PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Brooks couldn't help this team?

ct bills fan
06-22-2009, 04:31 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/06/21/brooks/index.html?eref=sihp

Mudflap1
06-22-2009, 05:26 PM
If he's willing to come to Buffalo, then I don't get why the guy shouldn't be given a shot.

Hemlepp53
06-22-2009, 05:29 PM
I'd like to see him come aboard for the same reasons he shouldn't of been cut. Knowledge and understanding of the game. Our younger guys could of learned from him and his habits as a sucessful player in the leauge. If you read the article, I agree with Warren Sapp on this one.

Jan Reimers
06-22-2009, 05:33 PM
Even big time players get old, slow and less effective. He's 36 and hasn't had a sack in 3 years. I'd rather develop a young guy.

Hemlepp53
06-22-2009, 05:39 PM
Even big time players get old, slow and less effective. He's 36 and hasn't had a sack in 3 years. I'd rather develop a young guy.

Good point but there needs to be room for these guys somewhere. I expect him to coach at somepoint in his future.

Lexwhat
06-22-2009, 05:39 PM

A young guy? Like Keith Ellison??

...Because in all likelihood, that's who will be starting this year while Harris/Bowen continue to develop.

I would rather have Brooks for 1 year than Ellison for 1 year.

FlyingDutchman
06-22-2009, 06:21 PM
think id rather have Brooks than Boss Bailey

Pinkerton Security
06-22-2009, 07:00 PM

well id say that has something to do with the fact that hes 36, they arent blitzing him as much, and their system doesnt stress that he gets a lot of sacks....its not like he was ever a sack machine, his high was 3...

in contrast, he tied for 2nd in his career high in pass deflections with 7..

i just feel that one of, if not the best, cover 2 LBs in history could certainly share his knowledge with our players.

Jan Reimers
06-23-2009, 06:48 AM
I think, from what has been posted, we should hire him as a coach.

Pinkerton Security
06-23-2009, 08:04 AM

thats certainly another alternative that i would like

Bill Cody
06-23-2009, 08:34 AM
A young guy? Like Keith Ellison??

...Because in all likelihood, that's who will be starting this year while Harris/Bowen continue to develop.

I would rather have Brooks for 1 year than Ellison for 1 year.

ding ding ding we have a winner

Syderick
06-23-2009, 10:41 AM
Here's Chris Brown's take on it:

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/06/22/no-offers-for-pro-bowl-lb-brooks/

Tatonka
06-23-2009, 07:38 PM
he stated that he was playing on a hurt hamstring most of last year.. i don't think that there is any way, shape, or form that derrick brooks at 36 is worse than Keith Ellison at any age... the guy could be had for next to nothing at this point.. it is ridiculous that we are not even considering the guy.. if he comes in and doesn't outperform bowen or Harris, then so be it.. he becomes an extremely valuable backup... but in all likelihood.. he would be one of the best 3 linebackers on the team and start.. and guys like bowen and especially Harris could truly use a guy like him to learn from.

we have tons of room and he should be a bill.. apparently Chris brown thinks so too.

Hemlepp53
06-23-2009, 08:24 PM
Good point but there needs to be room for these guys somewhere. I expect him to coach at somepoint in his future.

:awm: I was thinking something like Singletary in San Fran. He has the knoweledge and understands what it takes to be a dominate player. He has shown this with his past training and study habits.

Just a thought....

BertSquirtgum
06-23-2009, 08:31 PM
some of you guys need to face the facts. no matter how sick it makes us. the bills are confident with ellison and the remaining young guys.

Hemlepp53
06-23-2009, 08:37 PM
some of you guys need to face the facts. no matter how sick it makes us. the bills are confident with ellison and the remaining young guys.

Dude i am good with it. I like the fact we have a young core group of guys but to pass up a HOF line backer is stupid. It isnt the first time we have done something like this but come on Dick ... its man up or get outta town.