PDA

View Full Version : Stallworth 30 DAYS in JAIL!!!!!

Lexwhat
06-16-2009, 12:20 PM
MIAMI -- Cleveland Browns (http://www.nfl.com/teams/clevelandbrowns/profile?team=CLE) wide receiver Donte' Stallworth (http://www.nfl.com/players/donte%27stallworth/profile?id=STA280100) agreed to plead guilty to DUI manslaughter charges (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d810d9a91&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true) Tuesday, and reached a financial settlement with the family of the pedestrian he struck and killed in a March car crash, a person with knowledge of the deal said.

Stallworth, 28, received a 30-day jail sentence, 10 years of probation and 1,000 hours of community service. Stallworth had faced up to 15 years in prison on the DUI manslaughter charge.

A spokeswoman for the Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office said Reyes' family has been pushing hard to resolve the case.

"We have been in intense negotiations for the past couple of days," spokeswoman Terry Chavez said. "We always take the victim's wishes into account."

David Cornwell, a Stallworth attorney handling the NFL situation, said he has kept top league officials apprised of the case.

"Whenever it is appropriate to do so, we are prepared to discuss the circumstances under which Donte' will resume his career," Cornwell said.

Lexwhat
06-16-2009, 12:23 PM
WOW! :shocked::shocked:

And I actually thought his career was over.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d810d8394&template=without-video&confirm=true

jamesiscool
06-16-2009, 12:28 PM
Guy gets a dui, kills a guy, and gets 30 days in jail. Got bless America. That's amazing.

Jan Reimers
06-16-2009, 12:29 PM
He gets one month for hitting and killing someone while driving drunk? No wonder there is so little respect for our judicial system. This plea bargain is an absolute joke.

billsfanone
06-16-2009, 12:30 PM
What a ***** joke.

THATHURMANATOR
06-16-2009, 12:31 PM
Well if the family was involved in the decision then what else can you say. They must not be vengeful.

billogic99
06-16-2009, 12:36 PM
Ain't nothin like having money, just buy your way out of Jail.

Jan Reimers
06-16-2009, 12:37 PM
Well if the family was involved in the decision then what else can you say. They must not be vengeful.
The family is probably getting some big $ from Stallworth.

ddaryl
06-16-2009, 12:39 PM
30 days in the hole

and yet there is a person in jail somewhere in this country for 6+ months for being in possession of a single joint

Lexwhat
06-16-2009, 12:40 PM

To me, it seems like the lawyer for the Reyes's family saw an opportunity to cash in, and pressured the family into accepting the plea deal.

The Reyes's family could be just like many other Cuban-American families living in South Florida. I think they were exploited and lacked proper counsel. I've seen similar things happen all the time.

Anyways, just my opinion.

THATHURMANATOR
06-16-2009, 12:40 PM
The family is probably getting some big $ from Stallworth.
Maybe. That is up to them.

Lexwhat
06-16-2009, 12:41 PM
A spokeswoman for the Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office said Reyes' family has been pushing hard to resolve the case.

"We have been in intense negotiations for the past couple of days," spokeswoman Terry Chavez said. "We always take the victim's wishes into account."

:shakeno:

THATHURMANATOR
06-16-2009, 12:41 PM
To me, it seems like the lawyer for the Reyes's family saw an opportunity to cash in, and pressured the family into accepting the plea deal.

The Reyes's family could be just like many other Cuban-American families living in South Florida. I think they were exploited and lacked proper counsel. I've seen similar things happen all the time.

Anyways, just my opinion.
I can't comment on this as I have no specifics or details to point to. Either way its done so I am done worrying about it(not that I worried about it in the first place)

billsfanone
06-16-2009, 12:43 PM
The victim probably wishes they were still alive.

VeggieMan14
06-16-2009, 12:52 PM
30 days in the hole

and yet there is a person in jail somewhere in this country for 6+ months for being in possession of a single joint exactly what a joke

yordad
06-16-2009, 12:58 PM
Screw the family, how do you think the dead guy feels? I am pretty sure he wouldn't be OK with this.

"Oh yeah sure, get drunk and kill me with your car. Just be sure to buy my spoiled children a new Jag when I'm dead".

yordad
06-16-2009, 01:00 PM
"We always take the victim's wishes into account."

He's F'in dead, you idiot!

bigbub2352
06-16-2009, 01:09 PM
i thought the guy who raped a 4yr old getting 1 yr was bad, this is a joke, must be nice to be a NFL star these days u can literally get away with murder
nice job OJ

Pinkerton Security
06-16-2009, 01:23 PM
absolutely ridiculous. Ray Lewis, hell even Marshawn just skirt by the laws because of their fame. Imagine if what Marshawn did was done by you or me....we'd be in jail, but Marshawn got a 300 dollar fine? I got half of that for a speeding ticket.

Typ0
06-16-2009, 01:38 PM
it's sad that the legal system favors the wealthy in this country. People need to be held to the same standards.

Oldbillsfan
06-16-2009, 01:38 PM
absurd...

Jeff1220
06-16-2009, 01:56 PM
Based on a precedent of a case here in Maryland, this is what happened here, I think:
In the case here, an elderly man was hit while crossing a 4 lane highway where there was not supposed to be any crossing. The man died and the driver got off completely free, they determined the pedestrian at fault because he was crossing against the law. This situation is exactly what happened w/Stallworth with one big exception - the driver in the case here was not drunk.
Given this information, I'm going to guess that the jail sentence Stallworth received was only for the charge of drunk driving, not vehicular manslaughter.
So with a death involve it definitely seems like an easy sentence, that is my guess as to the logic behind it. I don't think there are any conspiracies or anything going on here.

