X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Honest Question

If there is no hope for this season as the zone "experts" are saying why should we even bother going to the games or watching them on TV.

I am being serious.
  • Ickybaluky
    • Jul 2003

Re: Honest Question

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
    If there is no hope for this season as the zone "experts" are saying why should we even bother going to the games or watching them on TV.

I am being serious.
    Well, there is always covering the spread.

Comment

• M
      • Aug 2006

Don't listen to the naysayers, Thurm. There's always hope!
      Let's Go Bills ... B B B B B B Bills!

Comment

• billsfanone
        Majored in Home Economics
        • Sep 2008

I'd like to be more positive, but the team hasn't done enough this offseason to give me much hope.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Matthew what else where you expecting? What more could they have done to give you hope?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

I love the Bills, good or bad. Of course, like my kids, I love them more when they are good.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

I am aware that quite a few things have to go right but I don't think it is as many things as people are making it out to be.

IMO it completely hinges on two things.

1.) By far the most important thing is Trent Edwards playing like he did in the first 5 games of last year. If he does I think we will have a playoff shot
              2.) Pass rush improvement 50%. Whenever this point is brought up it completely hinges on rookie Aaron Maybin OR Schobel coming back. Why not combine both? Maybin can be used SOLELY on passing downs putting him in position to generate pressure. All indications are that Schobel is healed. I have to take their word for it right now. I am not expecting 14 sacks but a good 8 would suffice.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                • May 2005

I am being serious.
                You can still be entertained without expecting the team to win a Super Bowl Corey... Just keep in mind that it's not a life or death situation and the NFL exists for entertainment purposes, not to make or break your day.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
                  You can still be entertained without expecting the team to win a Super Bowl Corey... Just keep in mind that it's not a life or death situation and the NFL exists for entertainment purposes, not to make or break your day.
                  I am completely aware of these points Scott. I am being questioned on them by some here as of late.

Comment

• billsfanone
                    • Sep 2008

Matthew what else where you expecting? What more could they have done to give you hope?
                    Replace who they lost with better talent, not rookies.

They were 7-9 last year. They didn't beat a single good team. How are they supposed to get there to anywhere good with just TO?

Sure if all their draft picks turn out to be gems, then they'll be better. But how realistic is that?

Comment

• mayotm
                      • Jul 2003

I think the Bills will ultimately be a better team by the end of season. Unfortunately, it may not translate to more wins. The AFC East appears to be very strong. The remainder of the schedule appears to be difficult. That being stated, there's always hope. I'd add the o-line coming together quickly as being equally important as Edwards' play and an improved pass rush.
                      Last edited by mayotm; 06-11-2009, 08:16 AM.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

I think, almost by definition, a fan is one that sticks by his or her team, no matter what. Is the word fan not a derivative of fanatic? You can be more happy or less happy depending on the team's success, but ultimately, you remain faithful. Otherwise, you're not really a fan, but a fairweather fan or a bandwagon jumper.
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by billsfanone
                          Replace who they lost with better talent, not rookies.

They were 7-9 last year. They didn't beat a single good team. How are they supposed to get there to anywhere good with just TO?

Sure if all their draft picks turn out to be gems, then they'll be better. But how realistic is that?
                          Two of the rookies are guards, which is a position where players can come in and excel quickly.

We lost fowler and replaced him with a Veteran. This move may prove to be our best.

We didn't lose anything at DE but added a first round talent and are getting our best back off injury.

We added a top 5 gamebreaking receiver.

We upgraded at FS, yes with a rookie.

Leodis Mckelvin, who showed flashes of Greatness, will be starting.

Comment

• billsfanone
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                            I think, almost by definition, a fan is one that sticks by his or her team, no matter what. Is the word fan not a derivative of fanatic? You can be more happy or less happy depending on the team's success, but ultimately, you remain faithful. Otherwise, you're not really a fan, but a fairweather fan or a bandwagon jumper.
                            I stick by the team. I enjoy the games. I root for them to win.

Is that ok?

Oh and I don't think they'll be good though. Sorry if that makes me a bad fan.

Comment

• billsfanone
                              • Sep 2008

Two of the rookies are guards, which is a position where players can come in and excel quickly.

We lost fowler and replaced him with a Veteran. This move may prove to be our best.

We didn't lose anything at DE but added a first round talent and are getting our best back off injury.

We added a top 5 gamebreaking receiver.

We upgraded at FS, yes with a rookie.

Leodis Mckelvin, who showed flashes of Greatness, will be starting.
                              I hear you. But ALL of that needs to come together. And MORE!

Comment

Working...
                              X