PDA

View Full Version : Honest Question

THATHURMANATOR
06-11-2009, 07:58 AM
If there is no hope for this season as the zone "experts" are saying why should we even bother going to the games or watching them on TV.

I am being serious.

Ickybaluky
06-11-2009, 08:00 AM
If there is no hope for this season as the zone "experts" are saying why should we even bother going to the games or watching them on TV.

I am being serious.

Well, there is always covering the spread.

M
06-11-2009, 08:02 AM
Don't listen to the naysayers, Thurm. There's always hope!

billsfanone
06-11-2009, 08:03 AM
I'd like to be more positive, but the team hasn't done enough this offseason to give me much hope.

THATHURMANATOR
06-11-2009, 08:04 AM
Matthew what else where you expecting? What more could they have done to give you hope?

Jan Reimers
06-11-2009, 08:06 AM
I love the Bills, good or bad. Of course, like my kids, I love them more when they are good.

THATHURMANATOR
06-11-2009, 08:09 AM
I am aware that quite a few things have to go right but I don't think it is as many things as people are making it out to be.

IMO it completely hinges on two things.

1.) By far the most important thing is Trent Edwards playing like he did in the first 5 games of last year. If he does I think we will have a playoff shot
2.) Pass rush improvement 50%. Whenever this point is brought up it completely hinges on rookie Aaron Maybin OR Schobel coming back. Why not combine both? Maybin can be used SOLELY on passing downs putting him in position to generate pressure. All indications are that Schobel is healed. I have to take their word for it right now. I am not expecting 14 sacks but a good 8 would suffice.

BlackMetalNinja
06-11-2009, 08:11 AM

I am being serious.You can still be entertained without expecting the team to win a Super Bowl Corey... Just keep in mind that it's not a life or death situation and the NFL exists for entertainment purposes, not to make or break your day.

THATHURMANATOR
06-11-2009, 08:13 AM
You can still be entertained without expecting the team to win a Super Bowl Corey... Just keep in mind that it's not a life or death situation and the NFL exists for entertainment purposes, not to make or break your day.
I am completely aware of these points Scott. I am being questioned on them by some here as of late.

billsfanone
06-11-2009, 08:14 AM
Matthew what else where you expecting? What more could they have done to give you hope?

Replace who they lost with better talent, not rookies.

They were 7-9 last year. They didn't beat a single good team. How are they supposed to get there to anywhere good with just TO?

Sure if all their draft picks turn out to be gems, then they'll be better. But how realistic is that?

mayotm
06-11-2009, 08:15 AM
I think the Bills will ultimately be a better team by the end of season. Unfortunately, it may not translate to more wins. The AFC East appears to be very strong. The remainder of the schedule appears to be difficult. That being stated, there's always hope. I'd add the o-line coming together quickly as being equally important as Edwards' play and an improved pass rush.

Jan Reimers
06-11-2009, 08:17 AM
I think, almost by definition, a fan is one that sticks by his or her team, no matter what. Is the word fan not a derivative of fanatic? You can be more happy or less happy depending on the team's success, but ultimately, you remain faithful. Otherwise, you're not really a fan, but a fairweather fan or a bandwagon jumper.

THATHURMANATOR
06-11-2009, 08:18 AM

They were 7-9 last year. They didn't beat a single good team. How are they supposed to get there to anywhere good with just TO?

Sure if all their draft picks turn out to be gems, then they'll be better. But how realistic is that?
Two of the rookies are guards, which is a position where players can come in and excel quickly.

We lost fowler and replaced him with a Veteran. This move may prove to be our best.

We didn't lose anything at DE but added a first round talent and are getting our best back off injury.

We added a top 5 gamebreaking receiver.

We upgraded at FS, yes with a rookie.

Leodis Mckelvin, who showed flashes of Greatness, will be starting.

billsfanone
06-11-2009, 08:19 AM
I think, almost by definition, a fan is one that sticks by his or her team, no matter what. Is the word fan not a derivative of fanatic? You can be more happy or less happy depending on the team's success, but ultimately, you remain faithful. Otherwise, you're not really a fan, but a fairweather fan or a bandwagon jumper.

