I think this roster is going to have some major surprises and cuts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

I think this roster is going to have some major surprises and cuts.

I'm telling you right now that Chris Ellis hasn't been mentioned once this entire off-season. I think he's not going to make the roster.

I also believe that they love Ashlee Palmer. The guy is already running plays with the first team. I don't think Bowen or Harris have done that yet.

Now this is a gut feeling but I think either Kelsay or Schobel is gone before the season opener. Call me crazy but I think one of these guys gets moved before the season opener.

I also believe that Parrish is on the short list of players that still might get moved especially if Johnson steps up, which hasn't happened yet.
    Last edited by HHURRICANE; 06-11-2009, 11:48 AM.
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: I think this roster is going to have some major surprises and cuts.

All possibilities.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
      Zero for Zero!
      • Mar 2003

Ellis has been mentioned. He has been working with the 2nd team.

I also don't see Schobel going - he was paid a big bonus back in March. I also am not sure the if Ellis goes that one of last years starters goes too. I just don't see two of the guys from last year gettng the ax.
      Originally posted by mysticsoto
      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
        I'm telling you right now that Chris Ellis hasn't been mentioned once this entire off-season. I think he's not going to make the roster.

I also believe that they love Ashlee Palmer. The guy is already running plays with the first team. I don't think Bowen or Harris have done that yet.

Now this is a gut feeling but I think either Kelsay or Schobel is gone before the season opener. Call me crazy but I think one of these guys gets moved before the season opener.

I also believe that Parrish is on the short list of players that still might get moved especially if Johnson steps up, which hasn't happened yet.
        none of those are surpises but I'm sure you'll gloat if any of that happens.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• seanbillsfan
          • May 2007

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
          All possibilities.
          Agreed

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            Ellis has been mentioned. He has been working with the 2nd team.

I also don't see Schobel going - he was paid a big bonus back in March. I also am not sure the if Ellis goes that one of last years starters goes too. I just don't see two of the guys from last year gettng the ax.

I'm not sure they are done trying to address DE even in the open market.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
              • Apr 2005

ill talk about this a couple of weeks into actual training camp. too early to tell

Comment

• gil
                • Mar 2005

Man, what a colossal disappointment Schobel has been - almost regardless of what he does this year, which, if they keep him, I hope includes at least tripping over his own shoelaces and getting a sack on Brady.

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                  • Feb 2009

Harris did run with the first teamers a long with Palmer at the end of the OTA's last week but it's interesting that Palmer ran with the first teamers again. I don't know if he pushes Ellison for the starting spot since he plays the weakside. Harris has made some plays at the strongside and I truley think he will snag the spot.

That look with the first team may have though def gave him a legit shot at making the team.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                    • Feb 2005

I think surprise cuts could be Drayton Florence, Ryan Denney, Dominic Rhodes, george Wilson, John Wendling, Jon Corto, Ryan Neil, and Ashton Youboty
                    also possible Corey McIntyre, Roscoe Parrish, Justin Jenkins, Blake costanzo, and Finally John McCargo

all are in steep competition with someone for roster space and playing time
                    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
                      • Apr 2008

no way Youboty gets cut IMO. true he has injury issues but hes the only one on D who could make a tackle (outside the endzone) last season.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                        • Feb 2005

Part of Schobels $21M "guaranteed money" from his contract extension is in the form of guaranteed salaries through '10. He's guaranteed $3.5M this season, and $6M in 2010.

Best we can hope for is a remarkable recovery from his foot issue. Because I wouldn't expect they'd boot his ass with $9.5M on the table. He'll be washing TO's jock delicates if nothing else.

BTW... He's due an additional $21.5M for '11-'14... Money he'll never see IMO.

Find all the latest Rotoworld fantasy sports news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

8/24/2007: Signed a seven-year, $50.5 million contract. The deal contains $21 million guaranteed, including Schobel's first four base salaries. 2009: $3.5 million, 2010: $6.025 million, 2011-2012: $6.5 million, 2013: $8.5 million, 2014: Free Agent
                        Last edited by Yasgur's Farm; 06-11-2009, 03:41 PM.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by bigbub2352
                          I think surprise cuts could be Drayton Florence, Ryan Denney, Dominic Rhodes, george Wilson, John Wendling, Jon Corto, Ryan Neil, and Ashton Youboty
                          also possible Corey McIntyre, Roscoe Parrish, Justin Jenkins, Blake costanzo, and Finally John McCargo

all are in steep competition with someone for roster space and playing time
                          You already got Constanzo right.

Denney's name gets brought up every year but he always plays better than Kelsay.

If Yobouty gets cut it will be a tremendous waste of talent.

Comment

• casdhf
                            • Jul 2002

Didn't you start a thread a week ago that said Youboty was going to get cut?
                            Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                            cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• X-Era
                              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                              • Feb 2005

I really think we will have at least one surprise ADD before or during the season still.

I really think it will be an OLB.

Comment

Working...
                              X