• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Score one for Kornheiser

He just said "I'm going to enjoy every moment of Rex Ryan's year and a half as coach of the Jets."

Of course he also dissed Jauron and said "He's been the coach for 2 years (sic) and no one even knows he's there." He has a point.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: Score one for Kornheiser

Does it really matter who the coach of the Jets is? They aren't going any where for a few years.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

their D is going to be damn good.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Nighthawk
        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
        their D is going to be damn good.
        Why exactly? Because they brought in Jim Leonard??? I just don't get the love affair with this team.

Comment

• The Jokeman
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Nighthawk
          Why exactly? Because they brought in Jim Leonard??? I just don't get the love affair with this team.
          They also brought in Bart Scott and there's belief that Rex Ryan is going to make Vernon Gholston into the player they thought they drafted last year. I'll say this about the Jets. It wouldn't shock me to see them to split the season series between the Bills but it also wouldn't shock me to see them go 5-11. As think we saw exceptions last year when rookie HC with rookie QBs when Atlanta and Baltimore were successful. Of course still think the Bills are still the 3rd best team in the division behind New England and Miami.
          Last edited by The Jokeman; 06-10-2009, 06:17 PM.

Comment

• Lexwhat
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Nighthawk
            Kris Jenkins now in his 2nd year with the Jets? He'll be scary.
            Bart Scott? Calvin Pace? Kerry Rhodes?
            David Harris and Darrell Revis are good young players.
            Vernon Gholston is an unknown.

Either way, they have a very solid defense (better than ours, certainly).

Offense is a question mark because of the QB and WR positions.
            Last edited by Lexwhat; 06-10-2009, 06:58 PM.

Comment

• Goobylal
              • Jan 2004

Tony Kornheiser is a slightly less annoying, though equally worthless, "regular guy" announcer for MNF. Or was. There's a reason he's now off the show. Relegated back to the "PTI," which jumped the shark years ago.

Comment

• Mudflap1
                Next Question!
                • Nov 2004

I think Sanchez is going to be a bust.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mudflap1
                  I think Sanchez is going to be a bust.
                  I hope so. F USC and F the Jets.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mudflap1
                    Next Question!
                    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    I hope so. F USC and F the Jets.
                    Exactly! I never understood the love affair with Carroll going back to the NFL. It's obvious which college coaches cheat... they are usually the pro coaches that stink. Pete Carroll, Bobby Petrino, Dennis Erickson, etc. Carroll will get busted eventually.

Regarding Sanchez, I saw most of his games. He sucked his sophomore year when he came in for Booty when Booty was injured. Last year, he was no better than Booty until the Rose Bowl, when he had a really good game. Of course, he also has the best team money can buy around him.
                    Last edited by Mudflap1; 06-10-2009, 07:37 PM.

Comment

• El Guapo
                      • May 2007

Exactly! I never understood the love affair with Carroll going back to the NFL. It's obvious which college coaches cheat... they are usually the pro coaches that stink. Pete Carroll, Bobby Petrino, Dennis Erickson, etc. Carroll will get busted eventually.
                      Don't forget Nick Satan at Alabama.
                      A Bills fan in Dixie. How did that happen?

Comment

• Mudflap1
                        Next Question!
                        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Eric E
                        Don't forget Nick Satan at Alabama.
                        Good one. And crossing over into basketball, Tim Floyd, John Calipari, and Jerry Tarkanian come to mind.

Comment

• TigerJ
                          • Jul 2002

Good defense or not, I think the Jets offense is going to be near the bottom of the league. It's tough to win games if you can't score.
                          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• psubills62
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Lexwhat
                            Kris Jenkins now in his 2nd year with the Jets? He'll be scary.
                            Bart Scott? Calvin Pace? Kerry Rhodes?
                            David Harris and Darrell Revis are good young players.
                            Vernon Gholston is an unknown.

Either way, they have a very solid defense (better than ours, certainly).

Offense is a question mark because of the QB and WR positions.
                            You mean the same Kris Jenkins whose play really fell off at the end of last year? Favre wasn't the only reason they lost games - Jenkins really fell apart. Not to mention it was one of his first years without any major injuries. I wouldn't expect that to happen again.

Pace is good. Scott is good, but he and Rhodes are not Suggs and Reed.

I think it's a little unreasonable to expect a new head coach to turn Gholston into a monster. Will he improve? Probably. Will Gholston be a big factor? No.

The Jets have a good defense, but not a great one. Not even close to making up for how bad their offense looks.
                            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• psubills62
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Sep 2008

Regarding Sanchez, I saw most of his games. He sucked his sophomore year when he came in for Booty when Booty was injured. Last year, he was no better than Booty until the Rose Bowl, when he had a really good game. Of course, he also has the best team money can buy around him.
                              Yeah, he dominated the Rose Bowl against my Lions. But I'll tell you what - anyone could have done what he did. Basically all he had to do was throw quick outs 5-6 times in a row, then throw one down the seam.

For some reason, PSU never pressed the receivers. They never stopped the outs at all. It was enough to drive me crazy. The reason Sanchez had good numbers in the Rose Bowl was because of how bad PSU's coverage was, not because he played that well.
                              "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                              - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

Working...
                              X