PDA

View Full Version : Just out of curiosity

OpIv37
06-16-2009, 09:58 AM
do people here think the Sabres are going for wholesale changes, or do most of us agree that it will pretty much be status quo?

If you think the Sabres are going to make major changes, who/what will those changes be? Who might the Sabres pursue in FA?

Personally, I think we're looking at pretty much status quo. I have a feeling some vets will either be moved or not resigned, with Teppo and Max at the top of the list. But they'll be replaced by guys already in the organization, like Gerbe and maybe Tyler Myers.

BlackMetalNinja
06-16-2009, 10:05 AM
I think we're going to let several of our FAs go and sign a few low-mid level guys to replace them. I feel pretty safe saying there will be no big splash made.

THATHURMANATOR
06-16-2009, 10:43 AM
do people here think the Sabres are going for wholesale changes, or do most of us agree that it will pretty much be status quo?

If you think the Sabres are going to make major changes, who/what will those changes be? Who might the Sabres pursue in FA?

Personally, I think we're looking at pretty much status quo. I have a feeling some vets will either be moved or not resigned, with Teppo and Max at the top of the list. But they'll be replaced by guys already in the organization, like Gerbe and maybe Tyler Myers.
Don't see any major moves.

Maybe one decent Free Agent but I doubt it.

Teppo and Max are already gone. They can ship out Tallinder and Lydman too for all I care.

I hope they re sign Spacek.

Dude
06-16-2009, 10:48 AM
Status quo.

This is the "new NHL" and the Sabres have built an organization tailored to that.

The fact that other organizations have evolved and passed the Sabres is inconsequential.

bigbub2352
06-16-2009, 10:57 AM
They will do the usual crap they always do they will do nothign much in FA, trade no one, and let the FAs walk, over pay for Drew Stafford and then replace the guys who left with our guys from Portland and sell as being a young and up coming team with speed and blah blah blah

OpIv37
06-16-2009, 11:15 AM
Don't see any major moves.

Maybe one decent Free Agent but I doubt it.

Teppo and Max are already gone. They can ship out Tallinder and Lydman too for all I care.

I hope they re sign Spacek.

Two years ago or so, I really liked Tallinder, but he has gone downhill fast. He doesn't use his size enough and doesn't seem to have any passion.

Lydman is so streaky. I've seen games where he'll absolutely shut down a star player like Crosby, then other games where he'll make a slew of very amateur mistakes. He's the master of the sloppy clear.

Spacek's a big pussy.

I wouldn't mind seeing all 3 of them go but I bet the Sabres keep at least 2 due to lack of other options.

THATHURMANATOR
06-16-2009, 11:54 AM
[QUOTE=OpIv37]

Spacek's a big pussy.

QUOTE]
Wait what? He is one of the only dudes on our team that hits.

He does get injured a lot but probably because is always hitting.

OpIv37
06-16-2009, 11:56 AM
Wait what? He is one of the only dudes on our team that hits.

He does get injured a lot but probably because is always hitting.

actually, I seem to remember him hitting rarely and getting injured every time he attempts to hit.

THATHURMANATOR
06-16-2009, 11:58 AM
actually, I seem to remember him hitting rarely and getting injured every time he attempts to hit.
I disagree. He isn't Kaleta out there but he definitly takes the body and hits whenever given the chance. He does get injured too much.

rbochan
06-16-2009, 02:14 PM
Nothing will be done. We all know this. And we will all hope for playoffs next year with the same team.

THATHURMANATOR
06-16-2009, 02:40 PM
Nothing will be done. We all know this. And we will all hope for playoffs next year with the same team.
Even if nothing is done they could easily make the playoffs.

If Miller didn't get injured this year they would have made them this year.

OpIv37
06-16-2009, 03:04 PM
Even if nothing is done they could easily make the playoffs.

If Miller didn't get injured this year they would have made them this year.

you sound just like the FO.

If Miller and Vanek didn't get hurt, they might have snuck into the playoffs no higher than the 6th seed (probably 7th or 8th) and gotten housed in the first round by someone like New Jersey or Washington.

PcA125
06-16-2009, 03:12 PM
I love watching the sabres but I admit to being pretty ignorant when it comes to knowing who is best for the team. I just have one question. Is Lalime going to be the back up next year and if he is, do you think we will get any different results from him? It just seemed that when miller went down we had no chance of making the playoffs

THATHURMANATOR
06-16-2009, 03:17 PM
you sound just like the FO.

