PDA

View Full Version : anyone remember this?

OpIv37
06-10-2009, 06:01 PM
Back to where Jimmy Hoffa is!

They just showed it on SC as part of a "Best Game 6's" montage:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O9JeDrpbCHE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O9JeDrpbCHE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Nighthawk
06-10-2009, 06:04 PM
Yep, can't forget that game...I was there and it was awesome! I was telling the people I went with that if somebody didn't score in that period then we had to leave because I had a college exam the next morning. That was was one of the craziest games I've ever seen...total blast to be there...even if I was tired as s**t the next day!

bigbub2352
06-10-2009, 07:31 PM
wow a team that played with grit and passion sure miss those days
i stayed up and watched that game too!!
awesome

BlackMetalNinja
06-10-2009, 11:01 PM
I remember it... I was only 12 at the time, but I stayed up and watched it. Much better than staying up for Game 6 of the Cup Finals a few years later :(

JD
06-11-2009, 12:58 AM
What year was that in? I seem to remember a ridiculously long ass game from when i was in kindergarten.. maybe 92-93?

chernobylwraiths
06-11-2009, 06:29 AM
wow a team that played with grit and passion sure miss those days
i stayed up and watched that game too!!
awesome

Although I want more grit and passion on this team, even that isn't always enough to get it done.

BlackMetalNinja
06-11-2009, 06:45 AM
What year was that in? I seem to remember a ridiculously long ass game from when i was in kindergarten.. maybe 92-93?1994

Dude
06-11-2009, 07:19 AM
R.I.P. Aud. :sad:

bigbub2352
06-11-2009, 09:53 AM
Although I want more grit and passion on this team, even that isn't always enough to get it done.
i agree, but at least we werent getting ripped off paying to see them play

chubluv
06-11-2009, 10:23 PM
My nephew was born 3 hours later. My future wife and I were at the game & we called every 10 min of play to see if our sister in law had given birth yet.

trapezeus
06-12-2009, 04:30 PM
i was on a model UN trip in Toronto with 5 other pals staying the basement of a family's place. we had to be super quiet, but whent he scored, we all whispered a really loud scream and started throwing the pillows around. But since it wasn't Empire sports, they pretty much closed the broadcast immediately after the goal. So we all stayed up chatting about how awesome it was until 4 in the morning.

Needless to say our 7am model un start time didn't go so well.

OpIv37
06-12-2009, 09:02 PM
i was on a model UN trip in Toronto with 5 other pals staying the basement of a family's place. we had to be super quiet, but whent he scored, we all whispered a really loud scream and started throwing the pillows around. But since it wasn't Empire sports, they pretty much closed the broadcast immediately after the goal. So we all stayed up chatting about how awesome it was until 4 in the morning.

Needless to say our 7am model un start time didn't go so well.

you stayed up all night on a model UN trip? Well, I'm glad to hear that you were rebellious in your nerdiness.

trapezeus
06-13-2009, 12:28 PM
don't go assuming much has changed in my adult years. last night i somehow stayed up playing the wii links crossbow game until 3am. Cue aerosmith's living on the edge

OpIv37
06-13-2009, 01:51 PM
don't go assuming much has changed in my adult years. last night i somehow stayed up playing the wii links crossbow game until 3am. Cue aerosmith's living on the edge

I feel your pain. A few nights ago I started playing Burnout: Paradise around 11 pm. I planned on playing for 45 min- 1 hr then going to bed, as I had to get up at 7 for work the next day. The next thing I knew, it was 1 am.