X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yasgur's Farm
    • Feb 2005

Rumor - Tommie Harris?

Rumor - Reed and draft pick for DT Tommie Harris in 3 way deal between Bills, Bears and Broncos... Marshall to Bears.

Let's see if this baby grows legs!
  • SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

Re: Rumor - Tommie Harris?

sounds like wishful thinking.

Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

Harris, if healthy, would be a great addition, particularly if all we had to give up was Reed and a draft pick. I really like Reed, but we're deep at WR, so he could be replaced.

Don't know any injury details, but Harris hasn't started all 16 games since 2005.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• TigerJ
        • Jul 2002

The fact that a fan posts on the "official" Bills message boards doesn't give him/her any more credibility than a fan who posts on this message board. You take it for what it's worth, a rumor that will probably never happen. This kind of thing does make the weeks between mini-camp and trainig camp go a little quicker though. Maybe.
        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
          • Mar 2004

No thanks. Reed in the middle of the field with TO and Evans opening it up is going to be huge this year. Plus, he's the only guy that could get open besides Evans last year.

Comment

• Mahdi
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
            No thanks. Reed in the middle of the field with TO and Evans opening it up is going to be huge this year. Plus, he's the only guy that could get open besides Evans last year.
            Yes, But I would give Johnson the opportunity if it means getting Tommie Harris. Harris is the pass rushing DT that we have needed for this scheme since we started using it. Tripplett flopped, McCargo is still unknown, Kyle is not a pass rusher and Johnson hasn't shown much in the way of getting into the backfield either. Harris and Stroud would be the best DT combo in the league.

Comment

• GreedoII
              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
              LOL. Are you serious? Josh Reed?? Please....a medicore 3rd WR who is injury prone for a Pro Bowl DT. Yeah..you know football...

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Reed is in the last year of his contract, and with Evans, Hardy and Johnson (Owens is gone after this year) we can do without him, so this isn't completely outside the realm of possibility.

But there doesn't seem to be any source behind this- it's just conjecture.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                  Pinkerton's son
                  • Feb 2006

if this happened, Marshall would end up on the Bears with Cutler...that would be kinda crazy

Comment

• Commissioner
                    • Dec 2004

I don't know... We can definitely spare Josh Reed. But Tommie Harris is making a ton of money and has injury issues.

If he passes a rigorious physical, then maybe I would do it.
                    Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      Evans, Hardy and Johnson (Owens is gone after this year) .
                      that sounds like a crapy wr corps at this point. Two unprovens at 2 and 3 if you let Reed go.

With this being said, I wouldn't mind letting Reed go for Harris if he's 100%. Otherwise, no thanks.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Bill Cody
                        • Sep 2004

what's the rumor on what pick we'd have to give up? If it's not 1st day, I'd love this deal.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                          • Mar 2004

Tommie Harris has had chronic knee and hamstring problems the last 3 years. He hasn't missed a ton of time but misses most practices and has been less effective for long streteches.

I worry this is a chronic thing at this point that will shorten his career. But if those problems are thought to be over this might be worth it for a low enough pick and reed.
                          Last edited by Canadian'eh!; 06-23-2009, 10:25 AM.

Comment

• TigerJ
                            • Jul 2002

Three way trades are pretty tough to pull off. They happen once in a while. but not every year.
                            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                              that sounds like a crapy wr corps at this point. Two unprovens at 2 and 3 if you let Reed go.

With this being said, I wouldn't mind letting Reed go for Harris if he's 100%. Otherwise, no thanks.
                              I think the hope would be that Hardy and/or Johnson would improve enough over the course of this season that we'll be fine without Reed and Owens next year.

But the next issue is this: do you see the Bills re-signing Reed after next season? He certainly has proven himself as a 3rd WR, but he's up there in age and has back problems.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X