• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ServoBillieves
    The Voice of Reason
    • Jul 2007

Who benefits more from T.O.'s presence?

I've heard plenty of discussion about how Lee will be a better receiver with T.O. on the opposite side of the field, but this may not be the case. I see this benefiting Evans of course, but what about Josh and Roscoe?

If you double team Terrell and Lee, that leaves linebackers on the slot receiver(s). I think that Josh benefits the most over the middle, but what does everyone else think?
    Bye Bye Brady...
  • Luisito23
    Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
    • Apr 2003

Re: Who benefits more from T.O.'s presence?

If Trent learns to use T.O. as he does Reed, than it Edwards without a doubt....Young QB's always need a safety blanket, and what better than to have a HOF blanky.
    Last edited by Luisito23; 06-19-2009, 07:30 PM.
    "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
    ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
    ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
    ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• MassEffect218435
      • Apr 2009

Ralph Wilson's wallet?
      Last edited by MassEffect218435; 06-19-2009, 09:17 PM.

Comment

• Hemlepp53
        • Jul 2004

It’s hard to tell who will benefit the most on the field with the addition of Owens! One can argue that Evens will benefit with Owens on the opposite side of the field, or Reed will with the 2 main receivers pulling the defense off the line opening up the middle, or Lynch we are now we are passing team (God willing Trent can come out of the gate correct). I think the true long term benefit will be the impression left, the picking up good habits and lessons learned of both sides of the ball. Its not often a team as young as the Bills have the opportunity to have a future HOF receiver that is as dedicated to becoming a better player each season, dedicated to training, dedicated to winning, and dedicated to keeping a high level of intensity on the field (which isn't always good in his case) as Owens. Its obvious that the other receivers will benefit from these lessons but the true members of the team to take advantage of having Owens is our defensive backs. If our d-backs can cover Owens there aren’t many receivers they can’t cover on game day. Day in and day out of covering a receiver at that level can do nothing but benefit these players. Let’s hope the team can take advantage of everything on and off the field.
        @Hemlepp53

Comment

• Hemlepp53
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Masseffect218345
          Ralph Wilson's wallet?
          Yes Sir!!!
          @Hemlepp53

Comment

• Lexwhat
            • Feb 2005

I don't think it will be Josh Reed or Parrish. It will be Evans.

Teams always doubled Lee and pretty much made our passing game 1-dimensional (took away the deep ball). Now they won't be able to do that.

Josh Reed is a good player and fits the role of Slot receiver very well. But he's no Wes Welker. Reed can still be covered by a single player.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

Trent Edwards.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

rb's
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• acehole
                  • Jan 2006

The person this benifits the most is Trent Edwards as lee will not be doubled on every play which will give him options....which we have not had for 5 years running now. It will also benifit the run and the slot positions for the same reason.As we are not a pass first team I believe the improvement will not be drastic...but it really doent have to be to win games. We lost by very few pionts at times and the little bit may be enough. We hopfully can put the "None redzone offense" to bed...maybe with sabers mom.

Originally posted by HargroveforMVP
                  I've heard plenty of discussion about how Lee will be a better receiver with T.O. on the opposite side of the field, but this may not be the case. I see this benefiting Evans of course, but what about Josh and Roscoe?

If you double team Terrell and Lee, that leaves linebackers on the slot receiver(s). I think that Josh benefits the most over the middle, but what does everyone else think?
                  Hated by the stupid..
                  Loved by their moms.

Comment

• Goobylal
                    • Jan 2004

They'll all benefit from TO's presence. It's hard to quantify who will benefit most.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                      • Apr 2005

Not my James Hardy jersey

Comment

• DynaPaul
                        • Sep 2003

The media circus?

Comment

Working...
                        X