• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Just out of curiosity

do people here think the Sabres are going for wholesale changes, or do most of us agree that it will pretty much be status quo?

If you think the Sabres are going to make major changes, who/what will those changes be? Who might the Sabres pursue in FA?

Personally, I think we're looking at pretty much status quo. I have a feeling some vets will either be moved or not resigned, with Teppo and Max at the top of the list. But they'll be replaced by guys already in the organization, like Gerbe and maybe Tyler Myers.
    Last edited by OpIv37; 06-16-2009, 10:07 AM.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • BlackMetalNinja
    I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
    • May 2005

Re: Just out of curiosity

I think we're going to let several of our FAs go and sign a few low-mid level guys to replace them. I feel pretty safe saying there will be no big splash made.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
      do people here think the Sabres are going for wholesale changes, or do most of us agree that it will pretty much be status quo?

If you think the Sabres are going to make major changes, who/what will those changes be? Who might the Sabres pursue in FA?

Personally, I think we're looking at pretty much status quo. I have a feeling some vets will either be moved or not resigned, with Teppo and Max at the top of the list. But they'll be replaced by guys already in the organization, like Gerbe and maybe Tyler Myers.
      Don't see any major moves.

Maybe one decent Free Agent but I doubt it.

Teppo and Max are already gone. They can ship out Tallinder and Lydman too for all I care.

I hope they re sign Spacek.

Comment

• Dude
        that slimey ass of an admin at the zone
        • Feb 2005

Status quo.

This is the "new NHL" and the Sabres have built an organization tailored to that.

The fact that other organizations have evolved and passed the Sabres is inconsequential.

Comment

• bigbub2352
          • Feb 2005

They will do the usual crap they always do they will do nothign much in FA, trade no one, and let the FAs walk, over pay for Drew Stafford and then replace the guys who left with our guys from Portland and sell as being a young and up coming team with speed and blah blah blah
          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
            Don't see any major moves.

Maybe one decent Free Agent but I doubt it.

Teppo and Max are already gone. They can ship out Tallinder and Lydman too for all I care.

I hope they re sign Spacek.
            Two years ago or so, I really liked Tallinder, but he has gone downhill fast. He doesn't use his size enough and doesn't seem to have any passion.

Lydman is so streaky. I've seen games where he'll absolutely shut down a star player like Crosby, then other games where he'll make a slew of very amateur mistakes. He's the master of the sloppy clear.

Spacek's a big pussy.

I wouldn't mind seeing all 3 of them go but I bet the Sabres keep at least 2 due to lack of other options.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

[QUOTE=OpIv37]

Spacek's a big pussy.

QUOTE]
              Wait what? He is one of the only dudes on our team that hits.

He does get injured a lot but probably because is always hitting.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Wait what? He is one of the only dudes on our team that hits.

He does get injured a lot but probably because is always hitting.
                actually, I seem to remember him hitting rarely and getting injured every time he attempts to hit.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

actually, I seem to remember him hitting rarely and getting injured every time he attempts to hit.
                  I disagree. He isn't Kaleta out there but he definitly takes the body and hits whenever given the chance. He does get injured too much.

Comment

• rbochan
                    Zamboni Driver
                    • Jun 2008

Nothing will be done. We all know this. And we will all hope for playoffs next year with the same team.
                    ...Rob

The American Dream isn't an SUV and a house in the suburbs;
                    it's Don't Tread On Me.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by rbochan
                      Nothing will be done. We all know this. And we will all hope for playoffs next year with the same team.
                      Even if nothing is done they could easily make the playoffs.

If Miller didn't get injured this year they would have made them this year.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Even if nothing is done they could easily make the playoffs.

If Miller didn't get injured this year they would have made them this year.
                        you sound just like the FO.

If Miller and Vanek didn't get hurt, they might have snuck into the playoffs no higher than the 6th seed (probably 7th or 8th) and gotten housed in the first round by someone like New Jersey or Washington.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• PcA125
                          • May 2006

I love watching the sabres but I admit to being pretty ignorant when it comes to knowing who is best for the team. I just have one question. Is Lalime going to be the back up next year and if he is, do you think we will get any different results from him? It just seemed that when miller went down we had no chance of making the playoffs
                          Cheers!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

you sound just like the FO.

If Miller and Vanek didn't get hurt, they might have snuck into the playoffs no higher than the 6th seed (probably 7th or 8th) and gotten housed in the first round by someone like New Jersey or Washington.
                            No I sound like any semi intelligent hockey mind that followed the Sabres/Eastern Conference.

I forgot about Vanek but that adds to the point. They barely missed and didn't have their best two players for extended periods of time. I didn't speak about what seed they would have had or if they would have won or lost any playoff games so I am not sure why you felt the need to talk about that. I guess you just can't help yourself. Maybe you have an autofill feature that fills in your doom and gloom that you just hit without even reading. I don't know...

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by PcA125
                              I love watching the sabres but I admit to being pretty ignorant when it comes to knowing who is best for the team. I just have one question. Is Lalime going to be the back up next year and if he is, do you think we will get any different results from him? It just seemed that when miller went down we had no chance of making the playoffs
                              This is a good point man. While Lalime was slightly better than Thibault was 2 years ago he didn't get the job done. He had a pretty severe Hip Injury so I am not sure of his status for this year. I know he was under contract.

Comment

Working...
                              X