If Miller and Vanek didn't get hurt, they might have snuck into the playoffs no higher than the 6th seed (probably 7th or 8th) and gotten housed in the first round by someone like New Jersey or Washington.
No I sound like any semi intelligent hockey mind that followed the Sabres/Eastern Conference.

I forgot about Vanek but that adds to the point. They barely missed and didn't have their best two players for extended periods of time. I didn't speak about what seed they would have had or if they would have won or lost any playoff games so I am not sure why you felt the need to talk about that. I guess you just can't help yourself. Maybe you have an autofill feature that fills in your doom and gloom that you just hit without even reading. I don't know... :doh:

THATHURMANATOR
06-16-2009, 03:18 PM
I love watching the sabres but I admit to being pretty ignorant when it comes to knowing who is best for the team. I just have one question. Is Lalime going to be the back up next year and if he is, do you think we will get any different results from him? It just seemed that when miller went down we had no chance of making the playoffs
This is a good point man. While Lalime was slightly better than Thibault was 2 years ago he didn't get the job done. He had a pretty severe Hip Injury so I am not sure of his status for this year. I know he was under contract.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
06-16-2009, 03:43 PM
This is a good point man. While Lalime was slightly better than Thibault was 2 years ago he didn't get the job done. He had a pretty severe Hip Injury so I am not sure of his status for this year. I know he was under contract.

ask and you will recieve

<iframe width="480" height="289" frameborder="0" src="http://sabres.nhl.tv/team/embed.jsp?catid=23&id=43140"></iframe>

Dr. Lecter
06-16-2009, 03:57 PM

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fetchKey=20092BUFSASAll&sort=hits&viewName=rtssPlayerStats

He was 8th on the team and 2nd on defense in hits. He was fairly physical compared to the rest of the team. He was ahead of Rivet.

OpIv37
06-16-2009, 08:11 PM
No I sound like any semi intelligent hockey mind that followed the Sabres/Eastern Conference.

I forgot about Vanek but that adds to the point. They barely missed and didn't have their best two players for extended periods of time. I didn't speak about what seed they would have had or if they would have won or lost any playoff games so I am not sure why you felt the need to talk about that. I guess you just can't help yourself. Maybe you have an autofill feature that fills in your doom and gloom that you just hit without even reading. I don't know... :doh:

You don't sound like a semi-intelligent hockey fan that followed the Sabres/Eastern Conf when you ask why I felt the need to talk about that.

Sneaking into the playoffs as a low seed is NOT GOOD ENOUGH. We're not talking about the Bills here. We're talking about a team that was 5 wins from the Stanley Cup 4 seasons ago and 6 wins from the Stanley Cup 3 seasons ago. Simply not sucking isn't enough- this team needs to get back to where they were. Getting an extra 5 or 6 wins from Vanek and Miller wouldn't make this team good- it just means they don't completely suck.

OpIv37
06-16-2009, 08:14 PM
http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fetchKey=20092BUFSASAll&sort=hits&viewName=rtssPlayerStats

He was 8th on the team and 2nd on defense in hits. He was fairly physical compared to the rest of the team. He was ahead of Rivet.

Being "physical compared to the Sabres" is like beating your younger brother in HORSE. Sure, you won, but you can't exactly feel good about it and it doesn't mean you can play basketball well against people your own age.

BlackMetalNinja
06-17-2009, 07:29 AM
You don't sound like a semi-intelligent hockey fan that followed the Sabres/Eastern Conf when you ask why I felt the need to talk about that.

Sneaking into the playoffs as a low seed is NOT GOOD ENOUGH. We're not talking about the Bills here. We're talking about a team that was 5 wins from the Stanley Cup 4 seasons ago and 6 wins from the Stanley Cup 3 seasons ago. Simply not sucking isn't enough- this team needs to get back to where they were. Getting an extra 5 or 6 wins from Vanek and Miller wouldn't make this team good- it just means they don't completely suck.God you're miserable... What Thurm SAID was had those injuries not occurred, the Sabres could have easily made the playoffs... End of statement. He didn't say whether it was good enough, or if he'd be happy with that, etc. Instead, you just have to jump in with as much negativity as you can possibly bring.

