PDA

View Full Version : buffalo should move training camp back to SUNY Fredonia

kelly2reed4six
06-18-2009, 05:51 PM
Seriously, I know this is just a stupid superstition, but the Bills haven't made the playoffs once since moving to St. John Fisher in 2000.....0 for 9 in 9 seasons; and they've only had one (barely at that) winning season since being at Fisher!! This will be their 10th pre-season there since the move from Fredonia. The Bills had a winning record 11 out of 19 seasons they had training camp at Fredonia; making the playoffs every single one of those winning seasons! Only one of those seasons was less than 10 wins!

I think it's time for a fresh start!! They have sucked ever since leaving Fredonia. Make the move back! I was just up there a few weeks ago at the college and they have two gorgeous new synthetic turf fields just like the field at the ralph. Check out this link and take a look at those fields! It would be perfect!

http://www.fredonia.edu/athletics/msoccer/soccerfacilities.asp

kelly2reed4six
06-18-2009, 05:54 PM
sorry, there's one turf field like at the ralph and one grass.....still perfect!

Michael82
06-18-2009, 06:05 PM
Sorry, but that's a horrible post! Fredonia was a piece of **** compared to the St. John Fisher facility and Training Camp. plus it's a good way to keep drawing the Rochester and Syracuse crowds to the Bills games.

kelly2reed4six
06-18-2009, 06:10 PM
WAS a piece of **** then.....not any more.....did you even look at the photos of those facilities? it's seriously just as nice as st. john fisher now.....and they're going to sell out games if they're good....period.....so whether they're in at fredonia or st. john fisher people are still going to come to the games when they're winning. all i'm saying is that maybe a fresh start somewhere else could do a little bit of good.

Typ0
06-18-2009, 06:16 PM
this is not the problem...it's that damn blue buffalo.

Ebenezer
06-18-2009, 06:38 PM
"I'd piss on a sparkplug if I thought it would help".

If it would break the string I say go for it.

yordad
06-18-2009, 06:41 PM
I guess where you feel they should practice would depend on which one your closest too.

TigerJ
06-18-2009, 08:04 PM
I guess where you feel they should practice would depend on which one your closest too.

Yeah, since I'm 23 miles from Fredonia and 140 miles from St. John Fisher, it's a no brainer for me which I'm gonna prefer. That said, I know why they made the switch, and my preference not withstanding, it's not coming back to Fredonia any time soon. Who knows, maybe my next church will be just to the southeast of Rochester.

DynaPaul
06-18-2009, 08:52 PM
They should move it to SUNY Albany since the Giants will be abandoning it after their new high tech facility is done next year.

Michael82
06-18-2009, 09:30 PM
this is not the problem...it's that damn blue buffalo.
That and the uniforms. We need to go back to the 90's era uniforms. The team has sucked big time since Tom Donahoe changed the uniforms.

Michael82
06-18-2009, 09:31 PM
They should move it to SUNY Albany since the Giants will be abandoning it after their new high tech facility is done next year.
Not going to happen. If anything, I could see them moving Training Camp to Toronto. :puke: And if they do...it will be another step towards me cancelling my season tickets and telling them to go to hell.

OpIv37
06-18-2009, 10:18 PM
I lived in Rochester my whole life until I was in college- no training camp. I transfer to SUNY Fredonia in 1999- they move training came to Rochester.

Seriously, WTF guys?

Bravo82
06-18-2009, 11:14 PM
move it to Niagara University :D

....kidding LOL

OpIv37
06-18-2009, 11:22 PM

....kidding LOL

I went there too, for two years before I went to Fredonia.

Michael82
06-19-2009, 12:52 AM

....kidding LOL
Don't you mean move it back to Niagara University?

Crisis
06-19-2009, 04:05 AM
this is a losman wins type thread

Night Train
06-19-2009, 05:27 AM
Fredonia was terrible. You stood a good distance away from the field and could barely see what was going on. Some days there were only about 50-100 people there. I never liked that place.

SJF is much better although they should get rid of that stupid VIP tent at midfield on the main practice field and put in more bleachers.

OpIv37
06-19-2009, 07:33 AM
Fredonia was terrible. You stood a good distance away from the field and could barely see what was going on. Some days there were only about 50-100 people there. I never liked that place.

SJF is much better although they should get rid of that stupid VIP tent at midfield on the main practice field and put in more bleachers.

the only thing that sucks about Fisher is that stupid shuttle bus deal. It would be nice if they had someplace where you could just park nearby and walk up to the practice.

Jan Reimers
06-19-2009, 07:43 AM
Providing that facilities are somewhere near equal, the Bills will hold camp wherever it does the most good from a marketing standpoint. SJF currently does that.

PromoTheRobot
06-19-2009, 08:44 AM
The Bills sould allow fans to bring kegs and BBQ's into the stadium like they did in the '60's too, but that ain't gonna happen either.

PTR

don137
06-19-2009, 12:06 PM
Providing that facilities are somewhere near equal, the Bills will hold camp wherever it does the most good from a marketing standpoint. SJF currently does that.

Agree completely. There is too much money involved these days. SJF brings in fans, helps create Bills fans in young people which results in more ticket and merchandse sales. This is why Fredonia will never have it again and it makes no sense to go back. It also means if the Bills felt they could generate more fans and revenue having training camp in Toronto I could see that happening as well. While I love TC at SJF I much prefer the Bills staying in Buffalo for their games and if that means having TC in Rochester or Toronto I would support it.

DrGraves
06-19-2009, 12:37 PM
i agree. fredonia is a much friendlier and homey place for the players.

justasportsfan
06-19-2009, 01:12 PM
I lived in Rochester my whole life until I was in college- no training camp. I transfer to SUNY Fredonia in 1999- they move training came to Rochester.

Seriously, WTF guys?
the bills didn't want to hear you whine? :idunno:

justasportsfan
06-19-2009, 01:13 PM
the only ones who watch camp at Fredonia are cows.

OpIv37
06-19-2009, 01:52 PM
the only ones who watch camp at Fredonia are cows.

Fredonia's a college town- there aren't many cows there, if any at all. Now 5 miles away from campus in any direction except towards the lake: there are probably more cows than people.

The Juice Is Loose
06-20-2009, 10:24 AM
its a dumb idea.

if they go to fredonia, i won't get to go to camp.

plus, none of the players have been here the whole time. the team has been in constant turnover. if your roster is 30% different every year i don't think where you have camp really means jack.

TigerJ
06-22-2009, 10:31 PM
Fredonia's a college town- there aren't many cows there, if any at all. Now 5 miles away from campus in any direction except towards the lake: there are probably more cows than people. Even outside of Fredonia I doubt there are any cows. Fredonia is in grape country. You might start finding cows another 5 miles inland from Fredonia, but not many. You've got to go further inland than that before you see too many. Dairy farming isn't what it used to be in Chautauqua County though.