TheMan08
06-16-2009, 02:05 PM
Only bigger doushe is Jim Leyritz. Guy killed a lady while drunk. Gets outta jail. Has breathalizer on car. Four times he failed breathalizer test after murder of girl. He never learned. Four freaking times!

http://www.newsvine.com/_news/2009/05/14/2818283-former-yankee-jim-leyritz-fails-breathlyzer-test

DMBcrew36
06-16-2009, 02:23 PM
absolutely ridiculous. Ray Lewis, hell even Marshawn just skirt by the laws because of their fame. Imagine if what Marshawn did was done by you or me....we'd be in jail, but Marshawn got a 300 dollar fine? I got half of that for a speeding ticket.

It isn't about fame. It's about being able to afford top-notch legal representation. Example: My roommate at Ithaca gets a DUI and his parents hire the lawyer who wrote the NY State DUI law to fly out and represent him. It cost around $15,000 but he got off completely - it was erased from his record immediately. The judge was, believe it or not, practically asking for the lawyer's autograph.

Michael82
06-16-2009, 03:02 PM
Wow! This is completely ****ed up! I hope Goodell slaps his harder than this.... :ill:

Ed
06-16-2009, 03:09 PM
He should be suspended for at least a year. Anything less would be dissapointing.

Michael82
06-16-2009, 03:16 PM
He should be suspended for at least a year. Anything less would be dissapointing.
Exactly! :hi5:

kid mickey
06-16-2009, 03:24 PM
The family of the victim probably walked away with a favorable amount of cash and another key element in why Stallworth walked away without major punishment is because as soon as it happened he reported it. He didn't flee, he called the police and told them what he had done. He may have been drinking, but he thought rationally and didn't run from the scene. Hit and Run is worse. You have to say that he at least had the decency to stop. He may have bought himself the best legal representation to get him out of something, but if you had the money you'd do the same. So anybody who says that its sorry that Stallworth is getting off is fooling themselves. It's always been about money, and it ain't changing anytime soon. Just an example I got a DWI while I was driving on my conditional license for guess what a DWI. Not very smart right? Well because I paid my lawyer $1500 bucks and I had an avantage of my Grandfather knowing the Judge and I got off just paying a $750 fine. I was charged with a class E felony and it was dismissed. I got no probation, but I did have to do six months. That was a bummer. I also can't get my real license back until December. I am eligible for a conditional though. The point is every case is different, but the most important thing people need to understand is friends and money. Maybe it shouldn't be that way, but it is.

TheMan08
06-16-2009, 03:43 PM
The family of the victim probably walked away with a favorable amount of cash and another key element in why Stallworth walked away without major punishment is because as soon as it happened he reported it. He didn't flee, he called the police and told them what he had done. He may have been drinking, but he thought rationally and didn't run from the scene. Hit and Run is worse. You have to say that he at least had the decency to stop. He may have bought himself the best legal representation to get him out of something, but if you had the money you'd do the same. So anybody who says that its sorry that Stallworth is getting off is fooling themselves. It's always been about money, and it ain't changing anytime soon. Just an example I got a DWI while I was driving on my conditional license for guess what a DWI. Not very smart right? Well because I paid my lawyer $1500 bucks and I had an avantage of my Grandfather knowing the Judge and I got off just paying a $750 fine. I was charged with a class E felony and it was dismissed. I got no probation, but I did have to do six months. That was a bummer. I also can't get my real license back until December. I am eligible for a conditional though. The point is every case is different, but the most important thing people need to understand is friends and money. Maybe it shouldn't be that way, but it is.

Are you a moron. How do you get a DWI while on a conditional from another DWI. Did you not learn anything? And you come off like a jackoff bragging about how you got off and who you knew. Did you not learn anything? I am all for forgiving someone for a DWI... it was a dumb mistake, it happens it's a life lesson but a second one especially when you are not even aloud to drive besides work and school jeez. You are something else. You are that guy that got by life with family bailing his ass out cause you were a spoiled ....

Tatonka
06-16-2009, 03:46 PM

no.. they wanted the ****ing money... which they got.. a large sum of it i am sure.

still total bull****.

i would have gotten 15 years.

TheMan08
06-16-2009, 03:48 PM

Odds are you won't learn again and will get another DWI within year.

!Papacrunk!
06-16-2009, 06:29 PM
A friend of mine was convicted of vehicular manslaughter b/c of driving drunk and he served around 7-8 years. He wasn't rich. Have money, buy your way to freedom.

TheMan08
06-16-2009, 08:12 PM
A friend of mine was convicted of vehicular manslaughter b/c of driving drunk and he served around 7-8 years. He wasn't rich. Have money, buy your way to freedom.

At least your friend learned from his big mistake. Paying the price and facing time does that. Look at guys like Kidmickey... He learned absolutely nothing because he knew he'd get bailed out thru his connections.

FlyingDutchman
06-16-2009, 08:37 PM
yeah well Kid Mackey is also a racist and a bigot, so being a felon and a two time offender doesnt surprise me

Mike13
06-16-2009, 08:48 PM
So anybody who says that its sorry that Stallworth is getting off is fooling themselves

You're a ****ing moron anyone else would have gotten at least 10+ years **** you and anyone else who to bypass the law.

]yeah well Kid Mackey is also a racist and a bigot[/B], so being a felon and a two time offender doesnt surprise me

Really?

FlyingDutchman
06-16-2009, 08:49 PM
i like how he also said that stallworth had decency to stop....chalk one up for stallworth....

FlyingDutchman
06-16-2009, 08:54 PM
Really?

yep

Kid Mackey- "How can you make a claim of ignorance when that is his stance? You bash me for making a true statement that my friend is ignorance. Use your head. To clear things up I think they are mentioning that the Big O is somebody else, thank God for that, wouldn't want to bring those types of issues to your Kenyan born U.S. President. Have fun with that, while Obama is over in the Middle East begging for forgiveness because the American people are ignorant and arrogant. The effing guy is a Muslim and it won't be long before he shows his true colors. You ready for communism? Hope you are, cause that is what he is attempting. Things are only going to get worse here in the U.S with him in power."