He stated something simple and you blew it up as always to try and make it look like we're all content with what happens while you're the only one who just can't stand it. Please....

OpIv37
06-17-2009, 07:47 AM
God you're miserable... What Thurm SAID was had those injuries not occurred, the Sabres could have easily made the playoffs... End of statement. He didn't say whether it was good enough, or if he'd be happy with that, etc. Instead, you just have to jump in with as much negativity as you can possibly bring.

He stated something simple and you blew it up as always to try and make it look like we're all content with what happens while you're the only one who just can't stand it. Please....
I don't have time to argue attitude/tone anymore. You want to talk about hockey, fine. You want to complain about me being "miserable"- don't waste your time.

THATHURMANATOR
06-17-2009, 07:57 AM

Sneaking into the playoffs as a low seed is NOT GOOD ENOUGH. We're not talking about the Bills here. We're talking about a team that was 5 wins from the Stanley Cup 4 seasons ago and 6 wins from the Stanley Cup 3 seasons ago. Simply not sucking isn't enough- this team needs to get back to where they were. Getting an extra 5 or 6 wins from Vanek and Miller wouldn't make this team good- it just means they don't completely suck.
You are losing it man. HOLY ****.

BlackMetalNinja
06-17-2009, 07:57 AM
I don't have time to argue attitude/tone anymore. You want to talk about hockey, fine. You want to complain about me being "miserable"- don't waste your time.Seriously, you don't even get it though. You jumped down Thurm's throat with all this "not good enough" talk when that's not even what he said at all. He said with Miller and Vanek healthy, the Sabres would have made the playoffs. He made no further comment than that, yet you have to run him down and say he "doesn't sound intelligent" because making the playoffs wasn't good enough.

Generally speaking, I don't give a damn about your tone anymore, we've done that to death already. But if you're going to try and pick fights where they don't even exist, that's just annoying.

THATHURMANATOR
06-17-2009, 07:58 AM
I don't have time to argue attitude/tone anymore. You want to talk about hockey, fine. You want to complain about me being "miserable"- don't waste your time.
Yeah you seem to have all the time in the world. Don't pretend not to all the sudden.

If I am talking about a particular subject/thing I want you to stick to that exact subject/thing going forward. Can you do this?

OpIv37
06-17-2009, 08:00 AM
Seriously, you don't even get it though. You jumped down Thurm's throat with all this "not good enough" talk when that's not even what he said at all. He said with Miller and Vanek healthy, the Sabres would have made the playoffs. He made no further comment than that, yet you have to run him down and say he "doesn't sound intelligent" because making the playoffs wasn't good enough.

Generally speaking, I don't give a damn about your tone anymore, we've done that to death already. But if you're going to try and pick fights where they don't even exist, that's just annoying.

again, I'm not interested in debating attitude, but go back and read Thurm's post that I quoted when I said he "doesn't sound intelligent" before throwing all the blame on me.

BlackMetalNinja
06-17-2009, 08:06 AM
again, I'm not interested in debating attitude, but go back and read Thurm's post that I quoted when I said he "doesn't sound intelligent" before throwing all the blame on me.

I forgot about Vanek but that adds to the point. They barely missed and didn't have their best two players for extended periods of time. I didn't speak about what seed they would have had or if they would have won or lost any playoff games so I am not sure why you felt the need to talk about that. I guess you just can't help yourself. Maybe you have an autofill feature that fills in your doom and gloom that you just hit without even reading. I don't know

Exactly like I said, he said they would have made the playoffs and doesn't speak to how well they would have done. He didn't say anything about if he would have been happy with that, if that was good enough, etc. You just chose to throw that in, because as always, you're the one that cares so deeply and are never happy with the outcome, all the rest of us are just as content as can be and blind to the horribleness of Buffalo sports.

THATHURMANATOR
06-17-2009, 10:15 AM
Exactly like I said, he said they would have made the playoffs and doesn't speak to how well they would have done. He didn't say anything about if he would have been happy with that, if that was good enough, etc. You just chose to throw that in, because as always, you're the one that cares so deeply and are never happy with the outcome, all the rest of us are just as content as can be and blind to the horribleness of Buffalo sports.
Thank you Scott for staying on target here.

THATHURMANATOR
06-17-2009, 10:16 AM
He doesn't need to re read. He understood my post correctly the first time.