PDA

View Full Version : boss bailey cut by broncos

jimbohastle51
06-17-2009, 03:11 PM
he could easily be a guy we target. with his speed and having played in a cover 2 before as well as he played 2 years under jauron in detroit, i could easily see him signing with us.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/17/broncos-cut-boss-bailey/

jamesiscool
06-17-2009, 03:14 PM
[/URL]Boss Bailey, a seventh-year linebacker and younger brother of the [URL="http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/17/broncos-cut-boss-bailey/#"]Pro <nobr style="font-weight: normal; font-size: 100%;" id="itxt_nobr_1_0">Bowlhttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/mag-glass_10x10.gif</nobr> (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/17/broncos-cut-boss-bailey/) cornerback, has been cut (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12608279) by the Denver Broncos after starting six games (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/17/broncos-cut-boss-bailey/#) last season and undergoing microfracture knee surgery during the offseason, according to Lindsay H. Jones of the Denver Post.
Because of the knee injury, which was incurred in October, Boss Bailey hasn’t been able to participate in minicamps and Organized Team Activities (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/17/broncos-cut-boss-bailey/#).
Per the report, the former University of Georgia player’s departure didn’t come as a surprise since he’s not healthy (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/17/broncos-cut-boss-bailey/#) enough to play at this point.

eeehhhhh..................

Jan Reimers
06-17-2009, 03:17 PM
He has a knee injury which required microfracture surgery. He's not able to play at the present time, and who knows about the future. I'd be careful.

trapezeus
06-17-2009, 03:33 PM
last year wasn't there a game were boss bailey was getting torched every other play? i have a feeling his time has passed.

The big question is: Will the broncos even field a 53 man roster this year. it seems like everyone is leaving the team either willingly or unwillingly.

jimbohastle51
06-17-2009, 05:46 PM
if we got him for league minimum or the 1 million ellison is making i would take a flier and give him a shot. i think bailey at 70% is better than ellsion and i just dont like bowen (hasnt even made it through a nfl offseason) or nic harris (massive potental but never played the postition before) as our only alternatives.

jamze132
06-17-2009, 07:03 PM
You could put Bailey in a cast and he would still be more effective than Ellison.

X-Era
06-17-2009, 07:54 PM
You could put Bailey in a cast and he would still be more effective than Ellison.

He could probably be better walking on his hands

Tatonka
06-17-2009, 08:11 PM
boss bailey was never even good was he?

justasportsfan
06-17-2009, 08:15 PM
bring him in

casdhf
06-17-2009, 08:28 PM
boss bailey was never even good was he?Never. He hasn't done anything his entire career.

Hemlepp53
06-17-2009, 09:38 PM
we dont need to spend money or waste a spot on the roster.

Night Train
06-18-2009, 05:00 AM
Let's bring in Justin Timberlake.

I've HEARD of him !

LtFinFan66
06-18-2009, 05:28 AM
last year wasn't there a game were boss bailey was getting torched every other play? i have a feeling his time has passed.

The big question is: Will the broncos even field a 53 man roster this year. it seems like everyone is leaving the team either willingly or unwillingly.Maybe because he needed microfracture knee surgery:idunno:

THATHURMANATOR
06-18-2009, 07:45 AM
boss bailey was never even good was he?
That is what I was thinking. Plus he is injured. No thanks.

Dr. Lecter
06-18-2009, 08:00 AM
if we got him for league minimum or the 1 million ellison is making i would take a flier and give him a shot. i think bailey at 70% is better than ellsion and i just dont like bowen (hasnt even made it through a nfl offseason) or nic harris (massive potental but never played the postition before) as our only alternatives.

Bowen missed one year. It is kinda hard to judge him like that based on one injury.

Mahdi
06-18-2009, 08:54 AM
Boss Bailey at %70 is not even close to Ellison.

I think Ellison's contribution to the defense is a little underrated. He is not a big play guy or a devastating hitter but he is a sound football player and is very smart and good in coverage.

ParanoidAndroid
06-18-2009, 09:46 AM

I think Ellison's contribution to the defense is a little underrated. He is not a big play guy or a devastating hitter but he is a sound football player and is very smart and good in coverage.
Good coverage guy and can run, but he can't get through traffic or shed blocks. I agree, though. He's not as bad as many think. An upgrade would be nice, but Bailey is not it.

Throne Logic
06-18-2009, 09:56 AM

I agree. I'm content going into the season with Ellison starting and all our "potential" players learning. Either Ellison will play well and keep his spot or someone will show that they deserve it more.

I've generally stopped outwardly defending Ellison on this board. He's a servicable starter and quality backup type. He certainly has his faults, but he is nowhere near as horrible as you might believe by reading posts on this board. However, too many folks on here have already passed final judgement.

What I do find aggitating is the constant cries for signing any LB cut from any other team with the claim that it would be an improvement. There is no LB that is going to be cut between now and January that will truly be an improvement over what we already have on the roster.

OpIv37
06-18-2009, 10:30 AM
What I do find aggitating is the constant cries for signing any LB cut from any other team with the claim that it would be an improvement. There is no LB that is going to be cut between now and January that will truly be an improvement over what we already have on the roster.

This is the unfortunate truth.

Same goes for DE. We're staring the season with Kelsay at DE and Ellison at OLB. I don't like it, but unless we get lucky and someone steps up big time in camp to move one of those guys down the depth chart, we're just going to have to accept it.

jimbohastle51
06-18-2009, 12:04 PM

he is not a sound football player. he may be smart but there are alot of smart football players that do not play well. if he was so sound they wouldnt have tried to replace him by bringing in so many guys at his position for visits this offseason.70-80 tackles with ZERO sacks and ZERO int's is not sound, and most his tackles are made after 5 yards, he doesnt blow a gap up or get to the edge and stop a play before positive yards. in fact most the RB's we face are his size.

jimbohastle51
06-18-2009, 12:07 PM
Bowen missed one year. It is kinda hard to judge him like that based on one injury.

bowen shined on a bad football team in college. and his first training camp he got injured seriously. i am not saying the guy isnt talented i am just saying that the kid didnt make first team all big 12 or anything, and he wasnt some stud that should have been picked up higher either. some were surprised he went in the 5th in that draft. everyone is putting alot of stock in a player that really hasnt even proved he can stay healthy, and the only plays he made were on a horrible college team that was getting beat consistantly and had a horrible defense.