I stick by the team. I enjoy the games. I root for them to win.

Is that ok?

Oh and I don't think they'll be good though. Sorry if that makes me a bad fan.

billsfanone
06-11-2009, 08:20 AM
Two of the rookies are guards, which is a position where players can come in and excel quickly.

We lost fowler and replaced him with a Veteran. This move may prove to be our best.

We didn't lose anything at DE but added a first round talent and are getting our best back off injury.

I hear you. But ALL of that needs to come together. And MORE!

Jan Reimers
06-11-2009, 08:23 AM
I stick by the team. I enjoy the games. I root for them to win.

Is that ok?

Oh and I don't think they'll be good though. Sorry if that makes me a bad fan.
No, you're a fan. You haven't given up on the Bills, even though you are disappointed with them. Bad fans are the ones that leave and root for another team.

OpIv37
06-11-2009, 08:29 AM

This is a red herring argument. Maybe there was something else the FO could have done, maybe there wasn't. But at the end of the day, we have what we have. There wasn't a whole lot available at DE or OLB in FA, and it's only feasible to do so much in a given off-season. But a lack of available options doesn't make the team any better. This team still has holes and some significant problems from last year that were not addressed, plus, some of the problems that were addressed may not have been addressed sufficiently. That's the reality of the situation.

As far as a lack of hope, why do I need to say this again? You need to separate hope from expectations. There are no guarantees in sports. We're all hoping the Bills somehow make something of this season, but expecting that to happen is just plain unreasonable.

HHURRICANE
06-11-2009, 08:30 AM
What more could they have done to give you hope?

This team was close last year. Had they done the following I would have been very engaged:

1) Keep Peters. Love him, hate him, he is going to be missed. The guy is going to play well in Philly and no one here really believes that he won't. We impoved the inside but made the outside weaker? The o-line is a mess. No way you can move that many players and not expect problems. How good would we look right now with Peters-Wood-Hangartner-Butler-Walker. People would be stoked.

2) Get an upgrade at OLB. If OLB was a problem with Ellison playing last year how is not a problem with Ellison playing this year?

3) Sign Boldin instead of TO. I love the TO signing but let's call it what it is...a one year bandaid and it was a knee jerk reaction after we got passed over by a guy we thought we had signed. TO will melt early if and when this team starts to unfold. Boldin has played on less than perfect.

I do agree that there was little we could do with our pass rush this year. Didn't love the draft, not much to talk about in FA. Maybin is as big a question mark as Orakpo who I liked better.

Patrick76777
06-11-2009, 08:31 AM
Just can't tell when a team is going to turn it around.

Miami went from almost winless to the division title. In one year! And NOBODY expected that!

So although these guys will tell you that it's foolish to have high hopes, isn't it also foolish to give up hope?

I think it is!

On defense:

-We did have the 14th ranked defense last year. Sure this is just better than average and one could argue that we didn't play great teams, but at the end of the season, they were still 14. And not much has changed from that unit. We lost Greer but replaced him with a first round draft pick in his second season. We also added Maybin (sure he's a rookie) but remember that Schobel missed most of the season. So you could make an arguement that the team added 2 new DE's to the 14th ranked defense in the league. At LB, Poz, for all intents and purposes just finished his first season. And sure Ellison has been the whipping boy, but he played most of last year on the 14th ranked defense and he's not even officially won the job yet.

On Offense:

-Thurm's right, If they get first 5 game 2008 Edwards, it'll make all the difference in the world. But to me, the biggest thing about the offense is that towards the end of last season, Lynch and Jackson started taking games over. It was like the light went on for these guys and they were playing awesome. Changes on the O-line may effect that, but I've heard that Dockery actually graded out poorly in the run game and let's not forget that Peters was hurt for the last couple games when Lynch and Jackson turned it up. Also, IMO, the biggest problem on the offense was the lack of a number 2 WR. With T.O. on the team it could really open things up.

