• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

Season-ticket buyers are filling up The Ralph

Hell yeah!
    To paraphrase sportscaster Chris Berman, nobody circles the wagons like Buffalo Bills season-ticket sellers. Despite nine years out of the National Football League playoffs, widespread grumbling about the coaching staff and a tough economy, the Bills are on track to sell about 55,000 season tickets this year. That would rank as the third-highest in the team’s 50-year history. The Bills already have sold 53,048 season tickets, with almost two months left until the first home preseason game.
    Team officials believe they have a shot at matching last season’s total of 56,011, second only to the 57,132 sold in 1992.
    After the disappointing end to the 2008 season, there was widespread speculation that the Bills would face a major task in selling anywhere close to last year’s total.
    Group tickets went on sale to the public Saturday. The Bills already have sold out the first four of their seven regular-season games in Orchard Park, and fewer than 3,000 tickets remain for the Miami game Nov. 29.
    more...

• THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: Season-ticket buyers are filling up The Ralph

What idiots. Why would people buy tickets to go to these games? They aren't going to have fun.

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

And this right here is EXACTLY why the Bills signed Terrell Owens. Without T.O....they would have been lucky to sell 45,000 IMO.

Comment

• TheMan08
        Knocks only the living.
        • Oct 2008

I GUARANTEE we score more points this year than any of the previous 5 years. Book it.

Comment

• scartown
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by TheMan08
          I GUARANTEE we score more points this year than any of the previous 5 years. Book it.
          If the Oline comes together I don't see why this can't happen. Can't get any much worse than averaging 2 points a game the last three at home (including the Toronto game).

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

You can analyze this phenomenon all you want, but we Bills fans simply love our team, no matter how poorly they perform. We always find some reason to be optimistic in the offseason, and thus to buy tickets.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• MassEffect218435
              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
              You can analyze this phenomenon all you want, but we Bills fans simply love our team, no matter how poorly they perform. We always find some reason to be optimistic in the offseason, and thus to buy tickets.
              It's easy to love the Bills when the tickets are as cheap as they are.

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Masseffect218345
                It's easy to love the Bills when the tickets are as cheap as they are.
                I'm so ****ing sick of that excuse. We aren't the ones telling Ralph to keep them the cheapest that he can. As a matter of fact, many of us Season Ticket holders said that if Ralph would invest in the team more and get us a winning team....we would have no problem paying the league average. Even if it means my Season tickets go from $430 to $650. I'll do it.

Comment

• TheMan08
                  Knocks only the living.
                  • Oct 2008

Giants and Jets tix go for like 120 a seat. I love going to Bills games and getting 4 seats for $160! That is how much I get them for off craigslist.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82
                    I'm so ****ing sick of that excuse. We aren't the ones telling Ralph to keep them the cheapest that he can. As a matter of fact, many of us Season Ticket holders said that if Ralph would invest in the team more and get us a winning team....we would have no problem paying the league average. Even if it means my Season tickets go from $430 to $650. I'll do it.
                    I feel the same way, Mikey. My club seats are ridiculously cheap compared to other NFL teams, and I would be willing to pay more for a better on-field product.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• TheMan08
                      Knocks only the living.
                      • Oct 2008

But the bottomline is Buffalo has a great fan base. Buffalo Bills fans will go to brutal weather games when there team is 4-12. They love this team. And it is something that is a good thing. Loyalty is important.

Comment

• TheMan08
                        Knocks only the living.
                        • Oct 2008

If Buffalo raised prices and kept the same on field product... i do not see the numbers plummeting. Bills fans will support this team no matter what!

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TheMan08
                          If Buffalo raised prices and kept the same on field product... i do not see the numbers plummeting. Bills fans will support this team no matter what!
                          Agreed....that's why I was shocked that they didn't raise prices this year.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • May 2009

i didn't get them this year. we'll see if i'm going to be kicking myself in the ass.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                              • Apr 2005

Nothin to do with the Ralph, but I already got 20 tickets for when the Bills play here in Carolina. This place is WNY removed. We're taking that stadium over!

Last edited by FlyingDutchman; 06-23-2009, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X