PDA

View Full Version : I just read from Chris Brown

The Juice Is Loose
06-25-2009, 10:53 AM
Dude, what the heck? We got the "quickest man in the NFL"...we have a hard time throwing to him because he's a spec on the radar once he's ten yards down field.

I bet the center could hit him!

Lets run some damn Wildcat with Roscoe back there! He's got the athletic ability of Vick, and frankly if he played QB in HS he's got to have the same type of throwing ability.

Vick can't throw.

Let's get Roscoe out in some Wildcat!!!!!!!!!!!

THATHURMANATOR
06-25-2009, 10:59 AM
NO

sting32
06-25-2009, 11:00 AM
I agree. We have to get this guy involved. I just don't understand why the ball isn't in his hands more. He's a playmaker!!!

The Juice Is Loose
06-25-2009, 11:06 AM
He has 9 career carries for almost 5 ypc. You can do a reverse with the option to pass. The guy can probably make 3-4 guys miss per carry.

I just feel that if you have multiple wrinkles in your offense

- No Huddle
- 4/5 wide sets
- Wildcat with Roscoe
- TO/Lee
- Fred/Lynch/Dominic

That is a lot for a team to prepare for. If you have to spend 5 minutes worrying about Roscoe getting the snap, that's 5 minutes you didn't worry about TO or Lee or Fred or Lynch.

That could be 10 extra yards on a crucial play to get us into field goal range, or extend a drive, or run out the clock.

The reason we play the Pats well on opening day the last couple times, was because they didn't know what to prepare for. Each time our team was drastically diff from the year before. This year is the same. If we throw Roscoe out there for 2 snaps per game, its prep time that is wasted by other teams.

You can't talk me out of this.

Captain gameboy
06-25-2009, 11:21 AM
I'm not a tailgater, so I watch the warm ups closely.

Roscoe throws ropes up to 30 yards.

His arm is very noticeable, and very good.

Mudflap1
06-25-2009, 11:34 AM
I'm not a proponent of installing an all-out Wildcat set for the offense. However, if the guy can throw (and we all know he's quick), there's no reason why there can't be a couple of trick plays in the playbook involving him getting a reverse or something and passing it. That's just incompetence by the coaching staff.

justasportsfan
06-25-2009, 11:39 AM
1 he's too short (Flutie size)

2. Turk doesn't have enough tape on how to run the wildcat. He'll need to watch the fins run it more so he can learn.

3. no one can understand what he's saying

yordad
06-25-2009, 11:40 AM
Yes it should be in the play book. And, they should run it the first week. This will put more on an opponents plate.

yordad
06-25-2009, 11:41 AM
Oh, and I think Fred Jackson was the emergency QB last year, but Parrish was it for a year or two prior.

elltrain22
06-25-2009, 11:42 AM
i think its def worth a shot

Yasgur's Farm
06-25-2009, 11:48 AM
Lynch throws a fairly good ball as well.

Nighthawk
06-25-2009, 11:51 AM
Wow, you just found out that he used to play QB...umm, where have you been for the past 4 years?

TigerJ
06-25-2009, 11:51 AM
I'm not a tailgater, so I watch the warm ups closely.

Roscoe throws ropes up to 30 yards.

His arm is very noticeable, and very good.

Interesting. The main drawbacks with Roscoe is he is apparently not the sharpest tool in the shed, and his lack of height could make seeing over the offensive line a bit of a problem. I would not be opposed if Schonert designed some simple players with Roscoe as the wildcat QB that allowed him to roll out and then decide to throw or run.

The Juice Is Loose
06-25-2009, 12:10 PM
Wow, you just found out that he used to play QB...umm, where have you been for the past 4 years?
I never really cared for Parrish. I wasn't happy when we drafted him. I felt we needed to add physical players, and we added the smallest guy in the draft and a TE we never heard of cuz he supposedly could beat K Winslow in a race (Everett)

Sorry I didn't look up the life history of our punt returner.

All I'm talking about, is that every team has installed a wildcat. Every team. Turk has been in the NFL in some capacity for over 20 years and people think he can't write up a couple wildcat plays?! You only need a couple. Once you run them, you come up with a couple more that counter the former ones. You don't need a 40 play book for a couple trick plays to Roscoe.

As far as being too short. You can run some sort of counter action to get him some space. I'm tired of hearing that. If he hands it to Fred or Marshawn the first time we run it, they'll jump toward them the 2nd time.

He's three times as fast as an LB or DL, so if they don't read it right in the first half a second, he's gonna have some space to make a throw.

Worst case just let him run it. Just knowing that he could throw a pass makes it better. It'd get him involved so it'd make him happier. He can leave it all on that play cuz he will be resting the next play.

Unlike a starting RB or QB who may have to run the next play. He can criss cross the field 4 times and burn some people.