IMO, the two biggest problems last year were the lack of pass rush and not having a number 2 WR. I think both have been addressed.

Biggest questions for me:

-Will Trent play as well as he did in the first 5 games last year?
-Will Schobel/Maybin be productive.
-Can the defense build off of last year
-Can Lynch/Jackson continue to play like they did at the end of last year?
-Can the rookie O-linemen step in and kick some as$?

If we can get a yes to at least 3 of those, we'll be in contention for a playoff spot. Of course, that's just what I think.

OpIv37
06-11-2009, 08:33 AM
I am aware that quite a few things have to go right but I don't think it is as many things as people are making it out to be.

IMO it completely hinges on two things.

1.) By far the most important thing is Trent Edwards playing like he did in the first 5 games of last year. If he does I think we will have a playoff shot
2.) Pass rush improvement 50%. Whenever this point is brought up it completely hinges on rookie Aaron Maybin OR Schobel coming back. Why not combine both? Maybin can be used SOLELY on passing downs putting him in position to generate pressure. All indications are that Schobel is healed. I have to take their word for it right now. I am not expecting 14 sacks but a good 8 would suffice.

a key piece that you missed: We're relying on two rookie linemen, a C who has never been a named starter, and two T's who recently switched positions to block for Trent. If the OL doesn't play well, Trent won't play well. So, before your #1 can happen, this makeshift OL has to come together.

TheMan08
06-11-2009, 08:37 AM
We will SHOCK THE WORLD!!!

madness
06-11-2009, 08:42 AM

Don't forget about the Sanders impact! These guys have a real coach now.

justasportsfan
06-11-2009, 08:46 AM
I like the talent on this team. I'm hoping they can overcome the coaching problems. As long as there's hope and a new begining , I'm excited.

Jan Reimers
06-11-2009, 08:46 AM
Don't forget about the Sanders impact! These guys have a real coach now.
Yeah, it seems that Krumrie and Kollar were yellers and screamers, where Sanders is a teacher. He may even turn McCargo's career around.

THATHURMANATOR
06-11-2009, 08:57 AM
This team was close last year. Had they done the following I would have been very engaged:

1) Keep Peters. Love him, hate him, he is going to be missed. The guy is going to play well in Philly and no one here really believes that he won't. We impoved the inside but made the outside weaker? The o-line is a mess. No way you can move that many players and not expect problems. How good would we look right now with Peters-Wood-Hangartner-Butler-Walker. People would be stoked.

2) Get an upgrade at OLB. If OLB was a problem with Ellison playing last year how is not a problem with Ellison playing this year?

3) Sign Boldin instead of TO. I love the TO signing but let's call it what it is...a one year bandaid and it was a knee jerk reaction after we got passed over by a guy we thought we had signed. TO will melt early if and when this team starts to unfold. Boldin has played on less than perfect.

I do agree that there was little we could do with our pass rush this year. Didn't love the draft, not much to talk about in FA. Maybin is as big a question mark as Orakpo who I liked better.
1) I agree with you but he didn't want to be here. He was Horrible last year so in essence his play of 2007 will be missed.

2) I am again with you here. Biggest Gaffe in Free agency and the draft.

3) Boldin is not a Free agent

justasportsfan
06-11-2009, 09:00 AM
3) Boldin is not a Free agent

Boldin would probably demand more than what Evans got.

bigbry
06-11-2009, 09:06 AM
Super Bowl victory or gave up on the Bills forever.

madness
06-11-2009, 09:08 AM
Yeah, it seems that Krumrie and Kollar were yellers and screamers, where Sanders is a teacher. He may even turn McCargo's career around.

I'm not expecting much with McCargo at this point but I wouldn't be surprised at all. It's quite a shame when you have NFL vets confessing about learning techniques that they should have known by now.

THATHURMANATOR
06-11-2009, 09:25 AM
Super Bowl victory or gave up on the Bills forever.
That's mean.... :doh:

Deep down wouldn't you secretly be happy for us if we won a Super Bowl?

chernobylwraiths
06-11-2009, 09:27 AM

Um, fire the inept head coach? Find a personnel man with a decent track record?

mybills
06-11-2009, 09:55 AM
Just can't tell when a team is going to turn it around.

Miami went from all most winless to the division title. In one year! And NOBODY expected that!

So althought these guys will tell you that it's foolish to have high hopes, isn't it also foolish to give up hope?

I think it is!

On defense:

-We did have the 14th ranked defense last year. Sure this is just better than average and one could argue that we didn't play great teams, but at the end of the season, they were still 14. And not much has changed from that unit. We lost Greer but replaced him with a first round draft pick in his second season. We also added Maybin (sure he's a rookie) but remember that Schobel missed most of the season. So you could make an arguement that the team added 2 new DE's to the 14th ranked defense in the league. At LB, Poz, for all intents and purposes just finished his first season. And sure Ellison has been the whipping boy, but he played most of last year on the 14th ranked defense and he's not even officially won the job yet.

On Offense:

-Thurm's right, If they get first 5 game 2008 Edwards, it'll make all the difference in the world. But to me, the biggest thing about the offense is that towards the end of last season, Lynch and Jackson started taking games over. It was like the light went on for these guys and they were playing awesome. Changes on the O-line may effect that, but I've heard that Dockery actually graded out poorly in the run game and let's not forget that Peters was hurt for the last couple games when Lynch and Jackson turned it up. Also, IMO, the biggest problem on the offense was the lack of a number 2 WR. With T.O. on the team it could really open things up.

IMO, the two biggest problems last year were the lack of pass rush and not having a number 2 WR. I think both have been addressed.

Biggest questions for me:

-Will Trent play as well as he did in the first 5 games last year?
-Will Schobel/Maybin be productive.
-Can the defense build off of last year
-Can Lynch/Jackson continue to play like they did at the end of last year?
-Can the rookie O-linemen step in and kick some as$?

If we can get a yes to at least 3 of those, we'll be in contention for a playoff spot. Of course, that's just what I think.
:10: :bf1:

joecharb
06-11-2009, 10:09 AM
The questions you should be asking are "Do I have fun going to the games?" and "Do I enjoy watching them on TV?".

If the answer is yes than keep doing it.

If the answer is no than stop.

Sports are here to entertain us. If you aren't enjoying it find something else to do.

It sounds like you are enjoying it so who cares what the negative folks say.

WeAreArthurMoates
06-11-2009, 10:17 AM

We didn't lose anyone significant and replace them with a rook. Levitre is a much better option than Dockery at guard. Tougher, more athletic and has a nasty punch.

syracuse76
06-11-2009, 11:03 AM
i think the tell tale sign is going to be the opening game. weather brady is going to be in tip top shape is irrelevent to me. its still the pats and they are still good. i think our performance in that game will tell alot. im still sticking by a wild card birth. its time....we are due. we have made some moves , i like the draft. i think its going to be a decent year. def. better then last in the least.

ddaryl
06-11-2009, 11:06 AM

I am being serious.

there is always hope... and that is how I go into every preseason...

billsfanone
06-11-2009, 11:11 AM
We didn't lose anyone significant and replace them with a rook. Levitre is a much better option than Dockery at guard. Tougher, more athletic and has a nasty punch.

He hasn't taken on NFL snap yet.

Like I said, everything has to go right in order for the Bills to succeed. They weren't "close" last year. They beat crappy teams and got owned by every winning team they faced. They needed to vastly improve from last year, and they didn't IMO. Now if every draft pick turns out to be a stud, then it might work out. But that is unlikely. Getting back to what OP touched on earlier, there might not have been anything else the Bills could have done to improve greatly from last year. They are suffering from years of mediocrity. If this offseason/draft was a success, then it might pay off next year and in years to come if there are more successful drafts and offseasons.

THATHURMANATOR
06-11-2009, 11:14 AM
He hasn't taken on NFL snap yet.

Like I said, everything has to go right in order for the Bills to succeed. They weren't "close" last year. They beat crappy teams and got owned by every winning team they faced. They needed to vastly improve from last year, and they didn't IMO. Now if every draft pick turns out to be a stud, then it might work out. But that is unlikely. Getting back to what OP touched on earlier, there might not have been anything else the Bills could have done to improve greatly from last year. They are suffering from years of mediocrity. If this offseason/draft was a success, then it might pay off next year and in years to come if there are more successful drafts and offseasons.
Matthew I am going to need you to be a bit more positive ok....

billsfanone
06-11-2009, 11:18 AM
Matthew I am going to need you to be a bit more positive ok....

I don't mean to be a downer. I'll be excited once the season starts and will root for them to win each week. But I don't know how anyone can possibly say with a straight face that the Bills are better today than they were at the end of last season. Or better enough to turn a 7-9 season into anything meaningful.

THATHURMANATOR
06-11-2009, 11:19 AM
I don't mean to be a downer. I'll be excited once the season starts and will root for them to win each week. But I don't know how anyone can possibly say with a straight face that the Bills are better today than they were at the end of last season. Or better enough to turn a 7-9 season into anything meaningful.
:str8face: The Bills are better today then they were at the end of last season.

billsfanone
06-11-2009, 11:20 AM
:rofl:

HHURRICANE
06-11-2009, 11:36 AM
I like Pat's post. Just a few points on offense:

1) When Trent lost Reed his game suffered. Plain and simple. 7-1 with Reed on the field. Trent didn't suck he just ran out of targets.

2) The o-line knew how to pass block and at one point was allowing the fewest sacks on Trent in the league so...

3) If Trent doesn't get protection it won't matter how great the WR corps.

On defense:

1) The offense was deliberate so our crappy D stayed off the field. Something that Losman couldn't do. Our time of posession improved dramtaically so...

2) Our D wasn't that great but they spent less time on the field. If trent makes more big plays and scores quicker who's to say our D might not spend more time on the field getting manhandled?

billsfanone
06-11-2009, 12:48 PM
I look at the teams they played rather who was injured at the time. There is not doubt in my mind that Trend wasn't 100% after his concussion, but I think a lot of the early success was due to the fact that the schedule was incredibly weak in the beginning of last season.

Patrick76777
06-11-2009, 01:09 PM
I like Pat's post. Just a few points on offense:

1) When Trent lost Reed his game suffered. Plain and simple. 7-1 with Reed on the field. Trent didn't suck he just ran out of targets.

2) The o-line knew how to pass block and at one point was allowing the fewest sacks on Trent in the league so...

3) If Trent doesn't get protection it won't matter how great the WR corps.

On defense:

1) The offense was deliberate so our crappy D stayed off the field. Something that Losman couldn't do. Our time of posession improved dramtaically so...

2) Our D wasn't that great but they spent less time on the field. If trent makes more big plays and scores quicker who's to say our D might not spend more time on the field getting manhandled?

The funny thing with stats is that you can spin them anyway you want.

Pittsburgh had the number 1 defense in the league, but really they played 6 of their games against 3 of the worst offenses in the league. Cleveland (31), Cincinnati (32) and Baltimore (18). Plus they have a ball control offense and finished 6th in TOP so they're really not that good on defense.

BTW, the Bills finished 17th in TOP. Smack dab in the middle. 30.04 minutes per game.

Dying_-2-_Live
06-11-2009, 01:15 PM
I'd like to be more positive, but the team hasn't done enough this offseason to give me much hope.

How have we not done enough to improve the infamous 7-9...
Trent has another years experience
We added a dynamic WR in Terrell Owens
We drafted the receiving TE we've been waiting for...
We drafted a pas rush specialist that we desperately needed
We have tons of depth at corner
We have fred jackson signed long term
We drafted two O-Lineman that seem to be excellent pick ups

We improved on paper in...
WR
TE
DL
CB
S
RB - Rhodes
OL

OpIv37
06-11-2009, 01:18 PM

WR
TE
DL
CB
S
RB - Rhodes
OL

It's completely illogical to say a draft pick is an improvement before they've ever set foot on an NFL field, especially given the way this FO drafts. And don't forget that there is a learning curve associated with the NFL, so even if all the draft picks live up to the expectations, chances are they won't be doing so on week 1 against the Pats. Who knows how many losses we'll have while they adjust?

