PDA

View Full Version : Owens: It’s coming

Syderick
06-10-2009, 05:45 PM
Terrell Owens on how he's adjusting to the Bills offense:

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/698616.html

Cntrygal
06-11-2009, 08:43 AM
it appears there's an added side benefit..

Edwards said his chemistry with Owens has improved steadily during the three weeks of practices.

“He’s a communicator,” Edwards said of Owens. “He likes coming back to the huddle, he likes telling me what he saw and he likes asking me what I saw. That’s very important for a quarterback and wide receiver. Same thing, I feel like, is rubbing off on Lee (Evans). He’s been more in my ear about what he wants and what coverage he saw.”

Pinkerton Security
06-11-2009, 09:43 AM

Edwards said his chemistry with Owens has improved steadily during the three weeks of practices.

“He’s a communicator,” Edwards said of Owens. “He likes coming back to the huddle, he likes telling me what he saw and he likes asking me what I saw. That’s very important for a quarterback and wide receiver. Same thing, I feel like, is rubbing off on Lee (Evans). He’s been more in my ear about what he wants and what coverage he saw.”

this why I was excited to get one of the all-time great WR's on our team. I despise what he does off the field, but on the field his numbers speak for themselves. Oh god, if he can only keep from blowing his lid for one year...

jdbillsfan
06-11-2009, 10:00 AM
this why I was excited to get one of the all-time great WR's on our team. I despise what he does off the field, but on the field his numbers speak for themselves. Oh god, if he can only keep from blowing his lid for one year...

What does he do off the field?

Pinkerton Security
06-11-2009, 01:10 PM
What does he do off the field?

hopefully this is sarcastic.

if not: attempted suicide, crying about his QB, situps in his driveway, etc.

I guess i just dont really like people who go that far out of their way to bring attention to themselves.

VeggieMan14
06-11-2009, 02:21 PM
And Corey Mcyntire isn't :snicker:

The Juice Is Loose
06-11-2009, 03:31 PM
man, people expect everybody to go around and act like they are at boot camp.

terrell owens was honored at an alzheimers benefit. the man does more good off the field than most, that's for sure.

he's never been tasered or arrested.

Dr. Pepper
06-11-2009, 03:48 PM

off field issues? you have lynch in your avatar.

Ed
06-11-2009, 04:07 PM
hopefully this is sarcastic.

if not: attempted suicide, crying about his QB, situps in his driveway, etc.

I guess i just dont really like people who go that far out of their way to bring attention to themselves.
can you verify the attempted suicide? My understanding has always been that that was completely false.

Pinkerton Security
06-11-2009, 04:33 PM
off field issues? you have lynch in your avatar.

where, Dr., did I say I didnt like TO? Or where did i condone the things Marshawn has done?

BADTHINGSMAN
06-13-2009, 10:59 AM
Since when is doing situps in your drive way an issue? Was it because the media was their to hype it? IMO if he isnt being arrested then who cares.

Typ0
06-13-2009, 11:42 AM
TO has been one of the good guys his whole career. Sure, he recognizes that putting on a show is part of being in the NFL but his behavior off the field has been fine. He could have used better judgement having conversations with other players through the media but TO has done little wrong to be labeled with such a bad name. We need his type of player on this team as he's a consummate worker dedicated to winning and he expects that from everyone around him.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
06-13-2009, 06:24 PM
I have no problem with TO and never have had a problem with him. Hes never beaten a wife, gotten arrested, killed dogs.. whatever

His only fault (publicly) is that he runs off at the mouth and thinks highly of himself.

Lots of people like that.

colin
06-15-2009, 08:04 AM
can you verify the attempted suicide? My understanding has always been that that was completely false.

+1 he's a guy who used more pills than he should of. he's not some overweight teenage girl from suburbia -- he prolly never went to a doctor before playing college ball anyhow so he just effed up his dosage.

mybills
06-15-2009, 08:25 AM
he's a good dad, he's into children's books, never been arrested,
made a mistake re his prescription drugs, and even his "mouth" which people label as "bad" is only because of his passion for the game and winning.

Turf
06-15-2009, 08:00 PM

So they're starting to act like a real football team, like talking to each and trying to get better and trying to win. Something new in Buffalo. So glad we kept this idiot of a coach.
Just wait until week 6 when TO, and rightfully so, will malign Schonert for inept playcalling and this coaching staff. That's the best thing unfortunately to come out of this move.

mercyrule
06-15-2009, 09:14 PM
So they're starting to act like a real football team, like talking to each and trying to get better and trying to win. Something new in Buffalo. So glad we kept this idiot of a coach.
Just wait until week 6 when TO, and rightfully so, will malign Schonert for inept playcalling and this coaching staff. That's the best thing unfortunately to come out of this move.Are all the coaches idiots?