PDA

View Full Version : living in p-burgh

kscdogbillsfan1221
06-13-2009, 05:25 AM
God, this is annoying. Watching Sidney Crosby hoist the Stanley Cup, as a western NY native living in pittsburgh, it's so frustrating to watch this city win championship after championship. I wish we knew what this felt like!

SabreEleven
06-13-2009, 06:29 AM
One day this will be Buffalo.

Goobylal
06-13-2009, 07:36 AM
The Pens picked 1st or 2nd from 2003-2006, acquiring Fleury, Malkin, Crosby, and Staal.

Dujek
06-13-2009, 08:26 AM
Though mainly they won it because Bettman said they had to win this year and the officials have been giving them everything all year.

**** the Penguins, and **** Sindy.

Nighthawk
06-13-2009, 11:49 AM
It did seem that there was some intervention on the league's part on which way that series was going to go. The refereeing was some of the worst I've ever seen...and it definitely helped Pittsburgh.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
06-13-2009, 12:12 PM
thats ok. now that detroit lost the stanley Cup, Obama will step in and buy 60% of the team and it will be govt run just like the rest of the state :)

billsburgh
06-13-2009, 12:39 PM
It did seem that there was some intervention on the league's part on which way that series was going to go. The refereeing was some of the worst I've ever seen...and it definitely helped Pittsburgh.

Though mainly they won it because Bettman said they had to win this year and the officials have been giving them everything all year.

jealousy rears it's ugly head.

Goobylal
06-13-2009, 01:08 PM
The first Pens goal was off a missed icing call.

Nighthawk
06-13-2009, 01:20 PM
jealousy rears it's ugly head.

Honestly, I could care less and you are clueless. I'm just pointing out what anybody who knows hockey could see.

OpIv37
06-13-2009, 02:26 PM
thats ok. now that detroit lost the stanley Cup, Obama will step in and buy 60% of the team and it will be govt run just like the rest of the state :)

I wish he'd step in and bail out the Bills and the Sabres. They're so poorly managed that I think even the government could do a better job. Hell, I'd even be willing to give FEMA's "Brownie" a chance at being in charge.

JD
06-13-2009, 07:11 PM
You guys do know we have a Sabres boad here, right? It's hard to tell as we'e SHUNNED! A SabresZone link would look nice next to "BillsZone" at the top. Maybe replace the BZ on MySpace link? :eb:

MySpace is so 2006.

LtFinFan66
06-13-2009, 09:27 PM

**** the Penguins, and **** Sindy.:cry:

LtFinFan66
06-13-2009, 09:29 PM
do you guys ever give credit where credit is due? It's really sad:shakeno:

thenry20
06-13-2009, 10:03 PM
I saw this series and I don't remember any calls going the Pens way. After game 5 you could tell the Wings were dead tired and their lack of scroring really showed. They didn't have many chances from here on out. I wouldn't be surprised if that team is blown up and an influx of youth starts this offseason.

Nighthawk
06-13-2009, 11:22 PM
I saw this series and I don't remember any calls going the Pens way. After game 5 you could tell the Wings were dead tired and their lack of scroring really showed. They didn't have many chances from here on out. I wouldn't be surprised if that team is blown up and an influx of youth starts this offseason.

I guess you weren't watching the 2009 Stanley Cup...you must have been watching the 2008 playoffs!

SeatownBillsFan21
06-14-2009, 03:59 AM
Dude ALL sports are RIGED remember the Dallas game 6 that was no goal but the NHL felt no need to look at a goal they had looked at all year and felt it was just easier to give the Stars the cup.Soon our luck WILL change and i will be there when it does and if not my kids will. GO all Buffalo Sports.

SabreEleven
06-14-2009, 06:11 AM
Dude ALL sports are RIGED remember the Dallas game 6 that was no goal but the NHL felt no need to look at a goal they had looked at all year and felt it was just easier to give the Stars the cup.Soon our luck WILL change and i will be there when it does and if not my kids will. GO all Buffalo Sports.

I don't remember that.

thenry20
06-14-2009, 08:20 PM
I guess you weren't watching the 2009 Stanley Cup...you must have been watching the 2008 playoffs!

Oh I watched it all!!! Please compare this Wings team to last year's. Ya, I thought so. Last year they absolutely dominated and never looked tired.

billsburgh
06-14-2009, 09:22 PM
game 7, the pens had more penalty minutes than the wings. how is that the refs handing the pens the game?

LtFinFan66
06-14-2009, 09:33 PM
(Pens)30 penalty calls to (Wings)18 for the series

ServoBillieves
06-15-2009, 12:32 PM
I live in Pittsburgh too. My stage name in stand up is Buffalo. Come see me tomorrow at the Funny Bone at Station Square, where I will probably be chased with pitchforks and torches after I talk about the series.