FlyingDutchman
06-16-2009, 08:57 PM
anyways back to the subject. it truely is sad that a man lost his life for an exchange of 30 days in jail, some money, and hours of scooping up dog fecies at the human society or trash along the highway

Hemlepp53
06-16-2009, 09:11 PM
I live in Florida and this kind of out come is common. He settled out of court with the victems family and they asked the judge to accept the plea bargin. Money talks and Buffalo S*** walks...

TigerJ
06-16-2009, 09:34 PM
In the last church I served, there was a woman whose fiance got 5 years for a DUI where someone was killed. I did not think the sentence was too harsh.

In this case there was also a financial settlement between Stallworth and the victim's family. In essence, Stallworth bought their cooperation in the plea deal.

Hemlepp53
06-16-2009, 10:20 PM
excatly. He bought the pressure from the victims family on the courts.

kid mickey
06-16-2009, 10:28 PM
I'm not racist and I'm not a bigot. Some of my best friends are black. Reyes crossed the road where he shouldn't have. He got hit. Stallworth stopped that's more than you can for your very own John P. Duffy who ran over Meghan Sorbera who had her whole life ahead of her. Funny thing is this guy tried to hide the fact. The girl wasn't even on the road he swerved off the road and hit her. Stallworth hit the guy in the middle of the road. Yep, I'm a real racist pal, I defend a black mans actions and I cry foul when a white man runs over a girl. Nice try though. Last time I checked you don't know me so don't tell me who I am. I did six months for a DWI, with no accident involved. Paid my fine and am on my way. If you even had a clue on laws a DWI not involving an accident usually doesn't get jail time until your third offense. You didn't know my situation then and sure as hell don't know my situation now, so you don't ever try to judge me. Thanks for playing.

TheMan08
06-16-2009, 11:06 PM
I'm not racist and I'm not a bigot. Some of my best friends are black. Reyes crossed the road where he shouldn't have. He got hit. Stallworth stopped that's more than you can for your very own John P. Duffy who ran over Meghan Sorbera who had her whole life ahead of her. Funny thing is this guy tried to hide the fact. The girl wasn't even on the road he swerved off the road and hit her. Stallworth hit the guy in the middle of the road. Yep, I'm a real racist pal, I defend a black mans actions and I cry foul when a white man runs over a girl. Nice try though. Last time I checked you don't know me so don't tell me who I am. I did six months for a DWI, with no accident involved. Paid my fine and am on my way. If you even had a clue on laws a DWI not involving an accident usually doesn't get jail time until your third offense. You didn't know my situation then and sure as hell don't know my situation now, so you don't ever try to judge me. Thanks for playing.

WHY THE ****... DID YOU GET A 2ND DWI!!! Not only a 2nd DWI it was worse cause it was during your first suspension. Did you not learn anything? WHY??? I will judge you. You are on your way? Let me ask you a question... If you have 2 DWI's you should never drink EVER. Just to protect yourself and others you could potentially effect. But in all honesty I am willing to bet you've driven with a few drinks in you since that last arrest too.

Buffalogic
06-17-2009, 06:24 AM
You can't be mad at Donte Stallworth for his 30 days in jail. The true embarrassment is the family just put a price on the guy's life and were ok with taking X amount of dollars to make this go away.

FlyingDutchman
06-17-2009, 06:26 AM
Kid-

youre a racist and a felon. i dont want to know you. the old "some of my best friends are black"...first time a racist in defense has said that right? your own words speak for yourself. i dont have to know you, to know what youre all about. read youre own quotes, and try to tell me youre not a racist...please....youre the sad part of society.

Jan Reimers
06-17-2009, 06:44 AM
You can't be mad at Donte Stallworth for his 30 days in jail. The true embarrassment is the family just put a price on the guy's life and were ok with taking X amount of dollars to make this go away.
That, and the state prosecutors for allowing the family, bought and paid for by Stallworth, to have so much influence in this case. The exchange of money used to happen primarily in civil cases, and did not affect the outcome of criminal cases.

This sets the dangerous precedent of allowing any killer with money to bribe the victim's friends or family into pleading for mercy on behalf of that killer.

Typ0
06-17-2009, 06:54 AM
Jan I think you are off base here. The exchange of money in this case is/was a civil matter. In criminal court victims families are in many jurisdictions allowed to make a statement on behalf of the victim during the sentencing phase.

Jan Reimers
06-17-2009, 07:04 AM
Jan I think you are off base here. The exchange of money in this case is/was a civil matter. In criminal court victims families are in many jurisdictions allowed to make a statement on behalf of the victim during the sentencing phase.
I'll just say that the agreed upon exchange of what is probably a significant amount of money during the plea bargaining process (and before a trial) in a criminal case - to the point where the victim's family is influenced to plead for the killer - flies in the face of my idea of equal justice.

Typ0
06-17-2009, 07:42 AM
I'll just say that the agreed upon exchange of what is probably a significant amount of money during the plea bargaining process (and before a trial) in a criminal case - to the point where the victim's family is influenced to plead for the killer - flies in the face of my idea of equal justice.

the criminal and civil issues are separate. When the victims family received a cash payment they signed a waiver not to seek further civil damages. This is no different than 85% of the other civil cases taking place in this country. The only real difference is the accused has deeper pockets. One could even make the case (as rediculous as it seems) that this family is lucky to have had someone with deep pockets kill their loved one instead of one of us normal folks. But it wasn't just the deep pockets that influenced the outcome in this case. Here are some things that weighted heavily in favor of DS:

1) He does not have a criminal record.
2) He carries a heavy emotional burden from this and suffers from a great deal of remorse.
3) Despite his knowing he was drinking, he stopped and called 911 and remained at the scene.

