• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ServoBillieves
    The Voice of Reason
    • Jul 2007

Why in Journalism you can't place humor

In my eternal quest to piss of Patriots fans, I wrote an article that has sparked a lot of controversy on bleacherreport.com.

Apparently the dolts in Foxboro didn't realize that it says (Humor) in the title, so I had to put it in caps.

Aside, enjoy the article.

Fan easier, fan faster and fan better with Bleacher Report. Keep up with the latest storylines, expert analysis, highlights and scores for all your favorite sports.
    Bye Bye Brady...
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: Why in Journalism you can't place humor

nice. putting the bills at top and pissing off pats fans. i don't know what more you could achieve.

Comment

• BillsHound
      • May 2009

There really isn't much humor in journalism. Those are called columnists and only a select few people get those positions. Most journalists do straight reporting such as news and features. Many young reporters just want to write opinion but the truth is it takes years to get to that level. That's why most end up on BR. Not a shot at you I'm just saying it's a long road to become a columnist and most get frustrated before ever getting to that point, especially these days with so few jobs in the newspaper industry. Good luck and very entertaining article.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
        The Voice of Reason
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by BillsHound
        There really isn't much humor in journalism. Those are called columnists and only a select few people get those positions. Most journalists do straight reporting such as news and features. Many young reporters just want to write opinion but the truth is it takes years to get to that level. That's why most end up on BR. Not a shot at you I'm just saying it's a long road to become a columnist and most get frustrated before ever getting to that point, especially these days with so few jobs in the newspaper industry. Good luck and very entertaining article.
        Oh most certainly. I know that journalists are straight to the point, I'm more of a blogger, but journalism was the first thing that came to mind for me when writing the headline for this article.
        Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Hyperion
          • Sep 2008

I like the dig at the Pats. Their 'fans' are a joke. I don't see how you can include the Indy fans in the top 16. Nobody in Indy cared until they became contenders and nobody will care after #18 is gone. One of the most under the radar bandwagon teams out there.
          Titans fan. Phillies fan. Predators fan. Tennessee Vols fan.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
            Pinkerton's son
            • Feb 2006

You're right, I remember back when the Pats sucked, my cousins and their friends didnt give a flying crap about the Pats (they live in Maine). Now, all I ever hear is how awesome the Pats are and how stupid I am for being a Bills fan.

Comment

• Cntrygal
              Visually stunning but camera-shy.
              • Jul 2002

You got some pretty good comments on that site too!
              Originally posted by notacon
              The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Nice article! I especially like the dig at the Pats fans.

Comment

Working...
                X