PDA

View Full Version : Chris Kelsay Talks About His New Job (interview)

TypicalBill
05-19-2003, 04:14 PM
Daily Schedule

"Basically we're here in the mornings, pretty early. Usually get here about quarter-to-seven. Basically 7-7:30 is the morning breakfast. Then we start working out about 7:30 or little after with Rusty Jones in the strength and conditioning room. That usually last till about 10. Then we have a special teams meeting until about (10:25). Then we are with our position coach from there until about 12:30 or little after. Then we usually go and eat lunch. We're usually done by 12:30, 1:00. That gives us quite a bit of the day to just kind of relax and go back to the hotel where they're putting us up at and review some of our plays and techniques and kind of get used to of the system they're throwing at us. They are throwing a lot at us right away, which is expected but we use the majority of that time to study, kind of hone in on what they're expecting of us. Then the rest of the time just kind of relax because each and every morning is going to be difficult. It's a tough process. You've got to make the most of it and that's what I'm trying to do."

Difference in Workout Program

"There is quite of bit of difference. In college you're working with so many different people. I know at Nebraska (we had) 160-180 people during the summer, and during the winter. People are trying to make the team (in Nebraska). People are already on the team here. The numbers are a little bit limited. But your work is pretty much one-on-one. They do a lot more stretching, a lot more running than I did in college. The weight lifting is very similar to what I did in Nebraska. There is a few different lifts and techniques that they use here. For the most part the big difference is just the running and the stretching."

Digesting Information

"I think any time you can come in a program or an organization like a Buffalo and kind of get a feel for it and then have a little time to bring it all in and kind of absorb the atmosphere and the different players that you'll be playing with and the system that is ran. It gives you a little feedback and a little sense of direction towards where this going and what they're expecting out of you. Then to come back and already realize that they expect all business. They laid it out for us in mini-camps and when we come back that's what is expected. There's different programs that probably jump into it right away and don't get a break. I think it's definitely a benefit to the new players, including myself, to have a little time off between the first mini-camp and now to kind of absorb everything and take it in."

more... (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/index.cfm?cont_id=181945)