To me, it looks like Stallworth was raised right and has decent values towards other people. It looks like he made a mistake and paid a heavy price. It was something he shouldn't have been doing and it turned into something that went horribly wrong. But, if you want to put this in perspective, Marshawn Lynch mowed someone down while he was DWI and he left the scene and a lot of people have praised him just because he's a football player. Stallworth knows he's in the public eye too but he immediately took responsibility for this tragedy and that caused a very bad thing not to just get worse. In light of being irresponsible he acted responsibly and with respect for other parties involved.

Additonally, this is no light sentence really. He's got house arrest for two years and probation for another eight. That's ten years he's got to stay clean (to prove this was an anomoly by a reasonable person) or he will be thrown in prison. He did not have the intent to kill here. He did make bad judgement about drinking and driving and he's going to pay a price. It's sad the victim is dead but nothing can be done to bring them back. It looks like their earning power loss has been corrected. The foundation of justice is not an eye for an eye it's about finding a place where we can all live together. In this case, the judge did what they thought was right to get people's lives back on track and not make things worse -- which is exaclty what their job is.

Jan Reimers
06-17-2009, 08:02 AM
As I've said, my biggest problem is with the timing of the financial agreement, in that it appears to have had undue influence on the outcome of the case. I understand all of your arguments, but it simply seems to me that when a substantial settlement occurs before a criminal trial and before even the conclusion of the plea bargaining process, justice is more likely to be bought.

I've been a huge critic of Michael Vick, but there seems to be a serious disconnect between his crime and punishment, and that of Stallworth.

Throne Logic
06-17-2009, 10:43 AM
Not if you look at both situations from the perspective of "intent" and their individual character.

With all the "flexibility" within our legal system a good judge needs to take both of these into account.

Stallworth did not kill a man because he was DUI. There is a high likelyhood that the same accident and resulting death would have resulted had Donte been under the legal limit. Donte was ultimately punished for the DUI and agreed upon compensation for the civil side. I think this judge took the time to learn the individual circumstances for each party involved rather than arbitrarily trying to make headlines with some nonsense "make and example" sentence. He took Donte's character into account and decided he could do more good for the community under strick supervision and with 1000 hours of mandated service.

On the flip side. Vick was morally screwed up with his actions. He not only had intent, he assisted with the growth of the organization. His character has been publicly proven to be low. The judge probably looked into Vick's eyes and saw nothing resembling remorse and figured he'd put one bad apple in someplace safe for a few years.

trapezeus
06-17-2009, 11:06 AM
just when i thought the NFL was the worst at handing out justice, our actual US Justice system lets us down.

in the NFL, Marshawn got 3 games for a joint and an traffic violation and his appeal got him no reduced sentence. Brandon Marshall has had the cops called on him 10+ times and some for domestic abuse got 3 games but reduced to 1 after appeal.

I've been raised that if you do the right thing after doing the wrong thing, you don't really get credit for doing the right thing. in stalworth's case, you can't credit him for calling 911 after drinking and killing a man.

As for Kid Mickey's pride in getting caught twice, i'm with everyone else. It's pretty pathetic that you laud it as an accomplishment. I hope that you find the strength to not drink and drive again. For your sake as well as everyone else's.

Typ0
06-17-2009, 01:53 PM
well said. we both also forgot to add that the victim in the stallworth case was also breaking the law (they were jwalking). that doesn't mean they deserved to die of course but it does muddy things up for sure.

Not if you look at both situations from the perspective of "intent" and their individual character.

With all the "flexibility" within our legal system a good judge needs to take both of these into account.

Stallworth did not kill a man because he was DUI. There is a high likelyhood that the same accident and resulting death would have resulted had Donte been under the legal limit. Donte was ultimately punished for the DUI and agreed upon compensation for the civil side. I think this judge took the time to learn the individual circumstances for each party involved rather than arbitrarily trying to make headlines with some nonsense "make and example" sentence. He took Donte's character into account and decided he could do more good for the community under strick supervision and with 1000 hours of mandated service.

On the flip side. Vick was morally screwed up with his actions. He not only had intent, he assisted with the growth of the organization. His character has been publicly proven to be low. The judge probably looked into Vick's eyes and saw nothing resembling remorse and figured he'd put one bad apple in someplace safe for a few years.

kid mickey
06-17-2009, 04:23 PM
WHY THE ****... DID YOU GET A 2ND DWI!!! Not only a 2nd DWI it was worse cause it was during your first suspension. Did you not learn anything? WHY??? I will judge you. You are on your way? Let me ask you a question... If you have 2 DWI's you should never drink EVER. Just to protect yourself and others you could potentially effect. But in all honesty I am willing to bet you've driven with a few drinks in you since that last arrest too.
No, you don't know me and I don't know you. I don't look at somebody and judge somebody who I've never met in my life. I would also be willing to bet you that I have only driven a vehicle once since getting out of jail and only had a few drinks since then. Never mixing the two together. I know what I did wasn't right I even cracked a joke on myself in my original post about not being to smart about it, but its people like you who I don't like who seem to think that if people make some mistakes in there life they are the scum of the Earth and in my book that makes you a sorry individual. Add on the fact that I was going through a pretty rough situation with a divorce and a custody battle for my daughter which I lost because I had a ****ty lawyer than add on the fact that the only damn thing to do in Buffalo is go to a bar and you'll find out pretty quickly that its pretty easy to fall in that trap. In a moment of serious weakness I made some pretty poor decisions. You would be surprised to know just how many people in the western New York area who have gotten a DWI. You would also be surprised to know just how many people that I talk to ranging from cops to correctional officers who do the same damn thing, but don't get caught. I clearly have learned from my mistakes buddy, just took me a second to understand that just cause I feel pain doesn't mean I should go and put others at risk. And for you Mr. Flying Dutchman I really don't like you period. You pretty much ignore everything I wrote and just looked at what you wanted to see. Sorry pal, but serving time in a correctional facility in Georgia means I've probably seen more black people than you did in your entire life. I know these people. My best friend in my high school days was a black guy. When I was incarcerated I mainly chilled with the blacks and Colombians. So buddy you lose. Wanna know what I hate honestly people who think because you say one thing about one person who just may happen to be black or white or any race that you aren't you become a racist. Reality check, in my book it don't work that way buddy. Reality is I might have a problem with that one guy, not with a race as a whole. I'm really beginning to think your a 12 year old Mr. Dutchman. Your brain seems to function that way.

