PDA

View Full Version : Losman to UFL looks definitive

The King
06-18-2009, 01:55 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-UFL-lands-J-P-Losman-various-other-quarter;_ylt=Ajto2tOXYiuMF.NlETsCniJDubYF?urn=nfl,171135

Now word has spread that J.P. Losman, formerly of the Buffalo Bills and the NFL 1st Round, is scheduled to sign with the Las Vegas team headed by Jim Fassel. The rumors began swirling this morning and UFLAccess.com tried to track down the facts. One well-placed source pointed out that roster spots have dried up on virtually every NFL depth chart at QB. The league declined comment with their spokesperson saying that “as of yet no ink has hit paper.”
At least the kid gets to play football for a living. I wish him the best.

Philagape
06-18-2009, 02:07 PM
This is his place. With his skills, he should thrive in a lower-level league.

billsfanone
06-18-2009, 02:09 PM
The streets of las vegas can use a nice sweeping.

Night Train
06-18-2009, 02:12 PM
Jim Fassel will be his coach.

It's probably his last shot to prove he's not a turnover machine.

After that, it's opening an Amway franchise.

trapezeus
06-18-2009, 02:16 PM
the article actually mentions that there are probably a bunch of QB's that are 2nd or 3rd string that aren't as good as he is. but the thing is those 2nd and 3rd stringers haven't taken the field to show how bad they are. Losman has played his hand and the NFL knows what he holds. The other QB's who might have the strength of Losman, just haven't crapped out in a game-time situation.

OpIv37
06-18-2009, 02:22 PM
I really think he can tear up a lesser league where the competition isn't as stiff. His athleticism will be a huge advantage and he'll be able to get away with a lot of mistakes due to his foot speed. Physically, he's perfect for the NFL- he just lacks the head for the game.

He'll be fine.

Dr. Lecter
06-18-2009, 02:25 PM
Is it definite too?

OpIv37
06-18-2009, 02:28 PM
Is it definite too?

I noticed that too but I let it go because I realized trying to explain the difference would be like trying to teach calculus to kindergartners.

Ebenezer
06-18-2009, 03:03 PM
Anybody want to resurrect the Bledsoe v Losman argument...please remember that Bledsoe went on to START in the NFL. LOL.

Luisito23
06-18-2009, 03:08 PM
I'm just glad he's finally out of here, and every other thread wont be turned into a JP vs. somebody subject. :snooze:

TheMan08
06-18-2009, 03:17 PM
Flutie vs Drew vs JP. Flutie Won by default.

trapezeus
06-18-2009, 03:28 PM
Does this mean that Losman may turn the old Vegas saying of "the house always wins" on its head when his team goes 5-11 and lose every home game?

TheMan08
06-18-2009, 03:40 PM
He'll fail in that league too. He'll lose his job to Kordall Stewart.

DynaPaul
06-18-2009, 05:22 PM
He'll fail in that league too. He'll lose his job to Kordall Stewart.

I don't know. I think he may actually be able to thrive in a lower league. He'll have to use less brainpower and more athletic skills. Perfect for someone like JP with nothing between his ears.

TheMan08
06-18-2009, 05:30 PM
The moron fumbles after a great elusive rush. I remember being excited then angry!

Hemlepp53
06-18-2009, 08:16 PM
Anybody want to resurrect the Bledsoe v Losman argument...please remember that Bledsoe went on to START in the NFL. LOL.

Correct. I was one of the few who liked Drew. He had his weakness but he was the best chance we had to get anywhere. I really like Trent and think he will produce for us in the future.

As far as JP goes... 2009 UFL Leauge MVP.... He should kill it in a less talented leauge.

Typ0
06-18-2009, 08:47 PM
Bledsoe was the best option we had at the time. That didn't mean he didn't come with his faults because he did. But they pulled the trigger on the guy and that was good at the time. JP just plain can't play at the NFL level and all the zillions of excuses made for him "because of everyone else around him" are clearly exposed crap at this point. There isn't ONE person in the NFL who thinks he can play.

casdhf
06-18-2009, 08:48 PM
He didn't exactly light it up at Tulane, I don't see why we expect great things from this new league.

Typ0
06-18-2009, 08:51 PM
what a nice place to land. I'm looking at their website. The teams don't have names yet and there is only four of them. They are going to play six weeks it looks like and then have a championship game.

Philagape
06-18-2009, 08:53 PM
My street league in junior high was more complicated

THE END OF ALL DAYS
06-18-2009, 10:52 PM
There'll be a new fan club: Las Lickers

HAHAHAHAHA I kill me HAHAHAHAHA

SabreEleven
06-19-2009, 02:22 AM
JP didn't even get drafted.

Historian
06-20-2009, 05:59 AM
The guy was so putrid thay had to create a minor league for him lol.

