PDA

View Full Version : Parameters set for Bills to sign 4th round pick Nelson

gonzo1105
06-18-2009, 11:35 AM
According to Rotoworld, the bills have signed Nelson to a 4 year deal worth a little over 2 million dollars. I haven't seen it posted anywhere on here yet so I thought I would pass the news. Good to hear that we are moving along with the draft pick signings.

FlyingDutchman
06-18-2009, 11:40 AM
please dont suck

Bulldog
06-18-2009, 11:42 AM
please dont suck

Way to stay positive! :limpclap:

Yasgur's Farm
06-18-2009, 11:48 AM
LOL... The guy many were ringing their hands over and saying he doesn't want to be here in B'lo... That guy signs 1st... LMFAO!!

Yasgur's Farm
06-18-2009, 11:50 AM
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/06/18/contract-parameters-for-nelson/
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/clubhouse_news.aspx?sport=NFL&majteam=BUF

Bills signed fourth-round TE Shawn Nelson to a four-year, $2.206 million contract.
Nelson, a steal as a fourth-rounder, is easily the most talented pass-catcher among the Bills tight ends. He did miss a good portion of OTAs with "personal problems," but he could emerge as a late TE2 with a strong training camp.

evdawg419
06-18-2009, 11:56 AM
I think rotoworld made a mistake...brown's blog says that Hill, a Houston draft pick, signed for 4 yrs 2.2, not Nelson.

madness
06-18-2009, 12:01 PM
Contract parameters for Nelson (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/06/18/contract-parameters-for-nelson/)

By Chris Brown - Posted June 18th, 2009
Contract parameters are in place for Bills fourth-round pick Shawn Nelson.
Nelson was the 121st overall pick toward the bottom third of round four with the pick Buffalo acquired from Philadelphia. Taken right after him by Houston was N.C. State tight end Anthony Hill.
Hill signed a 4-year $2.206M deal on Wednesday (http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=5345). Starting points for rookie contracts involve what the player drafted in that spot the year before got and what percentage increase is expected the following year. But when players around your draft pick are signed it can also influence negotiations.
It should be noted though that sometimes having a player at the same position signed one slot behind your draft pick can be a good thing, but it can also be a bad thing if another NFL club overpaid in terms of signing bonus money or other part of the contract.
What that will do is convince the representative for your draft pick that his client should see the same kind of increase percentage-wise. However, if that increase is higher than what your team had budgeted it can make things more difficult concerning negotiations.
Still in most cases there is some underlying benefit when a player who plays the same position, and is drafted right before or right after your draft pick is signed.
To this point (morning June 18th) none of the Bills eight draft picks have signed.

Yasgur's Farm
06-18-2009, 12:01 PM
Nope...

Contract parameters for Nelson
Chris Brown
Posted June 18th, 2009
Tags: NFL Draft, Shawn Nelson
Contract parameters are in place for Bills fourth-round pick Shawn Nelson.

Nelson was the 121st overall pick toward the bottom third of round four with the pick Buffalo acquired from Philadelphia. Taken right after him by Houston was N.C. State tight end Anthony Hill.

FlyingDutchman
06-18-2009, 04:49 PM
Way to stay positive! :limpclap:

na buddy im positive as hell. i cant wait to see him. i just hope what i saw on the college field translates over

Hemlepp53
06-18-2009, 07:55 PM
College he worked in a spread offense so it will be interesting to see how he is used. He didn't do a ton of blocking in college but I recall hearing somewhere that he stepped up to the plate at teh Senior Bowl. I did read he is willing to block and welcomes the challange of the change in offense. Lets see what he can do. If he can fit the NFL TE mold and exceed where expected we could have our TE of the future. I am excited he is signed

PromoTheRobot
06-19-2009, 08:46 AM
Only $2.2M? Typical cheap bastards! Why didn't we make him the hghest paid TE in the NFL? That will prevent the inevitavble holdout.

PTR

Bulldog
06-19-2009, 09:06 AM
na buddy im positive as hell. i cant wait to see him. i just hope what i saw on the college field translates over

You and I both.

Yasgur's Farm
06-19-2009, 09:55 AM
Only $2.2M? Typical cheap bastards! Why didn't we make him the hghest paid TE in the NFL? That will prevent the inevitavble holdout.

PTRHE HAS NOT BEEN SIGNED! :cgal: