PDA

View Full Version : Score one for Kornheiser

OpIv37
06-10-2009, 05:26 PM
He just said "I'm going to enjoy every moment of Rex Ryan's year and a half as coach of the Jets."

Of course he also dissed Jauron and said "He's been the coach for 2 years (sic) and no one even knows he's there." He has a point.

Ebenezer
06-10-2009, 05:38 PM
Does it really matter who the coach of the Jets is? They aren't going any where for a few years.

OpIv37
06-10-2009, 05:39 PM
their D is going to be damn good.

Nighthawk
06-10-2009, 06:00 PM
their D is going to be damn good.

Why exactly? Because they brought in Jim Leonard??? I just don't get the love affair with this team.

The Jokeman
06-10-2009, 06:17 PM
Why exactly? Because they brought in Jim Leonard??? I just don't get the love affair with this team.
They also brought in Bart Scott and there's belief that Rex Ryan is going to make Vernon Gholston into the player they thought they drafted last year. I'll say this about the Jets. It wouldn't shock me to see them to split the season series between the Bills but it also wouldn't shock me to see them go 5-11. As think we saw exceptions last year when rookie HC with rookie QBs when Atlanta and Baltimore were successful. Of course still think the Bills are still the 3rd best team in the division behind New England and Miami.

Lexwhat
06-10-2009, 06:58 PM

Kris Jenkins now in his 2nd year with the Jets? He'll be scary.
Bart Scott? Calvin Pace? Kerry Rhodes?
David Harris and Darrell Revis are good young players.
Vernon Gholston is an unknown.

Either way, they have a very solid defense (better than ours, certainly).

Offense is a question mark because of the QB and WR positions.

Goobylal
06-10-2009, 07:07 PM
Tony Kornheiser is a slightly less annoying, though equally worthless, "regular guy" announcer for MNF. Or was. There's a reason he's now off the show. Relegated back to the "PTI," which jumped the shark years ago.

Mudflap1
06-10-2009, 07:24 PM
I think Sanchez is going to be a bust.

OpIv37
06-10-2009, 07:31 PM

I hope so. F USC and F the Jets.

Mudflap1
06-10-2009, 07:36 PM
I hope so. F USC and F the Jets.

Exactly! I never understood the love affair with Carroll going back to the NFL. It's obvious which college coaches cheat... they are usually the pro coaches that stink. Pete Carroll, Bobby Petrino, Dennis Erickson, etc. Carroll will get busted eventually.

Regarding Sanchez, I saw most of his games. He sucked his sophomore year when he came in for Booty when Booty was injured. Last year, he was no better than Booty until the Rose Bowl, when he had a really good game. Of course, he also has the best team money can buy around him.

El Guapo
06-10-2009, 08:20 PM
Exactly! I never understood the love affair with Carroll going back to the NFL. It's obvious which college coaches cheat... they are usually the pro coaches that stink. Pete Carroll, Bobby Petrino, Dennis Erickson, etc. Carroll will get busted eventually.

Don't forget Nick Satan at Alabama.

Mudflap1
06-10-2009, 08:23 PM
Don't forget Nick Satan at Alabama.

Good one. And crossing over into basketball, Tim Floyd, John Calipari, and Jerry Tarkanian come to mind.

TigerJ
06-10-2009, 08:41 PM
Good defense or not, I think the Jets offense is going to be near the bottom of the league. It's tough to win games if you can't score.

psubills62
06-10-2009, 10:05 PM
Kris Jenkins now in his 2nd year with the Jets? He'll be scary.
Bart Scott? Calvin Pace? Kerry Rhodes?
David Harris and Darrell Revis are good young players.
Vernon Gholston is an unknown.

Either way, they have a very solid defense (better than ours, certainly).

Offense is a question mark because of the QB and WR positions.

You mean the same Kris Jenkins whose play really fell off at the end of last year? Favre wasn't the only reason they lost games - Jenkins really fell apart. Not to mention it was one of his first years without any major injuries. I wouldn't expect that to happen again.

Pace is good. Scott is good, but he and Rhodes are not Suggs and Reed.

I think it's a little unreasonable to expect a new head coach to turn Gholston into a monster. Will he improve? Probably. Will Gholston be a big factor? No.

The Jets have a good defense, but not a great one. Not even close to making up for how bad their offense looks.

psubills62
06-10-2009, 10:08 PM

Regarding Sanchez, I saw most of his games. He sucked his sophomore year when he came in for Booty when Booty was injured. Last year, he was no better than Booty until the Rose Bowl, when he had a really good game. Of course, he also has the best team money can buy around him.

Yeah, he dominated the Rose Bowl against my Lions. But I'll tell you what - anyone could have done what he did. Basically all he had to do was throw quick outs 5-6 times in a row, then throw one down the seam.

For some reason, PSU never pressed the receivers. They never stopped the outs at all. It was enough to drive me crazy. The reason Sanchez had good numbers in the Rose Bowl was because of how bad PSU's coverage was, not because he played that well.

billogic99
06-10-2009, 10:51 PM
Does it really matter who the coach of the Jets is? They aren't going any where for a few years.

I remember the same thing was said about Sparano and the Dolphins last year. The Jets are a whole lot better now than the Dolphins were last year at this time.

ServoBillieves
06-11-2009, 12:11 AM

Boy that's the prediction of the year.

No offense, but who honestly sees Sanchez as the Jests savior? I know for a fact that he will be a bust. He's been thrown in to the spotlight way too fast and having only played one year in college to "prove" himself behind an incredible line with impressive receivers... Yeah, he's done for in NY.

You've read all of our minds by posting that. He will be BUST 101, Leaf style if you ask me.

billogic99
06-11-2009, 12:58 AM
Boy that's the prediction of the year.

No offense, but who honestly sees Sanchez as the Jests savior? I know for a fact that he will be a bust. He's been thrown in to the spotlight way too fast and having only played one year in college to "prove" himself behind an incredible line with impressive receivers... Yeah, he's done for in NY.

You've read all of our minds by posting that. He will be BUST 101, Leaf style if you ask me.

I didn't think Flacco or Ryan would make the playoffs as rookies, but they did. We have to stop thinking just because something is hard to do it can't be done. I hate the Jets as much as anyone, but after the things we saw last year, I ain't counting anyone out.

Lexwhat
06-11-2009, 01:02 AM
You mean the same Kris Jenkins whose play really fell off at the end of last year? Favre wasn't the only reason they lost games - Jenkins really fell apart. Not to mention it was one of his first years without any major injuries. I wouldn't expect that to happen again.

Pace is good. Scott is good, but he and Rhodes are not Suggs and Reed.

I think it's a little unreasonable to expect a new head coach to turn Gholston into a monster. Will he improve? Probably. Will Gholston be a big factor? No.

The Jets have a good defense, but not a great one. Not even close to making up for how bad their offense looks.

Well, let's not overstate things. Out of the 8 years Jenkins has been in the NFL, he's played in less than 16 games in only TWO of those seasons.

But I agree, he is injury prone. And actually, his effectiveness decreased last season because of a lingering injury that slowed him down (although that didn't stop him from smacking Duke Preston around like a *****).

I strongly disagree with you about Jenkins not being a huge factor for the Jets next season. He was a BEAST for most of the season. He dominated. I think you're making a very blind statement. On the same token, we could also say that Stroud's play declined significantly late in the season when compared to early in the season. Bottom line: Both Stroud and Jenkins are center-pieces of the Defense.

Anyways, as far as Pace / Scott / Rhodes / Harris / Revis go, they are good players (Harris is underrated). Comparing to Suggs / Reed is all besdies the point. At least on paper, they easily have a top-10 LB group.

You're right about Gholston. If you read my original post, I said he's a total unknown. Anything can happen with him. And I also agree with you about their Offense. WR and QB are huge question marks and will prevent them from being Super Bowl contenders.

The Juice Is Loose
06-11-2009, 01:06 AM
Didn't the jets trade rhodes to cleveland??

Lexwhat
06-11-2009, 01:20 AM
Didn't the jets trade rhodes to cleveland??

Safety Abram Elam.

http://www.clevelandleader.com/node/9844