Jan Reimers
06-20-2009, 06:34 AM
The guy was so putrid thay had to create a minor league for him lol.
. . .or maybe he's so talented that they had to invent a brand new league to showcase his abilities.:doh:

SABURZFAN
06-20-2009, 11:18 PM
The streets of las vegas can use a nice sweeping.

he'll end up on Eastern Avenue, standing out front of Star Nursery with the other Mexicans, looking to do cheap, tax free labor.

SABURZFAN
06-20-2009, 11:22 PM
There'll be a new fan club: Las Lickers

HAHAHAHAHA I kill me HAHAHAHAHA

more like Loss Lickers.

SABURZFAN
06-20-2009, 11:25 PM
. . .or maybe he's so talented that they had to invent a brand new league to showcase his abilities.:doh:

:roflmao:

Typ0
06-23-2009, 01:18 PM

yeah right, the entire NFL wasn't good enough for JP that's why he didn't make it in the league [yet].

SABURZFAN
06-23-2009, 01:57 PM
yeah right, the entire NFL wasn't good enough for JP that's why he didn't make it in the league [yet].

but we were told that some NFL team will pick him up after he's done with the Bills. i hope you didn't hold your breath.

trapezeus
06-23-2009, 03:11 PM
thankfully the UFL is starting next year. What would we all have done if he just wasn't playing football next year? the people who said he should still be playing would have some excuse, and the people who said he'd be out of the league would never get to prove that he was terrible. The UFL creates the perfect setting for us to see how bad losman really is. He has the potential to rip up the AAA NFL league, but he also had that potential in the NFL. We'll see how he executes.

Philagape
06-23-2009, 03:57 PM
thankfully the UFL is starting next year. What would we all have done if he just wasn't playing football next year? the people who said he should still be playing would have some excuse, and the people who said he'd be out of the league would never get to prove that he was terrible. The UFL creates the perfect setting for us to see how bad losman really is. He has the potential to rip up the AAA NFL league, but he also had that potential in the NFL. We'll see how he executes.

Only a matter of time before someone here claims how great a league the UFL is

trapezeus
06-23-2009, 04:41 PM
well, with all those players with all that potential, of course it'll be a great league.

Historian
06-24-2009, 08:21 PM
I can see the back of his jersey now:

THEY HATE ME

SABURZFAN
06-25-2009, 12:07 AM

THEY HATE ME

:roflmao:

BillsFanInNM
06-25-2009, 09:15 AM

THEY HATE ME

enjoy that now, because once the games start, his name will be obscured with grass stains.

trapezeus
06-25-2009, 10:38 AM
enjoy that now, because once the games start, his name will be obscured with grass stains.

You can get grass stains on your jersey while holding a clipboard?

Bill Cody
06-25-2009, 12:17 PM
You can get grass stains on your jersey while holding a clipboard?

That's harsh. JP is going to dominate the UFL. The problem here was the idiot coaches insisted on a thick playbook with way way too many plays and it didn't take advantage of JP's superior skills. In the UFL the playbook will be narrowed down to 3 plays:

1) fly pattern
2) if #1 is covered, tuck and run
3) hand off to RB

This will ELIMINATE the areas JP had some difficulty with like thinking, audibling, short passes, intermediate passes, and pocket presence. And when the NFL gets a load of new and improved JP......championship!

trapezeus
06-25-2009, 01:41 PM
that would be a feel good story that the NFL would jump all over. if JP does well in the UFL, gets a shot at the NFL again and then succeeds. And then we'd be linked as the team who let JP down.

I doubt that it'll happen, but the guy deserves to have something go his way.

SABURZFAN
06-25-2009, 06:16 PM
That's harsh. JP is going to dominate the UFL. The problem here was the idiot coaches insisted on a thick playbook with way way too many plays and it didn't take advantage of JP's superior skills. In the UFL the playbook will be narrowed down to 3 plays:

1) fly pattern
2) if #1 is covered, tuck and run
3) hand off to RB

This will ELIMINATE the areas JP had some difficulty with like thinking, audibling, short passes, intermediate passes, and pocket presence. And when the NFL gets a load of new and improved JP......championship!

don't get the Lickers going..... :shakeno:

Yasgur's Farm
06-25-2009, 06:59 PM
It's no surprise where SAB is hanging... How's that ceiling poster doing SAB?

SABURZFAN
06-25-2009, 07:07 PM
It's no surprise where SAB is hanging... How's that ceiling poster doing SAB?

:rofl:

acehole
06-26-2009, 07:48 AM
he'll end up on Eastern Avenue, standing out front of Star Nursery with the other Mexicans, looking to do cheap, tax free labor.

Is that where u and your mom go after the liquor store?

SABURZFAN
06-26-2009, 10:06 AM
Is that where u and your mom go after the liquor store?

i understand that it's been a rough week for you.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=2932468#post2932468