PDA

View Full Version : How bout....

Mahdi
06-17-2009, 11:42 AM
We trade Steve Johnson and a second round pick for Brandon Marshall (Baby TO). Looking beyond this year Lee could be in the same situation of not having a true #2 on the other side and our offense will suffer once again.

Just floating this idea... Having Owens, Marshall and Evans would be insane for one year but for the future, Evans and Marshall would complement each other perfectly.

As for the value of the trade. Steve Wyche just stated on his Q&A that the Broncos will have difficulty getting more than a second round pick and a player for Marshall.

TheMan08
06-17-2009, 12:04 PM
If TO leaves, draft a WR next year in Rd 1

dasaybz
06-17-2009, 12:16 PM
Did the trade work in Maddens?

Mr. Miyagi
06-17-2009, 12:16 PM
I think Denver might want a little more than that.

jamze132
06-17-2009, 12:25 PM
As hypothetical as it sounds, I would do it in a heart beat. I would even be willing to throw in Whitner for ****s and giggles.

Mudflap1
06-17-2009, 12:32 PM
Of course I would do it. But the Bills never will. They have committed to Evans that he is the #1 receiver and is going to be paid as the #1 receiver. Marshall wants a ton of money and this will cause problems with Evans' contract situation again.

trapezeus
06-17-2009, 12:44 PM
Marshall actually gets in trouble with the law for hitting women. he missed games because he "slipped on a mcdonalds wrapper" and went through his TV. No thanks. those guys come to buffalo, and they only get worse. i have yet to see a problem child come to buffalo and put it all behind him and become the player he should be.

And i certainly wouldn't pay him more than what he's earning now.

ServoBillieves
06-17-2009, 12:48 PM
Promising, talented and all around good guy versus woman promising, talented, and all around **** up. Although he's more promising (unsure of Stevie's talent yet) and has proven more, no thanks to B-Marsh.

Mahdi
06-17-2009, 12:49 PM
If TO leaves, draft a WR next year in Rd 1
I think we need to target another DE in round 1 next year.

justasportsfan
06-17-2009, 12:50 PM
Why start tradinng players now? What if Steve Johnson turns out to be better than Marshall? We also have HArdy. Are we giving up on him already?

If you want to trade away players, trade away for a much more needed position.

Yasgur's Farm
06-17-2009, 01:38 PM
#2 and Roscoe.

Dr. Pepper
06-17-2009, 02:47 PM
if anyone saw the espn special on how INSANE brandon marshall is, they would not want to make this trade. when i say insane, i dont mean football skills, i mean stalking women and beating the crap out of them.

jamesiscool
06-17-2009, 03:10 PM
nope. I'd rather have stevie and the 2nd rounder than a woman beater.

MassEffect218435
06-17-2009, 03:26 PM
Steve Johnson has ZERO trade-value outside of Buffalo, NY.

ddaryl
06-17-2009, 03:37 PM
Steve is going to develope into a rock solid WR IMO.... and marshall is going to want bank... something the Bills cannot afford this season anyways.

Mr. Pink
06-17-2009, 04:43 PM
Nowhere near enough value for the Broncos to even entertain that offer.

kid mickey
06-17-2009, 05:54 PM
I really think Johnson is going to be a decent player for the Bills. Marshall would be a head case. We already have T.O. we don't need two of those types of guys at the same position. I firmly believe that a team full of super-stars wouldn't work. At least at one position anyway. I like the core of guys we have and maybe this year everything goes our way. Besides questions at OLB and LT I think this team can go places. You'd like to think that the team is only getting better with experience. This team is so young and it could really be special it just has to get over the losing seasons.

Hemlepp53
06-17-2009, 09:54 PM
We need him for his age and ability. We have TO now but whos to say he wants to come back to North America's Team. Let me try this again... We need someone to carry us into the future on the opposite side of Evan. So whatever we do we need another TOP receiver within the first two rounds. I like Johnson. The video i have seen from OTAs have been good. He looks like he is developing into a solid WR, but i dont think he will line up in the number 2 spot.