TheMan08
06-17-2009, 04:36 PM
No, you don't know me and I don't know you. I don't look at somebody and judge somebody who I've never met in my life. I would also be willing to bet you that I have only driven a vehicle once since getting out of jail and only had a few drinks since then. Never mixing the two together. I know what I did wasn't right I even cracked a joke on myself in my original post about not being to smart about it, but its people like you who I don't like who seem to think that if people make some mistakes in there life they are the scum of the Earth and in my book that makes you a sorry individual. Add on the fact that I was going through a pretty rough situation with a divorce and a custody battle for my daughter which I lost because I had a ****ty lawyer than add on the fact that the only damn thing to do in Buffalo is go to a bar and you'll find out pretty quickly that its pretty easy to fall in that trap. In a moment of serious weakness I made some pretty poor decisions. You would be surprised to know just how many people in the western New York area who have gotten a DWI. You would also be surprised to know just how many people that I talk to ranging from cops to correctional officers who do the same damn thing, but don't get caught. I clearly have learned from my mistakes buddy, just took me a second to understand that just cause I feel pain doesn't mean I should go and put others at risk. And for you Mr. Flying Dutchman I really don't like you period. You pretty much ignore everything I wrote and just looked at what you wanted to see. Sorry pal, but serving time in a correctional facility in Georgia means I've probably seen more black people than you did in your entire life. I know these people. My best friend in my high school days was a black guy. When I was incarcerated I mainly chilled with the blacks and Colombians. So buddy you lose. Wanna know what I hate honestly people who think because you say one thing about one person who just may happen to be black or white or any race that you aren't you become a racist. Reality check, in my book it don't work that way buddy. Reality is I might have a problem with that one guy, not with a race as a whole. I'm really beginning to think your a 12 year old Mr. Dutchman. Your brain seems to function that way.

I understand, DWI's happen. People learn from them. It is a growing pain, like I said. But my beef with you is how you did it AGAIN. And not only again, but within a freakin year. It shows you saw nothing wrong or didn't care, or have a major drinking problem and lose control easily. Which if be the case, you should NEVER DRINK AGAIN.

And also how you keep making excuses ranging from how many bars are in Buffalo to a divorce to how many people get away with it. You are an adult not a 17 year old kid. I really hope you learn from this and am rooting for you to be a better and stronger person. But in order to do that Drop the BLAME GAME of excuses and other factors. YOU ****ED UP, NUFF SAID.

Mr. Pink
06-17-2009, 04:42 PM
You can't buy off a criminal suit.

Even if you buy off the victim's family, the state is who's prosecuting you in a criminal case. So unless you think Stallworth bought the state of Florida, his name + lawyer is what got him the lighter sentence.

What he did buy off is the likely civil suit, he settled with the victim's families without having to be dragged through court on that part of it.

Dr. Pepper
06-17-2009, 04:48 PM
Add on the fact that I was going through a pretty rough situation with a divorce and a custody battle for my daughter which I lost because I had a ****ty lawyer than add on the fact that the only damn thing to do in Buffalo is go to a bar and you'll find out pretty quickly that its pretty easy to fall in that trap.

you're really going to blame that on your lawyer? maybe it's because you were getting DWIs. and there's nothing to do in buffalo but go to bars? ooooook, cant take you seriously after that.

FlyingDutchman
06-17-2009, 04:53 PM
LMAO...Mackey just said he did time....but I lose....LOL....im guessing your resume is up to snuff and you have your s*** together also...but I lose right? LOL thanks for the laugh

FlyingDutchman
06-17-2009, 04:55 PM
all that comes from this guy is ignorant crap and excuses...but someone else is a 12 year old...? talk about issues and denial...wow..lol

FlyingDutchman
06-17-2009, 05:01 PM
speaking of excuses, stop trying to convice me your not a racist. youre the one who wrote what you wrote. those are your words not mine. dont blame me. or is this just the cycle of excuses and blaming other people

kid mickey
06-17-2009, 05:09 PM
exactly why I'm done arguing with you. I just don't have the patience to deal with some cocky guy on a message board. You think your better than me and you are entitled to your opinion. My stance is you are no better than me and nobody else who has ever done time or struggled. No better than anybody for that matter. So you just keep on thinking so. Personally if you don't know me than you have no clue how I come off. Just your perception and your perception is horrible. I don't blame you entirely. Its really hard to figure somebody out just by reading something they post. You can see how they view something maybe, but you can't see what type of person they are. Your personality though just shines right through. Your the guy who probably likes to compare people and try to make an ass out of people, but in fact you've probably don't have a mind of your own. I don't see your opinions I just see you mock others. I'm done. Go ahead and figure me out, buddy I guarantee you never will.

Luisito23
06-17-2009, 05:12 PM
If I was Mickey, I'd stop talking, and continuing to embarrass myself...

kid mickey
06-17-2009, 05:16 PM
you're really going to blame that on your lawyer? maybe it's because you were getting DWIs. and there's nothing to do in buffalo but go to bars? ooooook, cant take you seriously after that.

