not begin until June 8 and run through June 12. The NFL has a rule working in conjunction with the NCAA that states the following.
                “If final examinations at a player’s school conclude after May 16, the player may not participate in any activities other than the three-day minicamp until after the player’s final day of examinations.”

Buffalo’s OTAs run up until June 8 with their mandatory minicamp scheduled for June 9-11, meaning Byrd would miss all of the workouts between now and the mandatory minicamp. Naturally missing practice time is not sitting well with the second-round pick.

“I think just like anybody he’s a competitive individual, so he wants to be here when his team is here,” said Bills defensive backs coach George Catavolos. “But he has an obligation to get his degree. These are the way the rules are and you have to abide by them.”
                Last edited by Yasgur's Farm; 06-10-2009, 09:47 AM.

Comment

• TigerJ
                  • Jul 2002

He'll get some tutoring, but his real work will start at training camp. Fortunately, he's supposed to be a film room and study fanatic. He'll have the bookwork down so he can concentrate on the on field stuff come training camp.
                  I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• thenry20
                    • Jan 2004

NFL rules prohibit him from taking practice and unfortunately he won't be able to attend until Training Camp starts.

Comment

• Marvelous
                      • Feb 2004

Speaking o' Byrd,,,Have we signed any rooks yet guys? I just have no internet time anymore..
                      Last edited by Marvelous; 06-11-2009, 12:41 AM.
                      GO BILLS!!! NE
                      Magical Trevor

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                        • Feb 2005

No signings yet.

Comment

Working...
                        X