PDA

View Full Version : Nelson adjusting to pro scheme

Syderick
06-16-2009, 10:54 AM
Shawn Nelson going from the spread formation to a pro-style offense:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/nelson-adjusting-to-pro-scheme/15278de9-34db-42a2-a18b-52f9c0f34dd7

bigbub2352
06-16-2009, 10:58 AM
Nelson could be special, im excited for him to be on the Bills

MikeInRoch
06-16-2009, 11:58 AM
I thought he was skipping all the workouts...

Dr. Lecter
06-16-2009, 12:01 PM
He's a bust. :(

Lexwhat
06-16-2009, 12:10 PM
I thought it might be worth reading, until I saw that it was an article written by Chris Brown.

HAMMER
06-16-2009, 12:14 PM
He's a bust. :(

The only thing worse than the naysayers are the wise asses that repeat it constantly.

Dr. Lecter
06-16-2009, 12:25 PM
The only thing worse than the naysayers are the wise asses that repeat it constantly.

And then there are those that ***** about it. They are even worse than the wise asses!!!

ddaryl
06-16-2009, 12:30 PM

And then there are those that ***** about it. They are even worse than the wise asses!!!

but I am worser then all... top that

HAMMER
06-16-2009, 12:36 PM

Riiight.

ddaryl
06-16-2009, 12:38 PM
Reading the article.. It seems to me that Nelson will be used in limited situations his rookie year.

There not working on his blocking much yet, so that will limit the time he can get on the field IMO

Dr. Lecter
06-16-2009, 12:38 PM
BTW, Nelson might take one or two years to make a big contribution. He has a steep learning curve. But he def has the ability.

ddaryl
06-16-2009, 12:40 PM
BTW, Nelson might take one or two years to make a big contribution. He has a steep learning curve. But he def has the ability.

but there will be lots of "Bust" posts from now till then

WeAreArthurMoates
06-16-2009, 12:54 PM
Reading the article.. It seems to me that Nelson will be used in limited situations his rookie year.

There not working on his blocking much yet, so that will limit the time he can get on the field IMO

I agree, I think if he gets 25 catches it would be a great year. I expect him to come and just make some game changing plays. He will excite us going into next season, I truley believe though he will be a stud. This guy was my favorite TE in the draft. But we must be patient with this kid. Reminds me of Tony Scheffler.

bigbub2352
06-16-2009, 01:14 PM
i think with Nelsons production in college, over say someone with loads of potential who never really panned out, like Kevin Everett who would have been cut by any real roster before he got hurt, Nelson showed in college the ability to score, and do it consistently
im excited to have such a prospect here, last time i got excited about TE here it was Michael Gaines (sarcasm)
For Trents sake and FIne and Schouman all we need him to do is get open in the middle of the feild and in the redzone and this offense changes dramatically

Mahdi
06-16-2009, 01:45 PM
Sometimes I think the Bills overestimate the learning curves of their rookies. Many teams across the league brought in rookie TEs who rarely blocked in college and they contributed in their first season.

Dustin Keller is a good example as is Martellus Bennett in Dallas. He had 20 rec for 283 yards and 4 TDs. And that's with Witten on the team.

IMO they should be riding Nelson to develop quickly and get him ready for the season. We have nothing like him on the roster.

ParanoidAndroid
06-16-2009, 02:37 PM

I'm not sure you're using the "learning curve" term correctly. A steep learning curve implies that he is learning quickly. Terrell Owens used it correctly when he said that he is new to the offense, but his leaning curve is steep. It's a graph that shows rate of learning or measured performance versus the number of experiences or attempts at learning. Nelson would still be in his gradually sloping "slower learning" phase. the steep part is usually in year 2 for football players. Some view the term as if it implies having to climb a steep hill, which makes sense, too, in its own way.

Sorry....I'm an education psych/theory nerd.

Mad Bomber
06-16-2009, 03:06 PM
I'm not sure you're using the "learning curve" term correctly. A steep learning curve implies that he is learning quickly. Terrell Owens used it correctly when he said that he is new to the offense, but his leaning curve is steep. It's a graph that shows rate of learning or measured performance versus the number of experiences or attempts at learning. Nelson would still be in his gradually sloping "slower learning" phase. the steep part is usually in year 2 for football players. Some view the term as if it implies having to climb a steep hill, which makes sense, too, in its own way.

Sorry....I'm an education psych/theory nerd.
:nerd:

Hemlepp53
06-18-2009, 08:27 PM
I think he will work out for us well in the red zone situations. He has potential and the ability to make plays when open. With the WR stable we have and the RB situation strong the TEs can have a big year. Lets see how the no huddle comes into effect with the TE.