Guess you don't live in the area, because last time I checked buddy bars are really a way of life here. Tell me what do you do? Go bowling every bowling alley I've ever been to has a bar and guess what 75% of the people there are drinking. What else you doing? Going golfing? Every course I've been to there is a clubhouse and guess what your drinking. So are you going out to eat? Unless your idea is going to McDonald's than I'm pretty sure there is a bar in every place you go. So tell me buddy clue me in are you hanging out at the mall or are you going to Niagara Falls because as far as entertainment in Buffalo I just named it all, but there's a bar on every corner you could always go into one of those. Oh wait you went to Dave and Busters. Wow. Wait a minute they got a bar in there too? No way.

kid mickey
06-17-2009, 05:21 PM
Too bad I don't feel that way Luisito. I don't feel I'm embarrassing myself at all. I'm being brutally honest. If that offends you good. You can gang up on me, your a follower. The world can't be full of leaders the place would be so effed up. I'm not sorry one bit if my opinions are different from anyone else's.

TheMan08
06-17-2009, 05:24 PM
Guess you don't live in the area, because last time I checked buddy bars are really a way of life here. Tell me what do you do? Go bowling every bowling alley I've ever been to has a bar and guess what 75% of the people there are drinking. What else you doing? Going golfing? Every course I've been to there is a clubhouse and guess what your drinking. So are you going out to eat? Unless your idea is going to McDonald's than I'm pretty sure there is a bar in every place you go. So tell me buddy clue me in are you hanging out at the mall or are you going to Niagara Falls because as far as entertainment in Buffalo I just named it all, but there's a bar on every corner you could always go into one of those. Oh wait you went to Dave and Busters. Wow. Wait a minute they got a bar in there too? No way.

Yo bro, Every ****ing major city has restaurants, bars, bowling alleys, and places of entertainment that offer Alcohol. MAN THE **** UP.

Ever thought about eating without drinking? Catching a movie? Calling a cab if you choose to drink. Just cause there are bars near by doesn't mean you have to go in. Don't ****ing drive... there's an idea.

Dude every post you make, annoys me more. You truly are a lowlife. In my eyes, you are arrogant, , ignorant, and immature. Be a father and role model. No offense but there is a reason your wife left you and why the court took your kids away. YOU ARE NOT SOMEONE WORTHY OF RAISING KIDS. I know it is harse but Grow up.

Luisito23
06-17-2009, 05:29 PM
You don't offend me Mickey, and I have absolutely nothing against you whatsoever...And except for the things said in this thread I actually enjoy your posts.

kid mickey
06-17-2009, 05:39 PM
Yea your right every major city does, but I lived in Atlanta buddy and there were a whole hell lot of other things you could do. Like Music Midtown, vibrant clubs, nice beaches off lakes, tours of historical towns, rennisance fairs, stone mountain park, I think you need to man up and realize that this is a dying city. My wife left me because she hated the area. We married young she was 17 and I was 20. I am excellent with kids. Yea your right buddy I'm a lowlife. You don't even know me. I know men that wouldn't hesitate to beat somebody's ass who put them down and because off that they are lowlifes and shouldn't be worthy of having their kids. I know men who have gotted DWI's who deeply care for their spouses and children they just made a poor decision, but yea buddy they are lowlifes. Somebody really needs to slap you in the face, because you aren't living in reality world. Reality world is **** happens. And its people like you that make people ashamed of themselves and maybe they should be, but you have no right to make them feel like ****, I'm sure they already do, or in my case I already know I do. If its anybody who's a lowlife its yourself. Look what you right man. You don't know a thing about me. You just know I got DWI's and have done time. You don't know what kind of person I am.

kid mickey
06-17-2009, 05:41 PM
You don't offend me Mickey, and I have absolutely nothing against you whatsoever...And except for the things said in this thread I actually enjoy your posts.

Well I appreciate that you like what I have to say about football Luisito. I am sorry if I was a jerk to you. I just have a stance and I will stand by it.

FlyingDutchman
06-17-2009, 06:50 PM
Last thing ill say to you. For someone who claims they dont care what people think of them, you sure enjoy writing novels made up of excuses for all your actions. Real men take responsibility for their actions and dont blame surrounding factors or other people. Excuses is all thats coming out of your mouth so Ill let you figure out what im saying. I never mocked opinions of yours. You mocked mine in that previous thread. The crap that comes out of your mouth in this thread and in that previous thread paints a picture of an uneducated sad man who sees the world in a messed up way. You have this everyone is out to get you and nobody gets you mentality, yet you keep opening your mouth and digging a deeper hole which just makes it easier. Im not some internet tough guy trying to come after you, but after some of the racist crap that has come out of your mouth I obviously dont respect you. That is something i will not be quiet about. I just hope you some day take a look in the mirror and man up for your actions and stop having this "boys will be boys" and "s@#* happens" mind set. Sh*@ doesnt just happen. Dont act like you have no control over your actions. Thats weakness. Good luck to you.

Hemlepp53
06-17-2009, 08:09 PM
Looks like we need to have an old fashion Fist fight up in here. Regardless of what the majority thinks this type of plea deal takes place quite often. I live in Florida and this happens. Now had he been a man of average wealth and been appointed a public defender/public pretender they would of had extreme local media coverage and would of ended up with at least vehicular manslaughter doing 10 - 15 years. There have been cases where teens are drunk and get in accidents killing a several other teens in their vehicle or the vehicle involved in the accident. These first time offenders end up with 7 - 12 years. The most coverage I saw on this case was on NFL Network and that’s due to their programming. Locally if the family is silent the media is silent.