BertSquirtgum
06-25-2009, 12:11 PM
i want to puke on this idea

The Juice Is Loose
06-25-2009, 12:14 PM
If you guys really think its a bad idea to give our quickest athlete the football with 2 choices on what to do with it, you don't understand football.

We'll just keep him on the sideline then guys. Sorry to bother you.

justasportsfan
06-25-2009, 12:18 PM
If you guys really think its a bad idea to give our quickest athlete the football with 2 choices on what to do with it, you don't understand football.

We'll just keep him on the sideline then guys. Sorry to bother you.
It's not a bad idea but you have to consider that we couldn't even run screen passes with Roscoe. I doubt our coaches can teach our players to block on the run with D's knowing we're gonna run the wildcat. For the wildcat to work, your OL has to have the ability to impose itself vs. the D. With this new OL we're not even sure if we can block for a simple 3 step drop or pick up a blitz.

think of it, the pats used screen plays all the way to winning a SB in Brady's 2nd year. They used it to devlop Cassel. WE don't even know it exists.

Ed
06-25-2009, 12:22 PM
Roscoe is probably the most dangerous player we have when he gets the ball in his hands, which is why I've never been able to understand why we don't run more reverses with him. I feel like I beg for it every year, but we just don't do it. So anything that gets him more involved would be great with me. Between Roscoe, Marshawn and Fred Jackson, I don't see why we can't run a few wildcat plays each game.

Give me more Roscoe though!

madness
06-25-2009, 12:34 PM
I'm not a proponent of installing an all-out Wildcat set for the offense. However, if the guy can throw (and we all know he's quick), there's no reason why there can't be a couple of trick plays in the playbook involving him getting a reverse or something and passing it. That's just incompetence by the coaching staff.
Actually Miami only used it about 10-12 plays or less per game last year. I don't see any reason not to throw in a few plays using Roscoe.

Jan Reimers
06-25-2009, 02:17 PM
Dude, what the heck? We got the "quickest man in the NFL"...we have a hard time throwing to him because he's a spec on the radar once he's ten yards down field.

Lets run some damn Wildcat with Roscoe back there! He's got the athletic ability of Vick, and frankly if he played QB in HS he's got to have the same type of throwing ability.

Vick can't throw.

Sounds like a bunch of Mularkey to me.

OpIv37
06-25-2009, 02:24 PM
People seem to forget that Roscoe is all of 165 and most NFL defenders can arm tackle him like nothing. He needs a LOT of open space to operate. A standard Wildcat where he has to run through the mass of humanity at the LOS isn't going to work.

Screen passes, reverses- sure, let him try it. But don't hand him the ball in the backfield and send him up the middle or off tackle. It won't work.

thenry20
06-25-2009, 02:48 PM

Vick can't throw.

Haha!!!

Sorry for laughing but I don't see Turk or the rest of the offensive coaching staff being so clever. After all, they have Josh Reed run end arounds and reverses while using Roscoe and Lee as decoys!!!

Stupid is as stupid does.

The Juice Is Loose
06-25-2009, 03:23 PM
Maybe my use of the word Wildcat limits what I'm describing.

2 or 3 trick plays in which Roscoe Parrish has an option of whether to run or pass.

Is that ok?

ServoBillieves
06-25-2009, 04:14 PM

Vick can't throw.

Would Roscoe be able to see over the line?

trapezeus
06-25-2009, 04:33 PM
the wildcat was the in vogue play last year. it worked the first couple times and it became less and less effective as the season wore on. So the OC shouldn't be copying plays that seem like one hit wonders to try on their own. They should be creating their own unique plays that can catch teams when their off guard.

That being said, if roscoe is on the team, you should use him. but at the same time, we saw what happens when he gets a lot of action. he gets hurt.

He's a luxury player that the pats can use. We don't have basic blocking down right now with all the new players.

Hemlepp53
06-27-2009, 12:49 PM
I think using Parrish in various ways will open up the options on offense and like many have said give the opposing team one more thing to study and worry about. If we came out in week one and used it effectivly for the remainder of the season very D-cord will have plan and prepare for all possibilities. I like the idea but not sure how it would work with him as QB unless he rolled out of the pocket and threw on the run or just broke off and ran for yards... :whistle:

ddaryl
06-27-2009, 12:59 PM
If Parrish can throw 30 yds on a rope like gameboy says... then hell yes. At least give it a shot some in preseason..

Parrish requires creative thinking if he is going to be more effective for us

well now that I brought up creative thinking I think I now understand why it probably won't happen.. bummer

ddaryl
06-27-2009, 01:01 PM

yeah I would never expect a full wildcat O... unless it turned out to be unstoppable.. but I think it better serves as a twist into the playbook

Hemlepp53
06-28-2009, 01:08 AM
yeah I would never expect a full wildcat O... unless it turned out to be unstoppable.. but I think it better serves as a twist into the playbook
Like i said to keep em' on their toes..... wondering when are they going to do it.... lol