Mr. Pink
06-11-2009, 01:19 PM
Honest answer...

To drink beers and hang out with your buds having a good time!

Dying_-2-_Live
06-11-2009, 01:23 PM
It's completely illogical to say a draft pick is an improvement before they've ever set foot on an NFL field, especially given the way this FO drafts. And don't forget that there is a learning curve associated with the NFL, so even if all the draft picks live up to the expectations, chances are they won't be doing so on week 1 against the Pats. Who knows how many losses we'll have while they adjust?
Thats why the NFL draft exists... To improve the team, correct?
Maybin will step in and do his job right away. Same with Nelson. He will come in on passing downs.. particular in the redzone. Why would the team bother drafting if it is not going to help the team. Trent Edwardswas drafted in the 3rd round... He came in mid season and provided an upgrade. Marshawn Lynch came in and did a great job. Ko Simpson was a surprise his rookie season. Stop talking for the sake of the rest of us.

billsfanone
06-11-2009, 01:29 PM

WR
TE
DL
CB
S
RB - Rhodes
OL

WR - Yes
TE - Maybe
DL - Maybe
CB - No
S - Maybe
RB - Rhodes - No
OL - Maybe/probably not

THATHURMANATOR
06-11-2009, 02:34 PM
I think we did improve at CB Matthew.

Mckelvin has the makings of a star. Greer was good but nothing spectacular..

Add Florence, and a healthy Youboty, and a progressing corner and I like this position more than I did last year.

THATHURMANATOR
06-11-2009, 02:35 PM
In the same breath isn't it illogical to say that they are NOT an improvement before they've ever set foot on an NFL field? :idunno:

OpIv37
06-11-2009, 02:41 PM
In the same breath isn't it illogical to say that they are NOT an improvement before they've ever set foot on an NFL field? :idunno:

yes, that's illogical too. However, like I said, there is a LEARNING CURVE associated with rookies. Even if every rookie we drafted is better than the guy we have/had at the position, chances are few if any will be better in week 1 of 2009.

We were 7-9 last year. The only clear position improvement is WR with TO, arguably C with Hangartner. Every other position is either the same or staffed with rookies who will be learning on the job. It's absurd to say a rookie learning on the job is an improvement.

THATHURMANATOR
06-11-2009, 02:48 PM
yes, that's illogical too. However, like I said, there is a LEARNING CURVE associated with rookies. Even if every rookie we drafted is better than the guy we have/had at the position, chances are few if any will be better in week 1 of 2009.

We were 7-9 last year. The only clear position improvement is WR with TO, arguably C with Hangartner. Every other position is either the same or staffed with rookies who will be learning on the job. It's absurd to say a rookie learning on the job is an improvement.
Many rookies contribute great play every year. Why are you acting as it would be some kind of miracle if some of our early round picks play well next year.

OpIv37
06-11-2009, 03:05 PM
Many rookies contribute great play every year. Why are you acting as it would be some kind of miracle if some of our early round picks play well next year.

Because if this team is going to be any better than last year at all, at a minimum we need Levitre, Wood, and Maybin to contribute almost immediately. We're not talking about 1 or two rookies contributing- we're talking about 3 rookies being better than the guys we had last year immediately. That's an unreasonable expectation.

And do you even watch this team? They've never been shy at plugging in rookies, but the only one I can think of that's ever made an instant impact is Lynch. Some, like McKelvin, contributed later in their rookie season. Others, like Whitner, Poz, McCargo, Simpson, Youboty and Hardy have yet to live up to their billing.

