PDA

View Full Version : Another Chris Brown comment

X-Era
06-15-2009, 05:12 PM
I love this one:

"Ellis Lankster - The consistency isn’t there yet in his game, but what rookie with all of 18 NFL practices under his belt in a new scheme is a consistent player? Lankster made plays on the ball often enough to open some eyes. If that continues in camp he could have a legit chance at the 53-man roster."

Wow! Seriously? You mean he could even make the 53 man roster?

Thats great, that way we didn't waste a draft pick. :rolleyes:

ServoBillieves
06-15-2009, 05:18 PM
Hmm... So we'd have McGee, McKelvin, Youboty, Corner, Florence, and Lankster would be the 6? Not upset with that... but we'd be looking at 12 DB's on the team most likely...

The Jokeman
06-15-2009, 05:24 PM
Hmm... So we'd have McGee, McKelvin, Youboty, Corner, Florence, and Lankster would be the 6? Not upset with that... but we'd be looking at 12 DB's on the team most likely...
There's no guaranteeing that Florence has a spot wrapped up or Youboty as his injured past is a slight concern. That said it's great to hear Lankster's making plays but a little concerned that Corey Harris isn't.

Night Train
06-15-2009, 05:53 PM
The 9th or 10th CB we carry is paramount to my entire Bills happiness at the moment..

psubills62
06-16-2009, 08:09 AM
There's no guaranteeing that Florence has a spot wrapped up or Youboty as his injured past is a slight concern. That said it's great to hear Lankster's making plays but a little concerned that Corey Harris isn't.

I could be wrong, but I think Harris has mainly been recovering from an injury.

Dr. Lecter
06-16-2009, 08:36 AM
I love this one:

"Ellis Lankster - The consistency isn’t there yet in his game, but what rookie with all of 18 NFL practices under his belt in a new scheme is a consistent player? Lankster made plays on the ball often enough to open some eyes. If that continues in camp he could have a legit chance at the 53-man roster."

Wow! Seriously? You mean he could even make the 53 man roster?

Thats great, that way we didn't waste a draft pick. :rolleyes:

Often a 7th round pick is a PS candidate.

justasportsfan
06-16-2009, 08:38 AM
sounds like this years Digi.

kid mickey
06-16-2009, 03:48 PM
I think that if he continues to work hard he may turn out to be a good player in this league. For a seventh rounder he has some talent. He at the very least could make something happen on special teams. The Ashlee Palmer kid could be a our next Digi.

X-Era
06-16-2009, 04:07 PM
sounds like this years Digi.

Except Digi wasnt drafted

X-Era
06-16-2009, 04:24 PM
Often a 7th round pick is a PS candidate.

Actually, we have cut more than one draftee under Dick.

CJ Ah You was cut in his rookie year
As was Kennard Cox

Those picks could have been used to move up for someone with a better chance to make your roster or at least players that could be practice squaders.

Its just interesting that he makes it sound like a rookie could even make the 53 man roster... like that shouldn't be expected when your actually drafting these guys?

dasaybz
06-16-2009, 04:35 PM
Actually, we have cut more than one draftee under Dick.

CJ Ah You was cut in his rookie year
As was Kennard Cox

Those picks could have been used to move up for someone with a better chance to make your roster or at least players that could be practice squaders.

Its just interesting that he makes it sound like a rookie could even make the 53 man roster... like that shouldn't be expected when your actually drafting these guys?

I'd really like to know how many 7th rounders are actually any good.

What's the big deal? 7th rounders get cut all the time.

B-DON
06-16-2009, 04:56 PM
the point is to go from being a good team to a great team we need to hit on all our picks including 7th rders. i hate the " its only a 7th rounder" comment. if 7th rders are pointless then why is the draft 7 rds. lets just stop it after 3 since late round picks dont matter

X-Era
06-16-2009, 06:30 PM

Dont disagree, that why the pick should be more often used for trading up.

Dr. Lecter
06-16-2009, 08:48 PM
Dont disagree, that why the pick should be more often used for trading up.

Except they are not much help in trading up, unless you move up a couple of spots in the 6th or 5th. Not to mention you need a trade partner.

Trades do not happen on a whim or desire.

X-Era
06-17-2009, 05:34 AM
Except they are not much help in trading up, unless you move up a couple of spots in the 6th or 5th. Not to mention you need a trade partner.

Trades do not happen on a whim or desire.

Sure., but they could sweeten the pot on a bigger move, and make it more likely.

Hording picks just hordes players who rarely play decent in year one. That doesnt seem like a clear path to getting better fast to me.

ServoBillieves
06-17-2009, 12:52 PM

From the past or who is going to be this upcoming year?

CJ Ah You plays for someone right now (don't feel like looking it up) and Cox was in the wrong place/wrong time to be picked by the Bills when they had already drafted 2 ahead of him.