Nighthawk
06-15-2009, 05:56 PM
(Pens)30 penalty calls to (Wings)18 for the series

It's not necessarily the amount of the calls, but when or when not that they're called. Come on man, seriously?

Nighthawk
06-15-2009, 05:57 PM
game 7, the pens had more penalty minutes than the wings. how is that the refs handing the pens the game?

For the record, who stated that the refs handed the Pens game 7??? Yeah, but nice try.

ServoBillieves
06-15-2009, 06:01 PM
It's not necessarily the amount of the calls, but when or when not that they're called. Come on man, seriously?

Still a telling statistic. Not necessarily saying that they were handed the cup (which, from what I saw they sort of were...) but also could be a testament to which team was the most tired.

Night Train
06-15-2009, 06:19 PM
You suck for living there.

:sarcasm2:

Nighthawk
06-15-2009, 07:28 PM
Still a telling statistic. Not necessarily saying that they were handed the cup (which, from what I saw they sort of were...) but also could be a testament to which team was the most tired.

I'm not saying they were handed the cup, but they did get some help. Hey, I'd be OK with the NHL or NFL feeling the need to "help" the Sabres or Bills win a championship!

Mr. Pink
06-15-2009, 07:36 PM
:rofl:

They weren't handed anything, they were clearly the better team over a 7 game series.

Detroit look tired, listless and had no urgency in either game 6 or 7.

If anything, the only ones who handed the Pens the cup were the Detroit Red Wings themselves.

Then again the Red Wings were a bunch of crybabies after the series "oh the celebrated too much...Lidstrom had his feelings hurt." wah wah wah

billsburgh
06-15-2009, 07:40 PM
For the record, who stated that the refs handed the Pens game 7??? Yeah, but nice try.

you for one............

raphael120
06-16-2009, 12:30 AM
How you can hate on Pittsburgh for winning anything is beyond me.

While my family is from Buffalo, I was raised in Pittsburgh and it's a town not unlike Buffalo in that it's small, blue collar, hard working people who pride themselves on good food and it's teams.

If anything, it makes me more pissed at the teams in Buffalo because Pittsburgh is around the same market size and they're getting stuff done with their limited resources meanwhile Buffalo is bumbling in mediocrity, desperately trying to copy Pittsburgh, hence why we got Mularkey and Donadope. Both hired away from the Steelers.

BTW, i think the Penguins winning is great for hockey. not too long ago there were rumors flying around about the team moving to Oklahoma City, and now look at them. Having the first pick in the draft 2 years in a row helps also.

Dujek
06-16-2009, 06:56 AM
The penalty calls one way or another probably didn't make any difference in the series.

Having Malkin available for game 3 when he should have been suspended made a huge difference to the series however, and it's BS like that that makes everyone believe that the league were in Pittsburgh's corner.

Mr. Pink
06-16-2009, 06:59 AM
The penalty calls one way or another probably didn't make any difference in the series.

Having Malkin available for game 3 when he should have been suspended made a huge difference to the series however, and it's BS like that that makes everyone believe that the league were in Pittsburgh's corner.

Except Malkin didn't do anything at all really offensively during the series anyways.

ghz in pittsburgh
06-16-2009, 08:24 AM
I'm not a hockey junky but I actually met some Penguin players at Figure skating events. From my view point, Game 5 is the turning point. Detroit played the series like a 5 game series and they went all out in that game (Had Stall not scoring the short handed goal in Game 4, I have no doubt that it is a 5 game series). Secondly Flurry got embarrased in that game - history has it that for a guy like Flurry who can be super good or super stupid - time is just right for him to make up for that in the next two games.

mybills
06-16-2009, 08:28 AM
Why is a hockey thread in this forum? :idunno:

Nighthawk
06-16-2009, 11:44 AM
you for one............

Yet again, toolbox...I never said they handed the Pens game 7! I said they had a hand in the turning and the eventual result of the series. Get an f'n clue!

SabreEleven
06-17-2009, 11:02 PM
How you can hate on Pittsburgh for winning anything is beyond me.

While my family is from Buffalo, I was raised in Pittsburgh and it's a town not unlike Buffalo in that it's small, blue collar, hard working people who pride themselves on good food and it's teams.

If anything, it makes me more pissed at the teams in Buffalo because Pittsburgh is around the same market size and they're getting stuff done with their limited resources meanwhile Buffalo is bumbling in mediocrity, desperately trying to copy Pittsburgh, hence why we got Mularkey and Donadope. Both hired away from the Steelers.

BTW, i think the Penguins winning is great for hockey. not too long ago there were rumors flying around about the team moving to Oklahoma City, and now look at them. Having the first pick in the draft 2 years in a row helps also.

It is easy to hate Pittsburgh, they aren't Buffalo.

Plus it also helps when Bettman rigs the draft to the Penguins can get Cindy.