PDA

View Full Version : BillsZone Exclusive: 7-9: The Make or Break Number for the Dick Jauron

shelby
06-20-2009, 07:16 AM
Enjoy!

Buffalo Bills head coach Dick Jauron is known as a "player's coach."
His players love to play for him. If he says jump, they jump; if he says run, they run; if he says win...

Well, they haven't figured that part out yet.

He certainly seemed to have things working on all cylinders at the beginning of last season, starting off with an impressive 5-1 record. The Bills annihilated the Seattle Seahawks on opening day, beat the AFC West Champion San Diego Chargers, and only lost to the Super Bowl runner-up Arizona Cardinals in Arizona during the first six games.

Then, the AFC East bared its fangs.

Any NFL follower knows that losing division games is costly, especially when you lose all six, and that's what Jauron and the Bills did in 2008. Accompany that with a nail-biting loss to the Cleveland Browns on Monday Night Football, the aforementioned Arizona loss, and an embarrassing loss to San Fransisco at home in a must-win game, and you end up with Dick Jauron's familiar .438 win percentage.

Another 7-9 season won't cut it for Jauron, and he of all people should know it. After ten years out of the playoffs, the Bills hope that their head coach will at least make it to his second playoff appearance.

The Bills seem to have all the right puzzle pieces, both personnel-wise and player-wise, but those pieces have yet to fall in to place. Assistant head coach and Special Teams Coach of the Year Bobby April always seems to have a top-five special teams unit. Perry Fewell is an exceptional defensive coordinator, and Turk Schonert has plenty of weapons at his disposal in his second year as the offensive coordinator.

So where is the finger to be pointed for the past three years?

more.... (http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2009/06/20/79_the_make_or_break_number_for_the_dick_jauron.php)

Night Train
06-20-2009, 07:20 AM
I don't even think he makes it through the season, if they start out poorly. The pressure to fire Jauron would become a huge distraction.

His last shot, to say the least.

TheMan08
06-20-2009, 04:35 PM
9-7 or better. Otherwise he should be gone.

trapezeus
06-22-2009, 02:57 PM
i disagree that they have all the right pieces in place. the defense in my mind has gotten worse. Same hopes that schobel will be a beast, drafted another undersized, non every down end, the LBs are still not good enough or fast enough, and the secondary, is still litered with guys who might be good, but since there is no run support or pass rush, nothing can be gained.

This leads me to think that Jauron has to out coach teams defensively and that isn't his strength. he might get people ready to play the games, but he seems to lack the ability to make changes on the fly.

I think this season is 3-13 bound. eww.

Hemlepp53
06-22-2009, 05:32 PM
He needs a winning season or its over for Dick. He needs at least a 9-7 season. I say he needs to make the playoffs to keep him job.

Cntrygal
06-23-2009, 10:16 AM
In a tough division with a strong schedule, there is no sure thing for the Buffalo Bills, but Ralph Wilson Jr., the Bills players, and the fans have put their faith in Dick Jauron.

The part bolded in red is probably the biggest part I disagree with.

madness
06-23-2009, 10:41 AM
i disagree that they have all the right pieces in place. the defense in my mind has gotten worse. Same hopes that schobel will be a beast, drafted another undersized, non every down end, the LBs are still not good enough or fast enough, and the secondary, is still litered with guys who might be good, but since there is no run support or pass rush, nothing can be gained.

This leads me to think that Jauron has to out coach teams defensively and that isn't his strength. he might get people ready to play the games, but he seems to lack the ability to make changes on the fly.

I agree.

justasportsfan
06-23-2009, 10:47 AM
9-7 no playoffs, I think he gets canned. 10-6 or 11-5 and no playoffs or playoffs saves his job.

kid mickey
06-23-2009, 10:13 PM
Great Article.

billogic99
06-24-2009, 12:38 AM

Yeah I really don't see how this team is gonna compete in a better division with a tougher schedule. DJ has shown no ability to out coach anyone with a winning record under their belt. Sorry, but I think DJ is a gonner.

trapezeus
06-24-2009, 03:33 PM
who leaves the team first, Schobel or Jauron? this may be the bills version of "if a tree falls and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?"