X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marvelous
    • Feb 2004

Some Trent Discussion

---I admit that i REALLLLLYYYY Wanted Jeff Garcia big-time3 months ago....
    But don't mind me,, i just wanted him because,, i dunno,,,oh yeah i remember, I WANT TO WIN.. And i demand insurance on the make -or- break position..No QB & WITHOUT A 85 Bears Defense,,,or the 2000 Ravens D,,well without a star defense, teams with unsure QB's tend to sail the winds of mediocrity... bah! I hope & support Trent all the way...
    -Hope--I hope he stays healthy and improves on his terrible,,,beyond mediocre route reading.. This is why Josh Reed and Fred Jackson get sooo many attempts/passes. Because Trent doesn't watch down field or other parts of wide outs routes etc...

--That is the question of the thread needing a answer..
    ~Trent's wide recievers route reading & why it struggles.

=== I'm not pretending to be a QB coach, or know-it-all, but i know Trent ignores/DOESN'T SEE//ISN'T AWARE on passing plays..
    -I'm thinking of the game that Lee EVans didn't get 1 pass attempt.. He is our best weapon & he is overlooked a whole game.. & i know that the pressure/focus of #82 lightened ^ as game progressed...

--We're all VERY disapointed/pissed about JP busting,,but none of us can see we DON'T miss his bombs to Lee Evans.. Those plays have me & family cheering the loudest since Moulds! The feeling, the excitement of a Lee Evans deep bomb touchdown is up there with Thurman taking a screen pass 75 yards to paydirt..

--So that's the question. So howcome he struggles with route awareness??
    -I do remember being super-stoked that after all these painfull post Jimbo years that we atlast have a QB who is not Pocket-ratarded.. But i'm thinking that Trents struggles with reads could be because he's pocket rattled. Or is he just a true west coast type QB who goes short more often then not?? Not like he's hitting Josh Reed in stride. If that we're the case then we owuldn't really have a problem....

----I'm curious to what you guys think of Trent Edwards route reading and if that's the problem with why Evans doesn't get the attempts thrown his way & why we lack a deep pass pressence...

---Whatabout a total left turn----Is Lee Evans a poor route runner ?
    - i never considered that till right this sec...
    GO BILLS!!! NE
    Magical Trevor
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Some Trent Discussion

Routes,left turns..

Sounds like Edwards needs a Garmin and litle else.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Typ0
      honey pie
      • Jul 2002

I saw it differently. TE does need to work on his field awareness but he's young. It's not seeing what's happening but what's going to happen a little better and being able to anticipate more. But Evans isn't that good I'd like to see some hard evidence that he's all the the Bills fans want to make him out to be. He seems to draw a lot of fantom double teams (ie he doesn't get double teamed but people keep saying he does) and he doesn't get open like a top receiver should. Evans needs to be a lot better to be a top tier WR in the NFL.

He does, however, have a very keen ability to adjust to the ball when it's in the air. So the JP to LE things was nothing less than an idiot with an arm throwing a blind pass as far as he could and LE running under the ball to catch it. I don't miss it at all. You have to be more precision in the NFL and getting that play once or twice a game just isn't going to take you anywhere.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
        • Feb 2005

There might be reason to question his peripheral vision. The only reason I say this is because he's been hit hard, more than 1 time, by players coming from the right side... The concussion vs Cards comes to mind.

You would think a right handed QB would be able to see a blitzer coming from that side... It's more than just standing in the pocket to make a play IMO.
        Last edited by Yasgur's Farm; 06-11-2009, 06:29 AM.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

Originally posted by Marvelous
          Is Lee Evans a poor route runner
          No.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Trent had only one deep weapon that defenses made sure to take away so Trent dinks the ball to either Reed or his rb's. PLus the running game wasn't doing much til' after 3/4 of the season was done.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

If he stays healthy, Trent should have fewer excuses this season. He has another year in the program, a more diverse offensive system (including the no huddle) more receiving weapons, a deeper running game (at least after Marshawn's suspension) and an OC with another year under his belt.

Assuming the restructured O line gels, Trent should have a nice year.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• yordad
                • Dec 2007

I think it just got to the point where he just assumed Lee Evans was double covered and he didn't dare try and make a play over the top. Now (with TO) a center fielder (FS) will be forced to make some tough decisions, so maybe in year three Trent will gain the confidence he needs.
                "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

Working...
                X