PDA

View Full Version : New Depth Chart

ServoBillieves
06-23-2009, 11:59 AM
http://www.buffalobills.com/team/depth-chart-list.html

Scott starting, Palmer and Harris second string, Chambers and McKinney at both guard spots, and Sco as the #3 receiver.

Hmm... If the season were to start today...

Canadian'eh!
06-23-2009, 12:03 PM
If the season were to start today this wouldn't be the real depth chart. Rookies are almost always placed low on the depth chart until they prove something in camp, even if it's just a formality. They stay motivated i guess, and it's a respect thing to the vets.

Canadian'eh!
06-23-2009, 12:04 PM
Also Not sure who Sco is.... but the #3 WR is Reed.

Jan Reimers
06-23-2009, 12:19 PM
I put little faith in June Depth Charts. Sco is Roscoe Parrish, I presume.

TigerJ
06-23-2009, 01:20 PM
If the season were to start today this wouldn't be the real depth chart. Rookies are almost always placed low on the depth chart until they prove something in camp, even if it's just a formality. They stay motivated i guess, and it's a respect thing to the vets.True, but it's interesting that Ashley Palmer, and undrafted rookie free agent is ahead of Alvin Bowen, a second year player, as a weak side backer.

TigerJ
06-23-2009, 01:41 PM
It's also interesting that Brandon Rodd is the only backup listed to Hangartner at center. Rodd is a second year player who was a rookie undrafted free agent a year ago after playing left tackle for the Arizona State Sun Devils. No Eric Wood. No Seth McKinney, both of whom would seem to have much more of a pedigree to back up at center than Rodd. McKinney I can understand since he's listed as a starter at right guard. I don't yet attach much significance to he depth chart, but it is curious.

theanswer74
06-23-2009, 01:58 PM
It's also interesting that Brandon Rodd is the only backup listed to Hangartner at center. Rodd is a second year player who was a rookie undrafted free agent a year ago after playing left tackle for the Arizona State Sun Devils. No Eric Wood. No Seth McKinney, both of whom would seem to have much more of a pedigree to back up at center than Rodd. McKinney I can understand since he's listed as a starter at right guard. I don't yet attach much significance to he depth chart, but it is curious.

No reason to look into anything, the depth chart now is all about reps.

McKinney/Wood will be the backup center when the season starts. The Bills will only keep 7-8 on the OL.

TigerJ
06-23-2009, 02:05 PM
I don't see the Bills keeping less than 8 offensive linemen.

Canadian'eh!
06-23-2009, 02:17 PM
True, but it's interesting that Ashley Palmer, and undrafted rookie free agent is ahead of Alvin Bowen, a second year player, as a weak side backer.

Funny how depth charts can be used as a tool to "motivate" some guys.

But in this case I might think it has a lot to do with Bowen coming back off a major injury.

Jan Reimers
06-23-2009, 02:36 PM
I thought we generally kept 9, but some of our guys (Chambers, Hangartner, Wood?) may be able to play a couple of positions, and Bell may be the swing guy at both tackle positions. Eight might do it in that case.

SquishDaFish
06-23-2009, 02:43 PM
Roscoe is listed as #3 WR not Reed. It goes #1 Evans #2 Owens and then #1s backup is the #3 which is Roscoe

theanswer74
06-23-2009, 03:14 PM

The Bills only had 7 OL active last year.

They will keep more, but Im talking about the opening day depth chart, they will have only 7-8 dressed.

Night Train
06-23-2009, 03:19 PM
That depth chart means little right now.

ServoBillieves
06-23-2009, 03:30 PM
I know it means nothing, hence why I put "If the season started today."

kid mickey
06-23-2009, 09:56 PM
That chart gives you a feel of who is performing right now. Lankster is battling his way onto the roster and surprisingly Ashlee an UDFA has found himself the main backup. The same with Nic Harris. These guys could be the future of the LBer corps. The just need to add a little more size to their frames and they could ball. Mitchell won't be with Buffalo for much longer and they could simply be developing these young guys. We will see what happens. Can't wait for pads to go on. Then the real depth chart will come up. Until then who really knows.

trapezeus
06-24-2009, 08:42 AM
perhaps parrish is #3 as a political maneuver. So the bills can package him in a trade and tell people, "look, the guy is good. he's our number 3 receiver. Not bad when you consider owens and evans are ahead of him."

another twist on it could be that they are feeding the tommie Harris trade option and reed is coming off the board.

neither make a ton of sense, back it makes more sense than why he'd be placed on the depth chart as #3

psubills62
06-24-2009, 09:02 AM
I'm not sure you can look at the depth chart for a two-receiver set and say with certainty that the guy behind the "WR1" position is the #3 receiver. I'm pretty sure that depth chart has more to do with the differences between Lee Evans' flanker position and TO's split end position.

Parrish, as a smaller and quicker receiver, is more suited for the flanker position behind Evans. Reed, as more of a physical receiver, is more suited for the split end position behind Owens. Doesn't mean Parrish will be the first slot receiver out in three-wide.

xXSpIkes5IXx
06-24-2009, 07:23 PM
We are in trouble if Seth McKinney is starting week 1, I remember him from his Miami days, and he was god awful

Philagape
06-24-2009, 07:27 PM
I'm not sure you can look at the depth chart for a two-receiver set and say with certainty that the guy behind the "WR1" position is the #3 receiver. I'm pretty sure that depth chart has more to do with the differences between Lee Evans' flanker position and TO's split end position.

Parrish, as a smaller and quicker receiver, is more suited for the flanker position behind Evans. Reed, as more of a physical receiver, is more suited for the split end position behind Owens. Doesn't mean Parrish will be the first slot receiver out in three-wide.

And even if it were a numerical depth chart, a #4 could vault to #2 in case of injury and the #3 could stay in the slot (hypothetically).

Hemlepp53
06-24-2009, 08:53 PM
Nice post. It got one hell of a reaction. If the season started today with this roster we would end the season with a 10 - 6 record. Here is the reason why.... All the correct adjustments would be made by week 4 and we would have the proper peices in place. From that point (always optimistic..) we lose one game.... God i hope we end with a record like that.... Anyhow .. good post... great replies...

Yasgur's Farm
06-25-2009, 05:56 PM
Roscoe was Lee's backup last season too... Who got 52 receptions? Who got 22 receptions?