PDA

View Full Version : Crowell suffers setback

madness
06-12-2009, 12:46 PM
Questions remain for Tampa Bay's linebackers

TAMPA - The situation at linebacker for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers is nowhere near as settled as it once seemed.

The Bucs were hoping free agent signee Angelo Crowell would fill that spot, and he still may. Crowell, however, recently suffered a setback in his return from left knee surgery and that has created an opening at his spot.
"That one will be decided at training camp,'' Bucs linebackers coach Joe Barry said of the starter's job at strongside backer. "Angelo is still there, but we're looking at Quincy Black, and Geno Hayes is working there, too.''
The Bucs are very high on Black and Hayes, but they've been holding out hope that Crowell would regain not only his health but the form he showed when he led the Bills in tackles with 126 in 2007.
Crowell made a lot of those tackles while nursing a sore left knee, and he finally put himself on the shelf in the summer of 2008 when he opted to have season-ending knee surgery just prior to the start of the regular season.
The severity of the setback Crowell suffered is not known, but he has been on the field for most, if not all, of the team's voluntary workouts the last two weeks, Barry said.
With Crowell's knee problem a lingering concern, though, the competition for playing time at the strongside linebacker spot is wide open, and there's a good chance it will stay that way through camp and into the regular season.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/jun/11/questions-remain-tampa-bays-linebackers/sports-bucs/

Pinkerton Security
06-12-2009, 12:47 PM
well, makes me feel better about us letting him walk.

SeatownBillsFan21
06-12-2009, 12:49 PM
Not good for Crow huh now our FO looks good as far as Crow goes

justasportsfan
06-12-2009, 12:50 PM
bring him in.

madness
06-12-2009, 12:50 PM
It looks like Tampa will be lucky to get a full season out of him. Only 1 full season under his belt ('07 and wasn't even 100%) and it looks like he probably never match that again. That's a shame.

Tatonka
06-12-2009, 12:54 PM
what setback? it says he has been on the field for basically everything

Captain gameboy
06-12-2009, 12:58 PM
Ya. I don't get it either.

Re Crowell, he was a legitimate starting lb in the NFL.

Nothing special.

Typical UVA guy.

Reliable and very smart, but not the focus of any highlight film.

Jan Reimers
06-12-2009, 01:04 PM
It just sounds like he's not at 100%, either because he reinjured the knee or it's still not back to full mobility, since they're looking at a couple of other players there.

madness
06-12-2009, 01:06 PM
what setback? it says he has been on the field for basically everything

cause and effect

SeatownBillsFan21
06-12-2009, 01:22 PM
Hes not the same player that he once was that is the setback.

The Juice Is Loose
06-12-2009, 01:57 PM
How about the set back is losing his grip on the starting spot.

Duh.

Everybody beats the hell outta this front office but alot of the guys they let go really have quiet careers. Nate was lousy last year (gave up 200+ to our new cancer WR), Leonard I'm sorry but he was in the right place at the right time and then he moved on anyway. Bannan, another guy who just chose the right place to go. Being surrounded by all pro's is a great way to help a guy with his career. Other than Winfield and Williams nobody that's left here has gone on to do squat. Jennings is another one. McGahee couldn't hold of a FB for his spot. Crowell isn't gonna do squat. I'm not worried about JP putting anything up.

Maybe they are underagressive in free agency. I can see that sometimes. They also probably are in the bottom half of the league in draft pick batting average. But as far as knowing when to let a guy walk, they sure know that.

I'll never forgive them for Whitner over Cutler/Ngata.

TheMan08
06-12-2009, 04:03 PM
Or JP Losman over Karlos Dansby

Mr. Pink
06-12-2009, 04:21 PM
And I thought Crowell was so great?

That's what people around here tried to say, at least.

trapezeus
06-12-2009, 04:26 PM
perhaps this is the first piece of good news that the bills fortunes are slowly turning.

HHURRICANE
06-12-2009, 07:41 PM
I'm not sure wher it said he was still hurt or re-injured.

However, if he is I'll be the first to admit that I was wrong.

Patti120
06-12-2009, 08:27 PM
too bad. Hope he recovers and has a good career. Of course we hope he sucks in any games he may play against the bills but ya gotta hope he can come back and regain his prior form.

Goobylal
06-12-2009, 09:24 PM
I'm not sure wher it said he was still hurt or re-injured.

However, if he is I'll be the first to admit that I was wrong.
Here:
Crowell, however, recently suffered a setback in his return from left knee surgery and that has created an opening at his spot.

lmcshadow
06-12-2009, 09:36 PM
..........................................:candle: ..........................................................

Typ0
06-13-2009, 12:12 PM
remember the bills asked this jerk to have the surgery two winters ago and he refused to get to the cuttoff for getting paid and then the next day he went and had the surgery. AC knew the odds were against his ever returning to the same form he was at. Now he's going to be a backup if lucky and he'll never collect the paycheck he collected from the Bills last year. They did the right thing by cutting him lose to send a message to the whole team that this type of crap is going to hurt the whole team and it won't be stood for.

Captain gameboy
06-13-2009, 01:45 PM
I have never thought that Angelo Crowell was as good as people on this site seemed to, but one thing I do know, he is not a jerk.

Typ0
06-13-2009, 10:07 PM
I have never thought that Angelo Crowell was as good as people on this site seemed to, but one thing I do know, he is not a jerk.

then the organization is a jerk because someone got jerked off.

BertSquirtgum
06-13-2009, 10:41 PM
this poop head jerked the bills around last training camp. then screwed them before the season. f him. he is going to suck balls. who cares

SeatownBillsFan21
06-14-2009, 04:03 AM
He would still start for our team

Goobylal
06-14-2009, 01:19 PM
He would still start for our team
Doubtful. The Bills were never enamored with him to begin with, and now he's still hurt. If the Bills really thought he was a good player, they would never have IR'd him last year.

DynaPaul
06-16-2009, 04:12 PM
It might take Crowell another year just to get that knee healed. He'll probably be a bit slow this year.