Bravo82
06-17-2009, 08:55 PM
:popcorn:

DMBcrew36
06-17-2009, 09:13 PM
Yea your right every major city does, but I lived in Atlanta buddy and there were a whole hell lot of other things you could do. Like Music Midtown, vibrant clubs, nice beaches off lakes, tours of historical towns, rennisance fairs, stone mountain park, I think you need to man up and realize that this is a dying city. My wife left me because she hated the area. We married young she was 17 and I was 20. I am excellent with kids. Yea your right buddy I'm a lowlife. You don't even know me. I know men that wouldn't hesitate to beat somebody's ass who put them down and because off that they are lowlifes and shouldn't be worthy of having their kids. I know men who have gotted DWI's who deeply care for their spouses and children they just made a poor decision, but yea buddy they are lowlifes. Somebody really needs to slap you in the face, because you aren't living in reality world. Reality world is **** happens. And its people like you that make people ashamed of themselves and maybe they should be, but you have no right to make them feel like ****, I'm sure they already do, or in my case I already know I do. If its anybody who's a lowlife its yourself. Look what you right man. You don't know a thing about me. You just know I got DWI's and have done time. You don't know what kind of person I am.

hey, do you mind if i ask exactly how old you are currently?

Dr. Pepper
06-17-2009, 09:22 PM

bars are a way of life? LOL. sorry, i go to delaware park to run and play tennis, hit up the waterfront for walks with my girlfriend, allentown art festival, taste of buffalo, wingfest, thursday at the square, tuesdays and wednesdays at artpark, canal fest.... and thats all unique to Buffalo. that doesnt even include things you can do in any city like go to the movies, a baseball game... etc etc etc.

all of that and i didnt even have to mention niagara falls, golfing, or the mall, which apparently is all you can do here. just because your sorry ass cant walk around without ending up in a bar doesnt mean the rest of us have to follow suit.

TheMan08
06-17-2009, 11:21 PM
Seriously I never knew drinking was a way of life in western NY. I don't buy that theory at all. Own up for it... nuff said. I highly doubt your wife only divorced you cause she hated living in Buffalo. I'm willing to bet it had something to do with your attitude and "way of life." No judge would give you your kids with the way you present your self and life.

SabreEleven
06-18-2009, 12:14 AM

So I guess EVERYBODY in Atlanta is a drunk and get DUI's on a daily basis because it is a way of life? Sounds like me you have/had a drinking problem and are looking for excuses.

DMBcrew36
06-18-2009, 06:50 AM
Seriously I never knew drinking was a way of life in western NY. I don't buy that theory at all. Own up for it... nuff said. I highly doubt your wife only divorced you cause she hated living in Buffalo. I'm willing to bet it had something to do with your attitude and "way of life." No judge would give you your kids with the way you present your self and life.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing, really, but there are bars everywhere in Buffalo. Like in the GooGoo Dolls song "Broadway", that refers to churches and bars on every corner. They are the two things that Buffalo has everywhere.

SabreEleven
06-18-2009, 06:59 AM
Depew just has the bars, sans churches...

kelly2reed4six
06-18-2009, 08:23 AM
What a joke this is....Vick spends two years for killing animals (not saying I don't like animals...just trying to make a point....yet someone who murders someone gets 30 days??? The espn article I read said he'll only have to serve 24 of the 30 days also. Holy *****!!! This country is a immoral *****hole! Do you know what DUI in El Salvador? Death by firing squad! And countless other countries it's automatic year in jail; and that's without even killing someone while doing it! Sickening

TheMan08
06-18-2009, 08:34 AM
What a joke this is....Vick spends two years for killing animals (not saying I don't like animals...just trying to make a point....yet someone who murders someone gets 30 days??? The espn article I read said he'll only have to serve 24 of the 30 days also. Holy *****!!! This country is a immoral *****hole! Do you know what DUI in El Salvador? Death by firing squad! And countless other countries it's automatic year in jail; and that's without even killing someone while doing it! Sickening

If DWI led to death penalty or a year in jail... I guarantee it would lower DWI cases. People would drink n drive less due to penalty being so severe.

Hemlepp53
06-18-2009, 08:45 AM

Couldnt agree more. Right is Right and Justice wan not served in this case. All one can hope at this point is that the victims family has the ability to sleep at night knowing they sold out. It appears Stallworth is regretful and did the right thing at the scene of the crime. Hopefully this will be the end of his troubles and alcohol.:cheers:

Bulldog
06-18-2009, 09:08 AM
If DWI led to death penalty or a year in jail... I guarantee it would lower DWI cases. People would drink n drive less due to penalty being so severe.

And I can guarantee you there wouldn't be enough jails in the world to contain them. Jail isn't the answer to everything. I like the idea of steeper fines and license plates that say DWI on them if you are convicted. It's a start at least.

As for the Stallworth case, it pretty much makes a mockery of the entire judicial system. If anyone was deserving of a jail sentence for DWI and manslaughter, it was Stallworth.

Hemlepp53
06-18-2009, 09:22 AM
I really like the license plate idea. Can we do the same with child molesters and rapists?

We would run out of jails but after so many convictions we need to do more than probation and forced substance abuse classes.

TheMan08
06-18-2009, 10:17 AM
Bring back Capital Punishment. Torture them while they are tied up. Burn them with pitch forks by the community. That'll teach them to drive drunk and risk the lives of others.

justasportsfan
06-18-2009, 10:44 AM
And I can guarantee you there wouldn't be enough jails in the world to contain them. Jail isn't the answer to everything. I like the idea of steeper fines and license plates that say DWI on them if you are convicted. It's a start at least.
and a pittbull collar that says DWI so everyone will know while they're drinking. :funny:

Hemlepp53
06-18-2009, 07:56 PM
Bring back Capital Punishment. Torture them while they are tied up. Burn them with pitch forks by the community. That'll teach them to drive drunk and risk the lives of others.

