PDA

View Full Version : Why in Journalism you can't place humor

ServoBillieves
06-21-2009, 01:12 PM
In my eternal quest to piss of Patriots fans, I wrote an article that has sparked a lot of controversy on bleacherreport.com.

Apparently the dolts in Foxboro didn't realize that it says (Humor) in the title, so I had to put it in caps.

Aside, enjoy the article.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/203441-how-to-start-controversy-the-top-16-nfl-fans-humor

trapezeus
06-21-2009, 03:31 PM
nice. putting the bills at top and pissing off pats fans. i don't know what more you could achieve.

BillsHound
06-21-2009, 04:05 PM
There really isn't much humor in journalism. Those are called columnists and only a select few people get those positions. Most journalists do straight reporting such as news and features. Many young reporters just want to write opinion but the truth is it takes years to get to that level. That's why most end up on BR. Not a shot at you I'm just saying it's a long road to become a columnist and most get frustrated before ever getting to that point, especially these days with so few jobs in the newspaper industry. Good luck and very entertaining article.

ServoBillieves
06-21-2009, 06:55 PM
There really isn't much humor in journalism. Those are called columnists and only a select few people get those positions. Most journalists do straight reporting such as news and features. Many young reporters just want to write opinion but the truth is it takes years to get to that level. That's why most end up on BR. Not a shot at you I'm just saying it's a long road to become a columnist and most get frustrated before ever getting to that point, especially these days with so few jobs in the newspaper industry. Good luck and very entertaining article.

Oh most certainly. I know that journalists are straight to the point, I'm more of a blogger, but journalism was the first thing that came to mind for me when writing the headline for this article.

Hyperion
06-22-2009, 01:43 AM
I like the dig at the Pats. Their 'fans' are a joke. I don't see how you can include the Indy fans in the top 16. Nobody in Indy cared until they became contenders and nobody will care after #18 is gone. One of the most under the radar bandwagon teams out there.

Pinkerton Security
06-22-2009, 08:36 AM
You're right, I remember back when the Pats sucked, my cousins and their friends didnt give a flying crap about the Pats (they live in Maine). Now, all I ever hear is how awesome the Pats are and how stupid I am for being a Bills fan.

Cntrygal
06-22-2009, 10:24 AM
:rofl:

You got some pretty good comments on that site too!

Michael82
06-22-2009, 10:49 AM
Nice article! I especially like the dig at the Pats fans. :snicker: