PDA

View Full Version : BleacherReport.com picks their Bills journalist

ServoBillieves
06-17-2009, 07:52 PM
Congratulations to Tom Casale.

Anyone who's been following my articles, he beat me out by one spot to take the job for the Buffalo Bills.

Not to sound like a sore loser, but here is his bio...

I went back to college late in life and got my degree in Communications/Journalism. Three months later I landed a job with the New England Patriots as a staff writer. Working for the Pats was the best four years of my life. I got to travel with the team, go to the NFL Combine, interview the biggest names in the NFL and truly live out all of my dreams as a kid. On my death bed I will always remember the time Tom Brady bumped into me on a plane and said, "My bad big man." That's good stuff. lol

I also do a lot of other freelance work in MMA, mostly for Five Ounces of Pain/CBSSports.com

How does an ex-Patriots writer who already works for CBS land the job as an "up and coming" young writer for their favorite team?

A little disappointed I didn't get to land the job, best wishes to him, I'm sure I'll be following his work closely throughout the year and will continue to write for bleacherreport.com and our beloved site Billszone.com!

WeAreArthurMoates
06-17-2009, 08:38 PM
Sorry that you last man, that is complete bull****. Last thing I want is a freaking Pats fan writing for my Bills.

BuffaloBillsStampede
06-17-2009, 10:42 PM
Did they send you an email? I was in that too and I didn't get an email.

TigerJ
06-17-2009, 10:46 PM
Can we get him to replace you here at the Zone? Sounds like he could give us a little insight on how the Bills can beat the great Satan. Just kidding. Sounds like you put up a good fight.

Jan Reimers
06-18-2009, 09:45 AM
I thought your reports were great, HfMVP. I really don't understand how an ex-Patriots staff writer with an obvious Brady fixation got the job as Bills' BleacherReport guy.

patmoran2006
06-18-2009, 10:00 AM
Hargrove..

Some advice. Don't sweat it. If you really want to write, continue to work at fine-tuning your skills and write away.. Get published on every tiny site you can possibly get; may not seem like it but it can lead to something bigger. It's far more important to build yourself a little portfolio right now; assuming this is a path you want to encounter.

I considered the CBS thing myself; but to be honest, at THIS stage of my life, there was no way I was going to comitt to a full-time gig and a lot of 'read between the lines' exclusivity to all your content, for only $400 per week.

trapezeus
06-18-2009, 03:40 PM
Hargrove, sorry to hear you didn't get the position. Like Pat said, keep writing articles here, get a nice portfolio, build a readership, and keep doing your thing.

As for the guy who won, is there some kind of april fools thing that happens in the middle of June. Why in god's name would they give a former Pat's writer who claims this kinda love for Brady? I don't doubt the guy could be a bills fan and that is a cool moment for him, but he'd know better than to write that as he gets the bills writing gig. Something doesn't smell right. AS a result, i am not reading any of his stuff this upcoming year.

BuffaloBillsStampede
06-18-2009, 06:19 PM
Yeah I was also in the competition and that really pisses me off that a Patriots fan won it. I don't mind losing, but it should at least be to a Bills fan like Hargrove.

Hemlepp53
06-18-2009, 08:12 PM
Sorry that you last man, that is complete bull****. Last thing I want is a freaking Pats fan writing for my Bills.
:clap: :bf1: Cant agree more. There should be requirements for journalism.

BillsHound
06-18-2009, 11:13 PM
I'm sorry you didn't get the job but some of these responses are crazy. Just because he worked for the Pats doesn't mean he was a fan of them. Part of being a writer is being objective. You can respect Brady and love the Bills. I do. There is a difference between being a sportswriter and a fan. You can cover a team and not necessarily root for them. I have been reading both of your articles over there and both of you have done great work. Either of you would have been an excellent choices. But you each had a chance to write articles for the position. For people to come on here and say they aren't going to follow the guy and that it was fixed is immature and the kind of nonsense I would expect from Patriots fans to be honest. Keep up the good work over at Bleacher Report. I look forward to reading your stories in the future.

jamze132
06-19-2009, 01:15 AM
This is all part of Belichick's plan to completely rule the Buffalo Bills franchise. Now he has an insider working on Buffalo's dime... nice.

mybills
06-19-2009, 06:14 AM
"My bad big man." :limp: "That's good stuff. lol" :limp: