J. Bell, Costanzo, Faletoese, Ward and G. Washington cut (merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madness
    • Apr 2003

J. Bell, Costanzo, Faletoese, Ward and G. Washington cut (merged)

Per V-text

The Buffalo Bills announced today the team has waived OL Joel Bell, LB Blake Costanzo, DT John Faletoese, DB Kyle Ward, and DE Gerald Washington.
    Last edited by madness; 06-11-2009, 01:30 PM.
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

The Buffalo Bills Waive:

The Buffalo Bills have waived OL Joel Bell, LB Blake Costanzo, DT John Falestoese, DB Kyle ward, DE Gerald Washington Per V-Text.

Comment

• madness
      • Apr 2003

Re: J. Bell, Costanzo, Faletoese, Ward and G. Washington cut

Costanzo? NOOO! There goes my signed napkin.

Comment

• TheMan08
        Knocks only the living.
        • Oct 2008

Re: J. Bell, Costanzo, Faletoese, Ward and G. Washington cut

They all are bums.

Comment

• yordad
          • Dec 2007

Re: The Buffalo Bills Waive:

I thought Bell was a practice squad candidate. Guess not.
          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• The Spaz
            • Mar 2003

Re: J. Bell, Costanzo, Faletoese, Ward and G. Washington cut (merged)

Good to see Costanzo gone. Now cut Corto and start fielding some real LB's.

Comment

• madness
              • Apr 2003

Waived players would have been in numbers game

By Chris Brown - Posted June 11th, 2009
              Of the five players that were waived by the Bills this afternoon, there wasn’t one that would not have been caught in a numbers game at his position.
              Blake Costanzo was a solid special teams player, but at linebacker right or wrong he had about eight fellow linebackers ahead of him on the depth chart.
              For the other players it was much the same case. Cornerback Kyle Ward’s chances were limited with two draft picks at the same position (C. Harris, Lankster) and a lot of experienced talent as well (McGee, McKelvin, Youboty, Corner, Florence).
              Same goes for OT Joel Bell, who was the team’s fifth or sixth offensive tackle. The Bills have three reserve tackles with playing experience already in Demetrius Bell, Kirk Chambers and Jonathan Scott.
              DLs John Faletoese and Gerald Washington were also buried on the depth chart as they ran with the third team defense all spring.
              With the roster count at 75 and eight draft picks that don’t count until signed, the Bills will have to make room for three more draft picks when signings draw nearer.

Comment

• madness
                • Apr 2003

Costanzo axed

Linebacker Blake Costanzo, who led the Bills in special teams tackles last season, was among five players released by the team today. Also cut were tackle Joel Bell, defensive tackle John Faletoese, defensive back Kyle Ward and defensive end Gerald Washington. Costanzo joined the Bills in December 2007 and was a mainstay on the special teams units. He had a team-high 26 tackles in kick coverage.
                The Bills were at the limit of 80 players but that does not count their drafted rookies, who are unsigned. Room had to be made for those players. Costanzo had been practicing this spring with the third-teamers on the strong side. The Bills have more competition at linebacker than they had during the regular season last year, due to the drafting of Nic Harris in the fifth round this year, the return from injury of Alvin Bowen, a fifth-round pick in 2008, and the signing of free-agent Pat Thomas from Kansas City. They would have had even more if they could have inked free-agent Pisa Tinoisamoa, but he opted to join Chicago. The release of Costanzo is a slight help to Orchard Park native Jon Corto in his bid to win a backup linebacker spot again this year since Costanzo, like Corto, is primarily a special teamer.
                ---Mark Gaughan

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

They must be clearing the way to sign Peppers!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                    Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

So we're cutting OTs and DEs yet we keep like 11 CBs. Makes sense to me!

Comment

• circlethewagons
                      • Dec 2005

Sounds like there making room for our draft picks. We were at exactly 80 players - the maximum number the roster can have in the off season which doesn't include our draft picks since there not under contract.

Comment

• TigerJ
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                        So we're cutting OTs and DEs yet we keep like 11 CBs. Makes sense to me!
                        Well, they did cut a DB too.
                        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

I was surprised at how early Bell (who I, like Yordad, thought was a good PS candidate) and Costanzo, who was with us all of last year, were released.

I think it indicates that our talent level is quite a bit better than last year.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• mybills
                            81 st zoner
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz
                            Good to see Costanzo gone. Now cut Corto and start fielding some real LB's.
                            You don't like Corto? I didn't think he was that bad. Didn't they cut him before then bring him back again? If so, there's got to be something they like about him.
                            Last edited by mybills; 06-12-2009, 07:21 AM.
                            I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                              • May 2003

Originally posted by mybills
                              You don't like Corto? I didn't think he was that bad. Didn't they cut him before then bring him back again? If so, there's got to be something they like about him.
                              I think the Bills are going for the Orchard Park ticket buyers, since that's Corto's hometown. I like him too, though, but I don't think he'll survive the competition from Harris, Bowen, Palmer et. al.
                              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                              X