Could the Bills season be ended by New England in the first week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Could the Bills season be ended by New England in the first week?

A primetime game, on the road, playing a very talented team with Brady back in their season opener. Our inexperienced reshuffled offensive line playing in a very loud stadium.

Does this seem like a recipe for getting our QB knocked out for the season or sustaining a key injury to TO because of our new o-line missing an assignment?

This game sounded exciting when it was annouced but maybe the biggest victory might be not losing key players for the year.

Will the fans finally hold the front office accountable for not getting the contracts right for the last decade and not fielding Peters-Levitre/Dockery-Hangartner-Butler-Walker instead of gambling on the move to save moeny and reshuffle the entire line if their is a key injury?

I probably can endure watching another 7-9 season but imagine what the season looks like without Edwards or TO for the year?
  • MikeInRoch
    • Sep 2003

Re: Could the Bills season be ended by New England in the first week?

I had forgotten why I had muted you before. Thanks for the reminder.
    "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• ddaryl
      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
      • Jan 2005

Sell everything and live your life like there is no tommorow... The end has come

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

I was out of the country on business/vacation for the last 2 weeks. I miss you guys too!

Funny thing here is I never get a counter argument that is " I think you are wrong because...."

You don't think the Pats will be bringing the house early??

Comment

• DrGraves
          • Mar 2008

I think it could... we have a veryyyyy verrrry tough schedule. The only bad team we play is Cleveland... and THEY BEAT US LAST YEAR

Comment

• realdealryan
            realdealrex
            • Nov 2005

No. There are 15 more games.

Is there anyone, ANYONE, who is going to hang their hat on one game playing a team that we haven't beaten in years? If they are, they need to quit hitting the bong so hard.

Comment

• Philagape
              WIN NOW
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
              Funny thing here is I never get a counter argument that is " I think you are wrong because...."
              There's nothing to counter ... you present nothing but wild speculation.
              What's the point of saying "No, HH, I don't think Trent or TO will suffer a season-ending injury"?
              It's like predicting which celebrities will die that week.
              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• kid mickey
                • Apr 2009

Originally posted by realdealryan
                No. There are 15 more games.

Is there anyone, ANYONE, who is going to hang their hat on one game playing a team that we haven't beaten in years? If they are, they need to quit hitting the bong so hard.
                It really depends on the score at the end of the game. If Buffalo gets blown out 41-10, then yes I am going to hang my hat on that. I will know that Buffalo is no closer to play-offs and most certainly on its way to a 7-9 finish at best.
                Biggest Donte Whitner supporter on this entire message board...Maybe biggest Donte Whitner fan ever...Wish there was a white throwback out that I could get of you guessed it #20...

Comment

• mybills
                  81 st zoner
                  • Jul 2002

I think the Bills will go there very well prepared, and Belichick & his rusty QB won't know what hit them. Our offense will explode all over their D, and when they try to adjust, we'll adjust and explode on them again! I can't wait..I have good seats this time.
                  I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by mybills
                    I think the Bills will go there very well prepared, and Belichick & his rusty QB won't know what hit them. Our offense will explode all over their D, and when they try to adjust, we'll adjust and explode on them again! I can't wait..I have good seats this time.

I would love nothing more. On the flip side if we get trashed and we get our QB killed in the process than the season is over before it begins.

My point on this post is that the Bills better make damn sure that the o-line that they are gambling on protects our QB or there will be no reason to have good tickets for the rest of the season.

Home opener away in NE with a brand new o-line. Nobody wants to look at the reality of the situation.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                      • Feb 2004

WOW
                      We haven't even started training camp..
                      This team is different this year and I don't know if its just me...BUT..
                      I think this team is pretty close to sniffing the playoffs, they underachieved last year and we have 1 of the best WR duos in the NFL....
                      This will open this team up huge for the offense meaning our defense will be on the field less.....
                      BRADY is the 1 that is coming back from that terrible surgery, YOU don't think the BILLS know that are going to BLITZ his ass right away...
                      GO Gators!!!!!!
                      GO GATORS!!

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                        • Mar 2005

See Miami 2008: Coming off a 1-15 season and started off 0-2. They could have folded up their tents and gone home. That's why they play the games...all 16

Comment

• hydro
                          • Oct 2005

This thread is even more doom and gloom than Opiv can handle.
                          BERNIAC!

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                            • Mar 2005

hey, I did my part to try and brighten it up

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                              short bus extraordinaire
                              • Jul 2002

one game doesn't end a season unless they come out of that game with a boatload of season ending injuries.
                              Originally posted by yordad
                              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

Working...
                              X