I love it.

TheMan08
06-18-2009, 10:11 PM
Guess Mickey is dissappointed. His hero, Donte Stallworth has been suspended by goodell indefinately. They are saying possibly a year or two.

Hemlepp53
06-18-2009, 10:22 PM
Not only did the Commish suspend him indef. I just heard he lost his drivers licence for life.

Bravo82
06-19-2009, 12:52 AM
Guess Mickey is dissappointed. His hero, Donte Stallworth has been suspended by goodell indefinately. They are saying possibly a year or two.

Stallworth has UFL written all over him now :rofl:

Ingtar33
06-19-2009, 01:01 AM
Guy gets a dui, kills a guy, and gets 30 days in jail. Got bless America. That's amazing.

I'm appalled to. if this was anyone else in america he'd be in jail at least a few years.

what this sounds like is a financial deal... by pleading guilty it makes the civil case an open and shut one. i wouldn't be surprised if he already negotiated a financial compensation with the victim's family, and they pressed the prosecutor to "wrap it up"

Jan Reimers
06-19-2009, 07:06 AM
Not only did the Commish suspend him indef.
Goodell has a far better sense of justice than the Florida prosecutors. Given that Marshawn got 3 games for a far, far less egregious crime, I would hope Stallworth's suspension would be at least a full season. And that wouldn't be enough.

Luisito23
06-19-2009, 12:02 PM
Stallworth is a scumbag, and I'm really glad I won't hae to see him on the field this season!

JD
06-19-2009, 01:13 PM
This is an absolute shame. What a ****ing scumbag. I hope he never sees the NFL turf again, and if he does I hope fans stone him to death :err:

JD
06-19-2009, 01:14 PM
Not only did the Commish suspend him indef. I just heard he lost his drivers licence for life.
Seen that on sportscenter.. but luckily the guy is loaded, he'll be chauffeured around with honeys grindin' on his crotch while some dude is 6 feet under :tongue:

ajsdx
06-19-2009, 01:47 PM
correct me if i'm wrong, but stallworth received two years' house arrest, during which he obviously cannot play football anyway. so goodell isn't doing anything at the moment.

TheMan08
06-19-2009, 04:20 PM
correct me if i'm wrong, but stallworth received two years' house arrest, during which he obviously cannot play football anyway. so goodell isn't doing anything at the moment.

You are aloud to leave your house for Work, School, or Doctor while on House Arrest.

JD
06-19-2009, 04:34 PM
You are aloud to leave your house for Work, School, or Doctor while on House Arrest.
This is correct!:madmad:

ajsdx
06-19-2009, 07:45 PM

Ok...even if your work takes you out of your state? Cause he's on parole AFTER he gets off house arrest, so I assume parole conditions also apply.

SabreEleven
06-19-2009, 08:35 PM
He'll probably just need permission to leave the state since it is part of his job...He'll still be playing.

Typ0
06-19-2009, 10:14 PM
I'm appalled to. if this was anyone else in america he'd be in jail at least a few years.

you would be hard pressed to find anyone in america with a similar situation serving more than a year in prison. There aren't a whole lot of people serving more than a year in prison who have no previous bad acts and didn't consciously plan to commit the crime they committed.

Typ0
06-19-2009, 10:16 PM
He'll probably just need permission to leave the state since it is part of his job...He'll still be playing.

he could play if they would let him.

Hemlepp53
06-19-2009, 10:38 PM
he could play if they would let him.

I gaurentee that if he wasnt suspended by the comish he would be lining up in September. I heard on the radio today that several of the Browns players are holding an event for local children. Do you think they will go visit him in the Dade County Jail????
:birds:

ajsdx
06-20-2009, 07:50 AM
thanks for clearing that up for me guys. i wasn't aware that house arrest rules allowed you to go out of state regularly if approved and for work.

Hemlepp53
06-22-2009, 05:42 PM
thanks for clearing that up for me guys. i wasn't aware that house arrest rules allowed you to go out of state regularly if approved and for work.

If you can prove it is work related and its needed to maintain you employeement they have too. He was a football player prior to the arrest and plea bargin. Thats like a pilot getting placed on house arrest for a non job related offense he would be allowed to work and earn a living. Just my therpy in the matter.

kid mickey
06-24-2009, 03:28 PM

Lol. No, he wasn't much of a player to begin with. Always was a decoy. Not my hero, just a topic I'm familiar with to a certain degree as you know. If he doesn't play for the next couple of years, he probably won't ever be playing again. This should be an eye opener for all NFL players because I'm sure there is quite a few of them who drink and drive.

Hemlepp53
06-24-2009, 09:36 PM
he probably won't ever be playing again.

At somepoint after the 30 days are served he will be given the chance to seek modifications to house arrest but the team will be under the gun and i doubt he will be on anyones roster after the actions of the NFL.

Does anyone know of a case in professional sports similar to this where someone was killed and they plead or was found guilt and played again or sucessfuly in picked up.

kid mickey
06-25-2009, 07:55 PM
At somepoint after the 30 days are served he will be given the chance to seek modifications to house arrest but the team will be under the gun and i doubt he will be on anyones roster after the actions of the NFL.

Does anyone know of a case in professional sports similar to this where someone was killed and they plead or was found guilt and played again or sucessfuly in picked up.

It really won't matter. Cleveland picked up two receivers in this years draft, so I am pretty sure Stallworth is done. To date I don't know anybody who killed somebody and was found guilty that is playing in the NFL.

Hemlepp53
06-26-2009, 04:16 PM
To date I don't know anybody who killed somebody and was found guilty that is playing in the NFL.

That's good to hear. It wouldnt surprise me 20 - 30 years ago but not in our current society.