THATHURMANATOR
06-11-2009, 03:09 PM
Because if this team is going to be any better than last year at all, at a minimum we need Levitre, Wood, and Maybin to contribute almost immediately. We're not talking about 1 or two rookies contributing- we're talking about 3 rookies being better than the guys we had last year immediately. That's an unreasonable expectation.

And do you even watch this team? They've never been shy at plugging in rookies, but the only one I can think of that's ever made an instant impact is Lynch. Some, like McKelvin, contributed later in their rookie season. Others, like Whitner, Poz, McCargo, Simpson, Youboty and Hardy have yet to live up to their billing.
I of course know it is no lock that all three would contribute good play this year but it is more than a slim chance they do. I think Byrd could fit in well also.

OpIv37
06-11-2009, 04:04 PM
I of course know it is no lock that all three would contribute good play this year but it is more than a slim chance they do. I think Byrd could fit in well also.

I'm not as worried about Byrd. If the DL somehow plays well, I think we can get by without him contributing. If the DL doesn't play well, we're screwed with or without help from Byrd. It would be nice if he could contribute early though.

X-Era
06-11-2009, 04:13 PM

I am being serious.

Ask Russ, hes hes the one that keeps them "buying", he obviously has that answer.

OpIv37
06-11-2009, 09:37 PM
Thats why the NFL draft exists... To improve the team, correct?
Maybin will step in and do his job right away. Same with Nelson. He will come in on passing downs.. particular in the redzone. Why would the team bother drafting if it is not going to help the team. Trent Edwardswas drafted in the 3rd round... He came in mid season and provided an upgrade. Marshawn Lynch came in and did a great job. Ko Simpson was a surprise his rookie season. Stop talking for the sake of the rest of us.

That's the point of the draft.... true. But what has this FO done in the last 10 years to help the team via the draft? A team has to draft WELL in order to improve and so far our FO has shown ZERO ability to do that.

On top of that, the draft is not an INSTANT improvement. It takes time for rookies to adjust to the game. You can't just throw a bunch of rookies on the field and hope to win right away. Sometimes rookies do perform immediately, but it's rare and we're just counting on far too many rookies to reasonably expect them to all perform well immediately.

Edwards and Simpson have proven nothing yet. Lynch has been a huge help but he also plays the position that has the easiest transition.

SABURZFAN
06-11-2009, 09:46 PM

I am being serious.

i haven't said anything yet about the upcoming season so there is hope, THURM. :up:

bigbry
06-12-2009, 10:42 AM
That's mean.... :doh:

Deep down wouldn't you secretly be happy for us if we won a Super Bowl?

Deep down I think the Bills have the most loyal fans around.
And someday in or around the year 2200 you all may get your wish.

Historian
06-12-2009, 10:46 AM
The line is a question mark, as is Trent.

The D should be solid.

I figure 7-9 again and a new coach for New Year's.

The Natrix
06-12-2009, 06:32 PM
This the most down I've been on the bills before a season since the 3-13 season.

On the bright side, they've been worse than I expected the last several seasons, so maybe now they'll come together and make the playoffs since I predict 5-11

Night Train
06-17-2009, 02:04 PM

I am being serious.

For the distinct possibility of a midget stampede at a yet unannounced home game.

My brother is an agent and Ralph wants Big Minnie and his posse for a Sunday afternoon gig.

I would NEVER miss that !

psubills62
06-17-2009, 02:30 PM

Just FYI, Boldin wasn't a free agent. So not only would they have to trade picks for Boldin (at least a first-rounder plus some other significant picks), they'd have to sign him to an outrageous contract. T.O. won't be as good in the long-term as Boldin, but he's a better short-term fix (to keep Jauron's job), while our other receivers develop.

Hemlepp53
06-18-2009, 08:03 PM
Stay positive. We have a chance this season to at least crack the post season. I think we will come out the gates like we did last year and if we keep healthy and Lynch comes in game four starved for action we have a good chance. KEEP POSITIVE... What the heck is going on here.... Regardless of the team when on TV I am watching and acting a fool all season long.